Sign in to follow this  
lelovito

Fix Stealth

After some recent fights on chaos i've noticed some issues with the stealth system. From what I could find on the wiki (I'm not entirely certain it's accurate) it seems that if you are stealthed and somebody with higher body control enters local, they have a good chance of un-stealthing you. However, it doesnt actually take you out of stealth mode, it just makes you visible to that person. I think this should be changed to either A.) have it completely remove you from stealth when one player discovers you like this, or B.) Remove the body control unstealth system completely while still having it unstealth you in the event a single person uncovers you.

Edited by lelovito

-1 not broken, grind ur toon

you move around in stealth with the advantage of not being seen, at the risk of being caught and not knowing it

• Like 2

That's not how it works.

Also , I agree with the person above me, grind your toon.

3 minutes ago, Sn00 said:

That's not how it works.

Also , I agree with the person above me, grind your toon.

I'm just pulling info directly from the wiki so if that's not how it works, correct me. How does it work?

1 minute ago, lelovito said:

I'm just pulling info directly from the wiki so if that's not how it works, correct me. How does it work?

Well, it does a check on your mind logic compared to my body control if I'm the one stealthing for you to spot me.

So, wanna have an easier time spotting someone , grind mind logic. Wanna have a easier time stealthing grind body control.

Also, this only does a check when you are moving, if you stand completely still it will be much harder for someone to spot you, use this information well and the next time you put forward a suggestion, fact check.

16 minutes ago, lelovito said:

One thing was correct though, stealth needs a rework on the wiki. I updated it with the information I wrote here , I will get to clean it up a tad later.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Stealth

1 minute ago, Sn00 said:

One thing was correct though, stealth needs a rework on the wiki. I updated it with the information I wrote here , I will get to clean it up a tad later.

https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Stealth

ty for that, wiki has too much outdated info, especially for pvp related topics.

It'd be nice if there were a way to tell whether your stealth was successful or not. It takes some risk out of using it, I suppose, but as it is, it requires having a buddy nearby to tell you if you left local for them or not, which has nothing to do with how much you have grinded your toon; all you need is an alt.

How to tell if your stealth actually worked right? I'd recommend not entering stealth mode and I'd also recommend actually leaving stealth mode when you are discovered by any 1 player. That might be too straightforward and remove much of the risk / uncertainty.

What would you change about the stealth mode? Do you think it works perfectly as is?

12 hours ago, platinumteef said:

-1 not broken, grind ur toon

you move around in stealth with the advantage of not being seen, at the risk of being caught and not knowing it

This.

3 hours ago, Deathangel said:

It'd be nice if there were a way to tell whether your stealth was successful or not. It takes some risk out of using it, I suppose, but as it is, it requires having a buddy nearby to tell you if you left local for them or not, which has nothing to do with how much you have grinded your toon; all you need is an alt.

How to tell if your stealth actually worked right? I'd recommend not entering stealth mode and I'd also recommend actually leaving stealth mode when you are discovered by any 1 player. That might be too straightforward and remove much of the risk / uncertainty.

What would you change about the stealth mode? Do you think it works perfectly as is?

Sucessful Hide:

bd85e397e25c7504c9424f980f56db37.png

cf565a111da082d4e0a1b4e87777b33c.png

Unsuccesful Hide:

acdbdecff91ad0a085aa13437021f88e.png

57f45bf57922632778d67562212474f9.png

When you break your hide:

29da502c959d2cbdb53a653fa2ce170d.png

57f45bf57922632778d67562212474f9.png

It looks to me that it does tell you when you hide or fail to hide. Works as intended. Now, about getting discovered, I believe you should under no circumstances know you were spotted. A player might see you stealthing a mile away, and make it part of his strategy to pretend he isn't seeing you. He grinded his mind logic for this, and he should be rewarded. On top of that, just as in real life, you have no way of knowing if someone spotted you. Just watch your kids play hide and seek. Your daughter might swear she has the best hiding spot in the world, yet you can see her shoes peeking under the courtain. High mind logic vs low body control.

I am in agreement with what many of the people here say. Grind your toon. Stealth is a skill that is highly linked to strategy. It works as intended.

• Like 1

I've done lots of testing with stealth, and I can assure you it works quite mechanically well, just ask the loads of people who have died to me because of it. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TradingAlt said:

I've done lots of testing with stealth, and I can assure you it works quite mechanically well, just ask the loads of people who have died to me because of it. 

Cant. They all died of old age. Its been so looong...

Be nice if can't be seen unless within a certain range of tiles instead of someone having higher stats then you.  Would help PvP be a little more even.

Edited by nicedreams

7 minutes ago, nicedreams said:

Be nice if can't be seen unless within a certain range of tiles instead of someone having higher stats then you.  Would help PvP be a little more even.

I would be on board on increasing difficulty of detection with distance, but not eliminating it completely.