Sign in to follow this  
Quostin

New Server / Islands / Region?

I would prefer more people taking up shovels to renaturalize currently terraformed lands rather than opening a new server.  having current lands look nice smooth and natural once again I would think would beat out a new server any day. We don't have enough player base as it is to a new server.

• Like 1

With this pop. can't see it happening. Maybe it two servers merged.But, dont think that will happen. Nor will everyone want a merge.

As for islands, you could get a wand make your own. Or dump a ton of dirt in one spot ?

How old are the abandoned deeds exactly? If they have had no activity for years couldnt they be purged?

1 hour ago, CountZero said:

How old are the abandoned deeds exactly? If they have had no activity for years couldnt they be purged?

Take a shovel and purge whatever you want if abandoned ;) It's a sandbox

TBH would be cool if we could vote on one server to just be removed entirely.

Edited by FranktheTank

I used to plant huge forests on abandoned land areas but with Rifts destroying many 1,000's of trees that I planted I gave up on that. Now I only keep trees planted around my deed perimeters, which Rifts don't encroach upon.

=Ayes=

19 hours ago, kochinac said:

Take a shovel and purge whatever you want if abandoned ;) It's a sandbox

cant people leave tons of cash in the deed so they stay alive for years even tho no ones using them?

7 minutes ago, CountZero said:

cant people leave tons of cash in the deed so they stay alive for years even tho no ones using them?

So what? What would you do? Purged something that someone payed for? People pay cash in their deed for the same reason you stated

Everyone speaks from their own opinion and doesn't seem to try to listen to the people who aren't playing or who used to play. I am trying to do that now.

New lands are exciting. Seeing lands someone already terraformed to hell and back is not. Plus, there are ghost towns still out there that take forever to decay, if the years worth of silver has drained off yet. Those are just simple facts. Every new server release brought a rush of players. Exploring the wilderness where it looks like no one has ever been is appealing to a lot of players, even the grisly vets. 

That said, there is already too many server with a population spread too thin.

These two things combined are the fundamental problems with WO.

There is nothing wrong with a new player wanting something that hasn't been touched before. Nor is it wrong for them wanting coastal lands since server travel is done by boat. Most vets also want this. Saying "oh well" is not addressing the root issue. Nor is saying "go make your own map in WU. 

If it were suddenly announced certain servers were being shut down, meant as a cost of opening a new server or servers, there would be people returning to see. Of course this would be met with outrage from people who have been in place for years. At the very least there would have to be some sort of a buyback/silver program, and maybe even a headstart on the new server(s) before the scale is balanced. The point is, however it would be done, new maps mean new/returning players.

I think that is the point that is trying to be made. I can't say I totally disagree, but I'm not a normal player. I move around a lot. I know if there were fresh lands, I would play a lot more than I am now. The excitement would be back for me. 

There is no easy way to "fix" Wurm, but doing "nothing" in regards to this issue has not worked out the last few years, so on that front I have to disagree with those of you who are instantly -1 because you approach the issue in terms of "keeping" versus "bringing them back/luring them in."

On 8/21/2018 at 9:45 PM, nicedreams said:

-1 to new home server

Maybe a challenge server for PvE would be cool.  Something to explore and hunt that gets reset every year or two the same size as Xan.  Has some hunting missions or really hard missions.

The actual Challenge servers - which I think ran twice - were a lot of fun. I'd love to see them back.