Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Special Animal Spawning

Has there been a change in spawn requirements for animals with characteristics (sly, greenish, champ)?

Lately I've seen champ, sly, and greenish near my deed. I have a fierce bear nest, but it wasn't from that. I haven't found any other nests nearby. The sly bear and greenish spider were underground, so very unlikely for both to have wandered here. The champ wolf did wander, but no idea how far.

• Like 1

I've also noticed this, traited wildcats/wolves/trolls/etc, a champion spider spawned next to me on my dock etc. Yet, I haven't seen any nests around.

they seem to have a chance to spawn anywhere now. i've found plenty of traited animals in the middle of the steppe with no spawners around

I think that ever since the new shadings were added to traited animals a lot more of them have been spawing of all types. Maybe Dev's just want to show off all their colorfulness now. Some do look very cool with their subtle differences if you look closely. Nice stuff!

=Ayes=

• Like 1

I summoned a worg yesterday and it spawned as alert, which I didn't think was possible. I'm thinking it's very plausible that the animal spawning mechanics in general have been changed to allow for random conditions.