Sign in to follow this  
ChampagneDragon

What has made you hate Wurm?

I've played steady for over two years now. I've endured the grind on many skills that, while I didn't love them, were tedious. I've never hated Wurm... until this weekend.

One personal goal left. To be upfront, I almost didn't do my personal goals because I find fishing to be incredibly boring, and pointless. I can get good soul depth from farming and pottery (both 95+ skills). I don't need the fish, so why grind it. But I bit the bullet, made my wine, repaired 6250 fences, and psyched myself up for catching a big fish. I had  talked to several people who said I'd need to grind fishing up to 80 or so. I had sleep powders plus full sleep bonus ready. I had a good Lurker in the Deep pendulum. I had affinity meals. I got a rare fishing rod with 90coc and was  93ql. made lines that were 85ish ql. I was ready.

Around 75 skill I went and found my marlin spot. Pretty quickly I caught a 163kg marlin! This wasn't going to be too bad after all. Famous last words.

At 80 I had to have the pole reimped. 

At 85 I have to have the pole reimped.

And now I have started to HATE Wurm. But, with this being my last personal goal I'm feeling too stubborn to quit. But I hate every minute of it. 

What have you done that has made you dread logging in?

• Like 2

Removing harmless visual “bugs” that made me look like a Greek God.

1 minute ago, Damascus said:

Not hearing from Rolf in ages.  ☹️

He still loves you! 

27 minutes ago, Nicrolis said:

Keenan ;D

HE doesnt 

• Like 5

The same things that make me love it, the fog, the randomness of certain events.  The overall feeling that, yeah, I can relate to this, sounds about how things go.  And then you get a good run, make a special supreme or something and life is good again.

It will come, but you don't have to do it all in one shot, you can spread it out a bit you know.

• Like 1

Imping things and never having them pop rare. ?

I hate that, but not wurm overall.

Edited by Fearil

The stress dealing with conflicting personalities.. Grind sucks but its the game, the people usually make me hate certain times 

• Like 4

I hate how this game has no chicken coops.

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Niki said:

Niki wins, she made me laugh during this awful fishing marathon!

• Like 2

Nothing... absolutely nothing. 

I love wurm with all my heart.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Niki said:

?

• Like 5

The subscription increase...  but I don't hate Wurm over it.  It just burns me.  Otherwise,  that's it.  nothing else... ever....  Love Wurm.... Hate spending so much for it though.

When CD says things like:

[23:44:37] <Champagnedragon> [23:44:07] You realize that you have developed an affinity for butchering.

to go along with her others:
[23:47:34] <Champagnedragon> Body, mind, mind logic, soul, carpentry, digging, smithing, cooking, butchering, forestry, repairing, agg fighting, warhammer (given)

... and I'm sitting here with Body, Misc Items, and Mind affinity.  Yeah.  H8.

• Like 1

hitting the play button

i dont know why but ive been doing it for 8 years. this game doesnt even have orange soda

• Like 2

Why hate fishing? Isn't that like... the most AFK skill in the game? Throw a rod in the water and wait until the timer goes off and repeat... 0.o

I also don't hate the game. I just burnt myself out really bad and just never had the chance to come back to play again. Probably join back soon. I do still got some goals I want to get done.

Edited by Quostin

Where do I start?

The lack of bugfixes. Bugs that have existed for over 8 years are still in the game to this day, and with the addition of Sindusk to the team some are only just now starting to be looked at.

The general lack of care for PvP or endgame mechanics or making them work properly without being imbalanced.

The toxic mentalities and general degradation of the playerbase, PvP used to be an enjoyable experience where everyone just wanted to have fun or get a good fight in. Now it's turned into lootwars online, but looting is mostly impossible unless single-handedly involved in killing someone which rarely ever occurs if at all, because PvP fights are about numbers and no one engages in 1v1's period. Even if they know they have the upper hand.

The decline in population, which over many years is kind of to be expected, but there used to be twice the number of people actively playing. (I do not count alts of any kind)

Oh god and the personal goal bull####... Yeah guys lets give out the most valuable items currently in the game (The ones that break PvP apart quite literally at its seams) as rewards for completing tasks delegated entirely by RNG. Sounds like a great idea! /endsarcasm
Anyone remember the 90+QL Star Gem goal? As far as the game is concerned you couldn't actually complete that goal on purpose. The only thing you can do is hollow out entire mountains and hope that RNJesus favors you by giving you a next-to-impossible roll. Then they removed it. But does that make the whole thing any better? Not IMO.

I could go on for ages. The game used to be the only thing I ever wanted to play. Nowadays I try as hard as I can to find something else to hold my attention.

Edited by whereami
  • Like 7

To be honest? The biased nature of some of the staff. Although I love every one of them for providing the content and the game we all enjoy (I know they are all hard workers!) witnessing things I have had made me think about quiting many times. That's my only gripe with this game (that and the dumb way Ship Transporters operate. I had to drive one for about a thousand tiles and wanted to just jump off a cliff.)

• Like 5

I hate how PVE is so boring , easy and pointless, yet the majority of players choose it over PVP because they can't  possibly lose their 1 silver worth chainset

• Like 2

the uncertainty is killing me and has made me fairly upset with the game overall

major elements of the game were changed despite constant reassurance from devs/staff that these things would NEVER happen

map resets, transfers, items being removed after years of being told they were 'legacy items", epic armor changes to freedom (which is good btw, but still it was told it was NEVER going to happen) to name a few

it makes me wonder if my time invested into the game is worth anything at this point and I'm finding it hard to continue playing because I feel like we're headed into another transition time, where we're likely to see some changes to the structure of pvp servers and the outcome might not be an enjoyable experience for myself and those that I play with. Unfortunately, I'll never know up until a month prior to the changes happening because thats the way wurm works

I have a few personal skill goals that I'd like to reach that will be done soon and then I might just take a few months break to see where the game goes

• Like 3

I hate that there are no feeding troughs for the pigs.

Making it very hard to keep them alive at the farm.

• Like 5

People that pay to win...pvp

Edited by sandokhan
  • Like 6

Oh another one , how it takes 50 hits to brake poor rock same as utmost stone vein .....