Sign in to follow this  
Guest fullkontact

Collision boxes on animals

Animals such as Scorps, spiders and more should have collision boxes.

I hate running through a forest, I have to dodge every tree, they float through them

A scorpion should be extremely weak in a forest, a spider has comoflage but still should be affected by trees. And so on, same for trolls, goblins, and everythign really.

+1

I hate having to weave through trees while my predators can glide through them. This will also stop people having 37 cows in a 4 tile pen. Good thing? I'll leave you to figure it out.  8)

• Like 1

Yes, it makes perfect sense. However, they cant go through walls so they must have some sort of collosion detection already built in, it just needs to apply to more things imho.

+1

• Like 1

No sure it is a good idea. It will make dragging a pet through the forest extremly difficult and iritating. Losing them stuck in walls/fences seems enough for me. But of course it will make woods more safe. With poor AI animals have they will be often stuck and stop chasing you. I used it long time ago to run from wolves and bears.

With poor AI animals have they will be often stuck and stop chasing you

Good.

I guess it might be added with the player collision, can always hope ^^

+1

Sounds like a great idea

I guess it might be added with the player collision, can always hope ^^

We do have player collision for opposing kingdoms.

On the test server, yes, that's the one I meant. Haven't seen any of it on the live servers.

+1 Maybe this would keep my chickens and sheep from vanishing into the stone walls. Also It's kind of hard to pick up or loot a small corpse such as a wildcat or cave bug that died in the middle of a large tree!

• Like 1

On 5/21/2020 at 2:03 PM, Gawain said:

Holy necro! But yes

It shows that some of fairly broad-based improvements have been identified for a long time without real word on whether or not they are being considered, let alone implemented.

Wurm Suggestions & Ideas is not quite a shredder with a "Suggestions" label.... maybe more like a big bin with a "Suggestions" label.  Some stuff might get picked off the top, but there is often no real difference between "not now", "no" and "working on on it" as far as feedback goes, generally.  That's not really a complaint, just a recognition and I don't really have a solution to that, knowing the limitations on staff time etc.  I do think, though, that it means that we should EXPECT old stuff to be brought up rather than re-invented over and over.

It's a bit of heads-I-win, tails-you-lose when it comes to stuff suggested long ago.  If you suggest it fresh, others will either say "well this was already suggested" or paste in a link to an old thread, becoming focussed on the fact of earlier suggestions rather than the substance of the suggestion itself. If you decide to avoid that by necroing an old thread, well people then are more concerned with the thread being necroed than with the substance of the suggestion.    

• Like 3

I would love to see collision implemented in Wurm.

Collision would definitely add an aspect of immersion for me.

Players

A consideration should be made on whether or not to allow pushing. If it was allowed, it could be added as a permission on deeds, that way deed owners can decide whether they want to allow people on their deed to push each other or not.

Furniture

The ability to stack or overlay different pieces of furniture on top of one another is a freedom that allows us to be really creative with our furniture arrangements. Maybe with furniture collision we could place items on top of more things. (e.g. on the seat of a chair)

Creatures

I wish animals didn't clip through each other, it seems like they all like to path to the same tile and end up making Xs with each other. This would be deter people from keeping large amounts of animals in small pens, but it would also help reduce the chance of animals getting diseases if they can't walk through one another.

Edited by Spazmunki13
Removed unnecessary element.
  • Like 1

In addition to this make it so they cannot climb extreme slopes. Except maybe spiders.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 9:11 PM, Idlamn said:

In addition to this make it so they cannot climb extreme slopes. Except maybe spiders.

+10000

kinda silly how it goes now.The heavy fat clumsy Troll casually runs a crazy slope like its a damn cat :D

Edited by Berms

This is one of those ancient suggestions that's never happened and never will, simply because of the strain it'd place on servers. Varying slope limits for mobs would be nice, though. 

Here's why I think we really need this...wurm.20191221.1759.png

wurm.20190207.2053_1.jpgwurm.20190207.2053.jpg

wurm.20210908.1916.jpg

wurm.20201031.2210_1.jpg

wurm.20220105.1913.jpg

wurm.20220322.1954.jpg

wurm.20220327.1832.jpg

wurm.20210601.2051_1.jpg

wurm.20220123.1856.jpg

On 5/15/2008 at 5:18 PM, Guest fullkontact said:

Animals such as Scorps, spiders and more should have collision boxes.

I hate running through a forest, I have to dodge every tree, they float through them

A scorpion should be extremely weak in a forest, a spider has comoflage but still should be affected by trees. And so on, same for trolls, goblins, and everythign really.

14years later, still a good suggestion

+1