Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

What has made you hate Wurm?

When you think, ooo I need some ash and turns out you have to snuff it first.

[22:02:13] Ouch! Maybe you shouldn't do that while the forge is lit.

Seriously, its a forge operating at high temperature, I am thinking if I can handle molten metals I should be able to scoop out some ash at the same time.

You also couldnt get ash before while now you can. I think the extra log it may take you to relight it. Lol

that the receive mail and return mail tick boxes are right next to each other , makes it easy to return stuff by mistake, . And there is no way to rectify that mistake.

Edited by Rhianna
  • Like 4

I also hate how this game has no honey buns. All this honey and no honey buns... it's extremely savage.

On 9/1/2018 at 3:41 PM, Amadee said:

the loooooong a$$ time it takes to go anywhere or do anything.  lol.  Yeah I know, we should all be used to it, and yet it still annoys me no end.  Honestly, when I log into wo after playing wu, I feel half blind (no mini map), half crippled (no teleporters or recall runes), and sluggish with every little thing taking forever, it seems. If someone needs help with something, large or small (they're being eaten by something, or they want me to see what they just did to their house & want opinions), I can't just run over to help. I'd have to plan a half-day adventure just to get there & back and by then it would probably be too late, if they were being eaten lol,  so why bother. .

for me this is one of the biggest draws of wurm and one of its unique selling points - I like the fact that it feels like a big wilderness, that if i want to travel a long distance I have to plan it, and if its into the wild i have to prep a proper expedition with a wagon of supplies etc - its awesome. Being able to just teleport everywhere wrecks all immersion and fun for me. If i have friends I want to play with, ill go an live near them or just arrange the odd meet up - which is a fun thing in itself as meeting up for special events like imp along or something actually becomes a big event - event the travel there as you pick ppl up along the way etc and adds a build up to the event itself  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, CountZero said:

for me this is one of the biggest draws of wurm and one of its unique selling points - I like the fact that it feels like a big wilderness, that if i want to travel a long distance I have to plan it, and if its into the wild i have to prep a proper expedition with a wagon of supplies etc - its awesome. Being able to just teleport everywhere wrecks all immersion and fun for me. If i have friends I want to play with, ill go an live near them or just arrange the odd meet up - which is a fun thing in itself as meeting up for special events like imp along or something actually becomes a big event - event the travel there as you pick ppl up along the way etc and adds a build up to the event itself  

If and even I know that is one of the biggest if's out there,  they do bring about teleports.  If that isn't something you wish to do, then by all means please use the boats or horseback or whatever you wish to use.  There are so many things that are not forced on anyone but folks think it will affect their immersion.  I don't like long travels and would love to be able to quickly go somewhere for a hunt or whatever strikes my fancy.  With only so many hours in a day, you kind of have to decide if that time will be used making a long trip somewhere or just staying close to home.

• Like 1

Have a portal system like Ultima Online has , you first need to get to the place to mark a ruin to cast portal on or gate as they call it in UO .

Let it be a priest cast only or imbue gems with power that anyone can use , store the ruins in a book and cast from there ..

Make gems worth it again , higher QL ones ...

Any priest type , do not limit it to one or two deity .

asking for something in wurm & getting only 1 reply makes cringe everytime i think i like wurm or consider recommending wurm!!

i have a waystone offdeed in front of my village & it's lit up green but doesn't show any connection to next waystone & chat help is giving no response for help

6 minutes ago, Seraph said:

i have a waystone offdeed in front of my village & it's lit up green but doesn't show any connection to next waystone & chat help is giving no response for help

If it's connected to no catseye at all log a support ticket. Also if you don't get an answer to something in CA help there's the community assistance section on the forums you can provide screenshots for and everything too

6 minutes ago, KyleBooze said:

oh also, too many deities... keep it simple

Fo is best god

• Like 2

Things I hate:

The smelting pot nerf.  Used to be, you could use imping as a way to generate high ql metal (as an alternate to mining or metallurgy grind) - it wasn't really any more efficient, just alternate.  Not anymore - smelting pots now are only useful for making junk items easier to store in a BSB. 

The way imping with lumps is now loads more common than it used to be.  Seriously, you think you're fixing an imbalance, but what you're really doing is making the game less fun to play (because who doesn't love Chores Online?).

27 minutes ago, Wonka said:

The smelting pot nerf.  Used to be, you could use imping as a way to generate high ql metal (as an alternate to mining or metallurgy grind) - it wasn't really any more efficient, just alternate.  Not anymore - smelting pots now are only useful for making junk items easier to store in a BSB. 

the ql reduction is being removed, it just hasnt come in the last update 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wonka said:

Things I hate:

The way imping with lumps is now loads more common than it used to be.  Seriously, you think you're fixing an imbalance, but what you're really doing is making the game less fun to play (because who doesn't love Chores Online?).

