Sign in to follow this  
Ayes

Return Leveling to Both Sides Per Action

I am editing this post due to the fact that MrGary pointed out that leveling *up* does raise both far corners; however, leveling *down* only lowers one corner and this is the point I am making that needs to be returned to both far corners being *lowered* with the leveling action. I have amended this post to refer to *lowering* with the leveling action. Sorry for the mistake.

Several years ago when the Leveling action was first introduced into the game each action timer would *lower* both far corners at each side of the tile. Shortly thereafter it was "adjusted" so that just one corner was *lowered* per timer action and the action timer was set at 5.0 seconds. This current leveling system is way too slow, making leveling areas very tedious (boring) and unnecessarily time consuming. My suggestion is that it be returned to the original way it was introduced into the game before this nerfing to its current state. Back then even the action timer was shorter as well but I think that if both side corners are *lowered* at once that 5.0 seconds would then be fine for the timer. Just another small non-drastic step to make the game less of a trial of patience for this necessary task.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes
Explained above
  • Like 3

While we are discussing terraforming, can we do something about surface mining?  It really shouldn't be this tedious.

2 hours ago, Demonix said:

While we are discussing terraforming, can we do something about surface mining?  It really shouldn't be this tedious.

Yes, it should.  You can't drop rock shards to raise the rock layer in order to fix it.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Wargasm said:

Yes, it should.  You can't drop rock shards to raise the rock layer in order to fix it.

It's rather about leveling down surface like we can do in mines.

yeah would be nice to make it a little easier to surface mine.

Wasnt surface mining already made much easier.than what it was before? I agree with Wargasm it shouldnt be just as easy as digging or mining in caves. People would devastate the landscape with dumb holes and destroyed rock layers and then abandon them, and the next guy over will be left with no way to fix it back up.

Surface mining is perfect as it is. If you have a vast area to surface mine, just mag mine like any other sensible person would.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

People would devastate the landscape with dumb holes and destroyed rock layers and then abandon them, and the next guy over will be left with no way to fix it back up.

a hole caused by surface mining does not have to be fixed with concrete... You can just put dirt in it. I'm sure you know this and you are just over exaggerating. also dirt and concrete is infinite. I really just don't know what you are saying.

+1 to OP

surface mining, despite being a pain in the butt, seems okay to me. 

• Like 1

Surface mining seems to belong to its own topic.

The level both sides was only on levelling up, right?

I have not done this in a while so was unaware of any changes.

+1 to keep this.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Yiraia said:

a hole caused by surface mining does not have to be fixed with concrete... You can just put dirt in it. I'm sure you know this and you are just over exaggerating. also dirt and concrete is infinite. I really just don't know what you are saying.

If you want a usable mine, concrete is the only way to fix rock, and unlike dirt where you can flat raise it as high as 300 slope, concrete is limited by 40 slope max.

I don't see the need to go back to the old way of leveling, as you would essentially be cutting the possible ticks for digging by half, if you want to level faster use a high ql woa shovel.

• Like 1

+1 to the OP suggestion.

Start another thread for mining maybe?

• Like 1

Levelling is not really for those that are grinding, you get way less skill than on digging.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cecci said:

Levelling is not really for those that are grinding, you get way less skill than on digging.

Maybe, but this has pushed my digging over 98, I would rather be doing something useful to grind my skill than digging 100k of tar.

11 hours ago, Yiraia said:

You dont fix a rock layer by dropping dirt on it. You only fix the slope, but the rock layer is gone and once its past 40 slope there is no going back to what it was before, unless you are ready to drop a couple gold in concrete.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Maybe, but this has pushed my digging over 98, I would rather be doing something useful to grind my skill than digging 100k of tar.

You could dig clay.

13 minutes ago, Cecci said:

You could dig clay.

Sure do, but I don't need 100k clay either.

13 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

if you want to level faster use a high ql woa shovel.

but leveling is the same 5 second per action regardless of shovel ql, enchants, and skill

also I think the op is confused as they mention both raising and lowering?  raising with leveling has always for me raised all lower corners of the tile at once, but lowering with leveling reduces only one corner at a time

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wargasm said:

Sure you do, make trans liquid, grind that nat subs

It is useful, unlike making thousands of healing covers.

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 12:58 AM, Cecci said:

Surface mining seems to belong to its own topic.

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 1:14 AM, Wurmhole said:

Start another thread for mining maybe?

*agrees*

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 2:21 PM, MrGARY said:

also I think the op is confused as they mention both raising and lowering?  raising with leveling has always for me raised all lower corners of the tile at once, but lowering with leveling reduces only one corner at a time

Yes, I sort of forgot if using leveling *raised* both corners at once because I was thinking this was only on WU moded servers as I have not used leveling to raise areas in WO for quite some time. I do remember at first using leveling to *lower* lowered both corners and thus was a lot faster, so that would be the focus of my suggestion then. You are also right about WoA having no effect on reducing the level action timer, so that would be another seemingly reasonable effect to be added.

I edited the OP to correct my mistake, so thanks for pointing that out.

=Ayes=

Edited by Ayes

On 8/24/2018 at 4:18 AM, Angelklaine said:

mag mine

What do you mean by this?

1 hour ago, cccdfern said:

What do you mean by this?

Hit me up on Discord, I'll explain. I don't think anyone in this thread cares.

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Hit me up on Discord, I'll explain. I don't think anyone in this thread cares

Mag or Nahjo

• Like 1