Sign in to follow this  
Ajala

Hunting Lava Fiends!

I have a personal goal to kill 100 Lava Fiends.

I've been in Wurm somewhere between three and five years, and I've never even seen one lava fiend. Not one, ever. Not ever.

The Wiki (all praise its faultlessness) tells me they spawn underground.

Do YOU know where I can find some? Do you know of some abandoned caves on Xan where they might be found?

If so, let me know. 

I will give you a SPECIAL REWARD for information leading me to breaking my duck!

I am guessing you live somewhere southish on xanadu. hop into caves on other servers and north Xanadu and you'll find them,

last week i killed at least 5 or 6 lavafiends in 1 cave at xanadu..and yes north...

Go roam arround in the north and check all caves...u will catch some...but 100 will take a while ofc

Edited by sandokhan

Along Ageless Lake is a highway including a tunnel starting from Windspears where I've encountered the occasional Lavafiend. It might be worth it to look over there.

And perhaps it's an option to load up a wagon with a "survival kit" (read, small crate with cotton, tent, frying pan, oven?, crate with basic veggies) and do a roadtrip around Xan? With the current highway system it's a lot easier to get home and you might encounter caves that haven't seen the presence of a player for some time. Which make them nice spawning points for Lavafiends.

You can do the same with a boat; travel to a certain point on the map, disembark and head inland for a bit to explore for caves if you don't want to be in a wagon all day. ;) 

No matter what you do, I'll keep an eye out for them fiends and let you know where to find it. And I'll try not to kill it first. :D 

Thorin :) 

On ‎8‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:09 PM, Ajala said:

I've been in Wurm somewhere between three and five years, and I've never even seen one lava fiend. Not one, ever. Not ever.

The Wiki (all praise its faultlessness) tells me they spawn underground.

How fortunate you are to have avoided their burning talons all these years. I always have a few spawning within  the perimeter of my mine that occasionally I must dispose of if they decide to stick their snouts into my business. Yet to kill 1,000 of them is a monumental task that requires a lot of searching of various mines over months I would imagine. Best of luck to you on this trial of patience and dedication. From time to time I also see them wandering the landscape outside of mines, usually on rocky mountain sides.

=Ayes=

19 hours ago, Ayes said:

How fortunate you are to have avoided their burning talons all these years. I always have a few spawning within  the perimeter of my mine that occasionally I must dispose of if they decide to stick their snouts into my business. Yet to kill 1,000 of them is a monumental task that requires a lot of searching of various mines over months I would imagine. Best of luck to you on this trial of patience and dedication. From time to time I also see them wandering the landscape outside of mines, usually on rocky mountain sides.

=Ayes=

It's only 100, not 1000, but I still think that presents a challenge that will keep me busy for months.

Hehe I got this one too def gonna take a while gonna try my luck to find a lava fiend mound or whatever they have and camp it till I reach 100. 

13 hours ago, Loink said:

to find a lava fiend mound

No lairs for these guys. They spawn on rock and lava tiles.

On 8/25/2018 at 2:22 PM, Thorinoakshield said:

Along Ageless Lake is a highway including a tunnel starting from Windspears where I've encountered the occasional Lavafiend. It might be worth it to look over there.

My (by now rather vast) mining cave also spawns the odd lava fiend. There's one in there right now (I went around it for now.) and it won't be the last, either. I don't think you'll find that "one motherload" that'll absolve you of that goal though, but I can notify you if I have more spawns if you care to visit here from time to time.

Edit: Reveal creatures says there's 3 in local range, so the journey might be worth it.

Edited by Flubb