WO is 1 of the most ironic "games" ik. I am constantly questioning if it is a "game". The grinds are insane & i realise crafting grinds is not the only thing ppl do in this game but damn..really..? WO isn't a normal "game" is what draws me in over & over. I struggle desparately with not asking the devs to cater for the investors in us but I'd be more hooked if there was a bit more bling & brag to the game coz it's pretty lonely in my part of Xanadu..I see it coming in..I do..so I don't want to say devs are doing nothing. I suppose i'm having a mid-wurm crisis asking myself if this is what i want to do with my life..lol..with the amount of time WO requires you can actually validly ask that question ..I bought a Ferrari Wagon & named it "The Big Red Wiggly Car"

Edited by Seraph
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Seraph said:

asking for something in wurm & getting only 1 reply makes cringe everytime i think i like wurm or consider recommending wurm!!

take a catseye and replace the waystone with it, you will see an option for that, then take the waystone and replace the catseye, that should fix it, if it does not work you may need to get a new waystone

@Seraph

Edited by JakeRivers

13 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

take a catseye and replace the waystone with it, you will see an option for that, then take the waystone and replace the catseye, that should fix it, if it does not work you may need to get a new waystone

@Seraph

If the deed in other end have not ticked appear in search, then waystone sign will only show a question mark.

ah yeah, you can't just connect or try to someone elses village if they have the highway permissions turned off, try connecting to an existing highway network if possible, from what you said initially I thought it was not listing any places on the waystone, which can happen

Edited by JakeRivers

I hate how low are your options for everything. if you want to kill a dragon nothing but a huge axe will deal damage. If you want to go to PVP nothing but a plate armor and shield will do. There are few armor options and they all suck compared to plate. Everything out of "meta" is infeasible.

Also im almost quitting wurm because the subscription is too damn expensive in Brazil. As for everyone who lives in a coutnry with a devalued currency in relation to euro. I pay around 54 reais, too much. At least they could've made something like runescape, where subscription is cheaper for us.

Edited by Agorafilia

I hate the " fatigue " system. 

edit: inb4  your health is our concern , it's anti botting. 

yeah well remove fatigue off me and my two toons and " try and catch me botting plz " 

Edited by Snarkin

3 hours ago, Agorafilia said:

I hate how low are your options for everything. if you want to kill a dragon nothing but a huge axe will deal damage. If you want to go to PVP nothing but a plate armor and shield will do. There are few armor options and they all suck compared to plate. Everything out of "meta" is infeasible.

Armor balance was just changed. Other options are more feasible now. And in PvP, there's also been drake and scale. We also have options for metal type now.

ah, another one... too much magic variations: Meditation, Tomes, Priests, Karma...

• Like 2

I pondered about this a lot and I must say thing I hate most about Wurm is enchantment system most how random it is and how you can not expect result according to your skill with greater certainty. For example I 90 skill carpenter can always guarantee that in certain time using certain amount of resources will imp mallet to 90ql, even more if he try really hard to the point where it's pointless to push further. 80skill enchanter as well as 90 skill one cannot guarantee wheter they will cast 100 power spell or 90 power, how much favour they will burn, and even if they will break item no matter how high his skill is on top of that...Coc is not working on statues, ql and rarity doesn't affect result, no runes for better result on statues too. It feels like playing slot machine mostly which is very annoying. I think that if enchanting would be brought more inline to crafting it would be much more enjoyable

• Like 4

Oh, also people who post wts in trade chanel and log of minute after that, seriously wtf :D

On 9/4/2018 at 11:50 AM, Retrograde said:

Fo is best god

Finally he gets the recognition he deserves.

A lot of great memories from WO, and having a great time in WU, so can't say I hate Wurm by any stretch.  It's taken a rightful position in my mind with games like Jumpgate, SWG, early WoW... gaming experiences that were just that awesome in their time.

Nature of the beast that things will change though.

I stopped logging in to WO because the neon green from the catseyes is just completely immersion breaking for me.  It's not something that I can choose not to participate in or use.  It's everywhere and simply can't be avoided.

Luckily for me, there are servers in WU that somehow have managed to avoid the implementation of catseyes, and that works very well for me.

Unless a more muted, less obtrusive color is someday chosen, one more stylistically representative of my overall vision of Wurm, I simply can't play WO.

I really can't express how thankful I am that Rolf chose to release WU.  Gaming with my brother has been a highlight since playing Microsoft Olympic Decathlon a few decades ago.  Thanks to WU and the wonderful communities that have burgeoned thanks to generous admins who devote their money, energy and time, I can continue to enjoy that.

• Like 1