Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

What has made you hate Wurm?

3 hours ago, Niki said:

New chickens added but no housing for them, omg I hate Wurm right now! ?

I seen "chicken coup" in the update files. Perhaps they're getting ready to release one ;)

Edited by kronic
  • Like 1

Ok well I don't hate wurm but I do hate this one very very very stupid mechanic, and that is the fact that traders in starter towns aren't working as they should. 

I spent 37 minutes a few days ago trying to get to trade items for items. I was looking at a specific item in the trader and refused to offer items and cash, I was only looking at offering items and in the end, I could not achieve this. I either had to pay in a few coppers or the trader didn't have money to pay the difference. 

I would suggest this, when trading items for items, why not add an option to tell the trader to still accept items if it's of a higher value? Almost like a "Keep the change" mechanic.

Edited by Yldrania
Moderation Edit
  • Like 2

1) You hit a rock.

2) Trees Spreading out like rabbits

3) As time's go on, and I'm reaching own goals one by one- lack of pusrpose at all, what's also related with low playerbase and not existing economy.

"you have a moment of inspiration" *swirl magics and pops startling the ###### out of me* and then I might not even get a rare! ....<----i hate that, I think it would be far better to only have it do the "event" of a rare when you actually get something....like fireworks to celebrate it and make you aware of it happened, not making me feel like I just lost a great opportunity for something awesome I then only get when mining digging or farming...>.>

• Like 4

fantastic role, 1 in 10,000 of a chance on a successful action

so lame

• Like 4

21 hours ago, kronic said:

I seen "chicken coup" in the update files. Perhaps they're getting ready to release one ;)

pusheen_love.png

• Like 1

i dont say i hate, but dislike some features in the game.

1st, this is not EvE, stop buying skills (accounts) mass producing crap just to cash out once u made your 200-500% profit. yes we all would like free money from a game to pay for dinner, a movie, date night, bills, or even another hobby... i had my fun in calypso then realized its a game, not a investment with small outcomes. why would you not want to help a game by buying subs and silver on the shop page. its annoying to hear some say they got this account or stayed home all month to grind a skill and can now pay for there sub, priest sub, alt sub, there deeds and have some left over to pay for there cell phone bill....... speaking of, why can people buy and sell silver for 1 euro but the website says it 1.3-5 euro. i want to support the game and buy silver at a reasonable price off the shop, not support someones pocket.

2nd, during warm weather days i play for maby a hour if i even get to play due to work meaning over the years i am still considered a noob, if i want to pay for my deed, do i spend 2 weeks making crates and 5k bricks or enjoy the game and the grind. soo new players going wow, a whole universe based on all players. maby i will build some things and hope to sell it, so they get bored of the repetitive newbie grind for silver rather than build and explore and enjoy the land. when they ask for some help they are told to buy this and that if they choose to be faster and to sell items that are already under priced and overstocked the market. its hard to have a players market when the 5-10 year accounts keep switching hands to keep the market flooded with skillers and high end items. least when a new player comes sailing past i usally offer some basic things. might not have casts on it but still.

3rd, wagoneers, i can see it being good for xan but other than that no... what happened to preparing your cargo, getting the maps out, reading the wind and heading out to see the terrain along with other players and there projects. the "plot course" is nice tho, going from pri to exo without planning a whole days voyage is nice.

4th, and final... fighting... [combat flashed]....w.... ..left... ..... w..... w......head...... a.......center... Aged spider is dead, r.i.p.

that was a awesome battle, i like how you just stood there and stared at it making sure you was within range... least runescape i can select attacks and interact with fighting. {{edit}} goes along with i must be 70 fighting to do any event... took me 2 years to due {{edit}}

i still love this game and will probly play till server shutdown but still... the community is pretty good except for some of the elitist who think its there job to do everything like missions, slay private dragons, and keep market stocked) the impalongs and micro games i really enjoy. nothing that i encountered had a player-base like this one let alone this kind of sandbox feal. i will probly take week breaks from time to time but i can never let this game go, its awsome.

Edited by ZeldaGold
  • Like 3

The fastest way to burn out in WO is to try to make premium by selling stuff rather than just paying some cash.  Especially for new players.  2 months premium (€16) gives you 2 sleep powders, which can be sold for around 2s.  That's just about enough to run a small deed for those 2 months.  Coupled with the odd rare coin (foraging, killing stuff, etc) and occasional windfall (attend a rare slaying, sell blood/scale), you should be able to fund your basic requirements in-game without having to buy silver or grind stuff you don't want to.  Once your skills improve, and you have a better idea of what you enjoy doing more, you can sell the odd item or service to add to your cash flow, allowing for bigger deeds, etc.  Sometimes you'll manage a major windfall, and be able to pay a month or 2 premium as a bonus, or buy something expensive.

