Sign in to follow this  
Xor

Keep container windows open regardless of distance.

It’s so annoying getting all my windows setup for crafting or for construction and then having to go run off for a minute or two to come right back and then reopen them all again. 

Like when someone wants to buy an item I have to run over to mail it, or to run and do a mediation, or grab that extra small nails I forgot to pull out of my storage lol

not sure if this would cause possible exploits? But I’d love to see the windows stay open until I closed them myself 

or better yet, make it optional in the client

Not a real QoL issue. If your not near a chest why should you be able to see whats inside it?

47 minutes ago, Mirrormatch said:

Not a real QoL issue. If your not near a chest why should you be able to see whats inside it?

I assume a feature like this would keep the window open but either hide the contents or not update them if you are too far away

It's a very nice QoL feature that i'd love to see in the game

I’m not saying allow opening of items from great distances, just leaving their windows open on screen until I close them. (I’m also not asking they be accessible from a greater distance than they already are either)

It isn’t a common issue for some sure, but I think everyone can relate to having many windows open on screen only to have to walk away for a moment and come back, reopen them all again. 

+1 to this in some form and with the option to switch off and on. Although sometimes I like just being able to walk away to clear my screen, auto-closing windows can also be a major nuisance – not so much reopening the windows (which can be done quickly with a keybind, and they already reappear in the same size and position anyway), but having to reopen the collapsed contents of every container and get items back into whatever sorting order I last had them in.

Ideally, the windows could remain while contents are hidden just as you step out of range and then reappear when you come back into range (incidentally, synching the view and take distances this way would also save us wasting time trying to grab stuff only to get hit with [07:54:14] You are too far away to do that). Another possibility might be to leave things more or less as is but provide a slider in settings that lets you set the exact distance at which you want windows to auto-close, obviously up to a reasonable maximum to prevent abuse.