Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Catastrophic FPS Drop When Running Multiple Clients

I get a solid 60 fps with one client on Xanadu.  The moment I load a second character, my fps drops to 3-5 on both clients.  I am running 64-bit java and before the client update, a second load would only drop my fps to around 40, which was fine. 

Has anyone else noticed a catastrophic fps drop when running multiple clients since the recent renderer update?

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

It's most likely due to running out of video memory - couple settings affect that, mostly "Terrain/Shadow detail" option.

It'll be reduced by a lot with the next update, but it shouldn't have changed with the renderer update - maybe you changed your settings in that time?

Getting the same issue, says 42 FPS but lagging like crazy.

Total memory use only 80% when running two clients in 640x480 windows using Very Short, Short, Very Short viewing distances,  water reflection Off, Shadow detail Disabled, Flare Off, only using 80% of available memory.

So i am not running out of memory.  Got a few gigs to spare.  Still dragging and lagging like crazy.

Food for thought, Cheers, Hughmongus

2 hours ago, Samool said:

It's most likely due to running out of video memory - couple settings affect that, mostly "Terrain/Shadow detail" option.

It'll be reduced by a lot with the next update, but it shouldn't have changed with the renderer update - maybe you changed your settings in that time?

Hum....  I think I did do some tweaks since I had read in the updates about less memory requirements, etc.  Let me tweak my settings again so I can do an apples-to-apples comparison.

Thanks!

UPDATE:  I had set my background FPS limit to 5 so with both instances running on each monitor respectively, the focused fps was good but the non-focused client reverted to the 5 fps limit.  I changed that and also turned down the shadow detail and I am getting pretty good frames now.

Thanks again Samool!!!

Edited by Eyesgood