Alternately, if you want everything end-game right now, you can sink a load of cash in on day 1 and go from there.  Nobody is forced to do that, but you have the option.  Personally, I love that I can let my premium lapse for a break, and my character is ready and waiting to be reactivated when I want to come back.  My deeds have always been fairly small, so keeping upkeep around 6 months or so is easy, and ensures I'll have a home to come back to as well.  Different on pvp, of course, but pvp has other issues.

• Like 2

No hate, just minor dislike.

Having popular and perfectly sane requests by players being ignored without reasonable explanations. Not big changes, but small fixes and improvements.

Examples?

Get Info in the Nature submenu

Beehive green spam toggle

The letter K on game map

More frequent map dumps

Change gate opening direction

Appearance change (mirrors)

Snuffed lanterns decay in inventory

Mayor of a deed able to "insta-pop" any house

Woad planters

Yes, for some of these we're given kind of excuses.

Month after month, even year after year, we wait for some small improvement or fix that "will get done with this-and-this BIG UPDATE". An update which, for what we know, may not even be half way done on drawing boards.

UI overhaul will bring new menu! Mirrors and much more available in web shop!

Don't get me wrong, I love those big updates! I do notice the small things that get fixed with almost every client update as well.

It just annoys that a black coROOSTER pops up out of no where and a couple of pixels on map border go "Oh bollochs!"

• Like 2

the bulls##t fishing update before the goals limit time

Edited by tamat
edited ###### to make it family friendly
  • Like 3

Not having a message that states you will make a mine entrance when to close to rock/cliff while inside a mine ? i want to stop destroying my mountain already

• Like 1

I hated when they made hell horses unhitch when they age. 

• Like 4

The fishing update. Combined with the alleged weather/clothing update.

I think I prefer the old Wurm with the bugs. Yes, it had bugs, but it was fun.

Now, it killed the old bugs, got new ones, but the fun is fading away. It's becoming a tedious chore, not a fun semi-AFK game I started playing so many years ago.

• Like 4

The vehicle litter eyesore that sits there for 1, 2... 5... years, yet can't be removed, general off-deed low-decay nonsense, the stale economy... 10 years is a long time with no reasonable sinks what-so-ever in the game to balance things out - To that point, I have several surplus high end chars I want to delete; Delete button please?

• Like 2

Freedom. Independence was fun when it was released, and I did enjoy it for a long time, but when people dropped a deed just outside my deed so I couldn't mine anymore.. well, I've never looked back.

4 hours ago, Drathania said:

...several surplus high end chars I want to delete; Delete button please?...

+1 to DELETE button.

In your case, why not sell?

- not being able to just bash unwanted boat/vehicle, owned by ME, on MY deed

- that I need to move carefully on each turn after corner of the mine/building/fence or any doors while leading horse, so it won't stop or stuck on worst case

- horse disappearing when riding into mine wall

- that mine doors are free to pass from inside

- that I need presence of Magranon to spawn lava

- correcting course of horse/vehicle after each dozen of tiles to not get out of the road

- buggy bridges that I run under, when trying to ride on a bridge with high speed, in certain places (riding on bridges on my deed is almost impossible on daily basis)

- that I need to remove building, collapse a tile and another one, then mine both back to just correct a ceiling in mine (lowering it)

- that hellhorses still attack me through the floors

- did I mentioned buggy bridges?

- bugged Valrei map and system at whole

- that I just cannot right click and merge items like woodscraps or cotton

- that I need to tame horse to change/repair it's gear

- that I cannot take things from container altough I can see what's inside AND can put stuff in

- that my wagon below, stick out through my floor

Oh, and I hate bushes, all are ugly and spread everywhere.

Edited by Wilczan
  • Like 4

Drumrolls on a fail are annoying, especially on that statue fragment that could get you a handful of silver.... but the worst... the absolute worst drumroll ever....drumrolls on a sow.. SERIOUSLY, that's just a kick in the nuts, like yeah man, you could get something nice but hey you are sowing your fields so here is the drumroll, and have fun with that... so many of those drumrolls waisted.

#sigh

3 hours ago, SethDark said:

Drumrolls on a fail are annoying, especially on that statue fragment that could get you a handful of silver.... but the worst... the absolute worst drumroll ever....drumrolls on a sow.. SERIOUSLY, that's just a kick in the nuts, like yeah man, you could get something nice but hey you are sowing your fields so here is the drumroll, and have fun with that... so many of those drumrolls waisted.

#sigh

Try getting one on a pray.

I think I posted in here but to be really honest, what this game really suffers from is punishing you for not playing.  If you own a deed and don't login, the upkeep could've ran out and deed disbanded.  If you own animals, their enchanted grass/food could've ran out and they died.  Your items probably decayed or got stolen by the sleepless frothing nerd building fences around your deed checking nonstop so they can make a quick buck or ten.

I've rarely been logging in lately since other things are more fun, but the rarely logging in is to make sure the pixel pets on freedom have the food they need to not die.  The draw to logging in is seriously to make sure animals don't die and deeds don't fall and items don't decay.  This is why people that take long breaks or quit stay gone

• Like 8