Sign in to follow this  
masterqgj

Black/White textures running Wurm in a VMWare Machine

Hello,

i know that this setup is rather strange and most likely not supportet at all, but i want to try it at least. I'm using a VMWare virtual Machine with Windows 7 to run Wurm Online. That is due to technical limitations. I need to connect to a Windows Server 2012 machine via Remote Desktop and since this does not allow Open GL, i have setup the VMWare on the server to get it running.

The issue is, that the game does not load any  textures at all and the FPS are at like 5 or so. Most textures are black, some are white (for e.g. Characters and the sky). If i look into the sky the fps goes up, but as soon as i see an item like a wall, floor, paving or so, it drops again.

Does anyone know a possible way to get rid of this option? The Main issue is, neither the server nor the VM do have a dedicated graphics card. The host has an I7 with integrated intel and the VMware uses its own virtual graphics driver. While the Server is updated to the newest version, the VMWare does not have any updates or so at all.

I fear that i cannot use the game in this constellation at all - but maybe there is some trick?

Oh darn - i'm very sorry but i posted this in the wrong board. Actually i am trying to get "Wurm Online" running on my machine, not Wurm Unlimited. My bad. If someome could move the thread over to technical issues in Wurm Online please?

I'm ashamed already :(