Sign in to follow this  
Middi

Mail Item Expiry Time

1 week ago sold an item and sent it COD, the buyer is yet to claim that item from the mail system and as yet I have been unable to contact them.

Assuming this buyer has no intention of collecting the mail, they change their mind, have gone inactive or quit, I will not receive the item back for up to 28 days.

Fortunately in this case it is not of high value only around 5s, but if this was say a drake set @ 80-85s I would be very annoyed.

Given that most mail boxes deliver within 10 minutes or less and even almost instantly is 28 days necessary?

Should there be an option to manage your items once sent i.e withdraw the item at a cost say maybe equal to the cost to send the item?

This may have already been discussed, so apologies for being lazy and not searching the forums before posting...

+1 I've always dreaded this moment when making sales. I've always asked why is codding an item such a gamble and it feels like once you throw that item out it's all out of your control. There should be an option to cancel a cod early and pay the 1c yourself. At least let it become an option. 10 minutes after sending and item. 

• Like 1

This has been discussed many times before. Its kinda like the Elephant in the room for staff: they all know its there and its a problem, but no one dares to touch it. Something to do with how the mail system works. Would be nice if it tracked your mail and allowed you to interact with it once it sent.

• Like 1

+1 to being able to cancel after sending for CoD cost. 

I had made the mistake of sending 20 something rares to the wrong name. Only took a

couple weeks though to return, 14 days iirc, not 28?

• Like 1

Only took a

couple weeks though to return, 14 days iirc, not 28?

Might be getting that confused with expiry time on collecting mail

Edited by Middi
Add quotation

+1

I've fallen for the bulk-rare buyers (who aren't active and didn't update their thread). Money/items were locked for half a month.

• Like 1

+1

The mail system really needs an overhaul to make it more transparent. But since this has been so glaringly obvious for so long, I'd have to assume that blind mailing is either a design feature (mysterious mailbox spirits, etc.) or very difficult to fix, as Angelklaine says.

Both mail system and merchants needs overhaul so we can keep better track of our transactions. I hope something will come up from new UI maybe?

+1 bump, beyond stupid Im stick twiddling my thumbs waiting for a buyer to accept it or for it to return.

Edited by MrJonnyboy

Make the expiry time selectable when sending the item(s)?

3 days, 7 days, 28 days.

• Like 5