Sign in to follow this  
Batta

Rare wood types

GMs are able to create items with rare wood types like lavenderwood, camellia, thorn, etc.  These can also be found in treasure chests from the Treasure Chest mod.

It would be great if there was a way for regular players to gather these woods for themselves. I could see maybe making the result be half of the tiny bit you get from fruit trees, so we'd have to gather a lot to make even one good log. It would keep them rare enough, but make them worth working for.

• Like 2

Or perhaps the ability to make a low/mid quality plywood by combining wood scraps. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trake said:

Or perhaps the ability to make a low/mid quality plywood by combining wood scraps. 

I think this would involve much more, though, since plywood doesn't currently exist in the game. I'm just looking for regular players to be able to use something that does already exist for GMs.  A GM can create a lavenderwood or rosewood log, for example, which can then be used like any other log.

Yeah, I just mean, combining woodscraps from the plants might circumvent the issue where those types of wood cannot realistically be gathered in log-quantity. You would need to make a mixture of many parts of it. 

Seems like the bushes could drop small woodscraps, if you gather enough of them, you can combine them into a plank or shaft for use. 

12 hours ago, Trake said:

Yeah, I just mean, combining woodscraps from the plants might circumvent the issue where those types of wood cannot realistically be gathered in log-quantity. You would need to make a mixture of many parts of it. 

Seems like the bushes could drop small woodscraps, if you gather enough of them, you can combine them into a plank or shaft for use. 

I would prefer if we could combine smaller bits into full-sized logs, though, as some things are built directly from a log, not a plank or shaft.

• Like 1