Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Please significantly increase pick up ranges

just spent 20 minutes trying to pick up a sea serpent I killed.  Continually struggling to work with storage in my house.  Just barely in range when one floor different.  choppping wood or working with dirt piles on tall slopes is just silly.

• Like 4

Sea serpents are big and it can be a pain to identify the correct place to pick them up, they still have a central point that checks whether you're in range

The height change is intentional, and is designed to be able to reach one floor above or no higher. 

It will not take effect outside a house though 

• Like 1

It sounds like two different things are being discussed here, but when it comes to the Sea Serpent issue it would be nice if larger objects like that had a larger pick-up range. Sometimes the larger models get in the way and it can be frustrating to work with them. There are probably PvE & PvP considerations there that I haven't though of, but it would be nice to have.

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Sea serpents are big and it can be a pain to identify the correct place to pick them up, they still have a central point that checks whether you're in range

The height change is intentional, and is designed to be able to reach one floor above or no higher. 

so we can now reach anything on the same tile, or within one tile range, when outside?  As far as inside, can it be bumped up to 1.5 floors range?  I have to do a lot of positioning to get access to my upper floor containers.

If everything was 1.5 tiles and 1.5 floors, it would solve a lot of issues with reach, especially when mounted on carts, wagons and boats

• Like 1

What circumstances are you unable to reach vertically? 

After the initial change about a month ago, there were reports of not being able to reach the ocean floor and dropped items on very steep slopes, from the spot you were standing/riding when dropped.  I have had to climb part way up slopes to reach creatures or piles that were very high, but on same tile.  In my own house, when I stack BSBs or racks on the edge of an open floor, one level above, I should be able to stand anywhere on the floor below, within 1 tile distance of the items above, but it doesn't work that way.  I have to get very precise in my positioning to reach into those containers and when mounted on a cart, it is even harder - odd because cart appears to make me higher up and closer to those containers.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

After the initial change about a month ago, there were reports of not being able to reach the ocean floor and dropped items on very steep slopes, from the spot you were standing/riding when dropped.  I have had to climb part way up slopes to reach creatures or piles that were very high, but on same tile. 

This was fixed in an update after, shouldnt be an issue now

51 minutes ago, Wurmhole said:

In my own house, when I stack BSBs or racks on the edge of an open floor, one level above, I should be able to stand anywhere on the floor below, within 1 tile distance of the items above,

it's a 1.5 tile range, 6m roughly 

6 hours ago, Retrograde said:

This was fixed in an update after, shouldnt be an issue now

Plenty of people would beg to differ:

Edited by Delacroix
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Ah hell, you can't even pick up or butcher a animal corpse if you not standing on the same tile.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Delacroix said:

Plenty of people would beg to differ:

Like i said, differences with being able to open and interact with contents are separate, height is not an issue 

what Jake said, can no longer pick up, butcher, bury whatever a mob unless you are on top of it literally, can't be right

• Like 2

On 8/26/2018 at 11:30 AM, Retrograde said:

Like i said, differences with being able to open and interact with contents are separate, height is not an issue  

Except, as I described in one of my later posts in that thread, it is absolutely an issue with height, when the same distance without the height difference works.

yeah hell i can't even walk up stairs after opening my cart to transfer to a bsb one floor up .. whats up with that my open cart closes every time..