Sign in to follow this  
CrazyDad543

Map making skill

Wouldn't it be awesome to have map making skills, where you could accurately create your own maps that you would update as you passed by the local area? No more waiting for people to update the online/forum maps, and having it accurate, AND strongly encouraging exploration would be exactly what wurm needs. 

Maybe make it so that the more skill you have the larger the local section of map you'd fill in and maybe make the map, creation faster with higher skills. 3d maps would be amaze balls but I'm sure 2d maps will do. 

Edited by CrazyDad543
Accuracy

You don't need an ingame skill for this.  All you need is a map dump from the forum and paint or a snipping tool.

• Like 1

Well I was also thinking that a high enough skill, say.. 60 or so, you could see your current location on the map you made also. 

• Like 1

I wouldn't mind a map making skill, but you would need a new map or something each time something big changes, or a deed disappears. It would odd if the map you make magically adjust to those changes.

1 hour ago, CrazyDad543 said:

Well I was also thinking that a high enough skill, say.. 60 or so, you could see your current location on the map you made also. 

-1 to this 

4 hours ago, Quostin said:

I wouldn't mind a map making skill, but you would need a new map or something each time something big changes, or a deed disappears. It would odd if the map you make magically adjust to those changes.

The map you originally made would not change until you revisited that area and would update only then. 

Also this would be another source of commerce, as the maps could be sold. 

If it something like minecraft maps but be more... accurate would be nice. You basically have you be there to draw it, not in a certain area. Being shown on the map is meh. I can agree with the map being bigger the higher your skill is, but not showing yourself or others on it.