Sign in to follow this  
Jaz

Let valrei creatures spawn again on PVP (or Epic only) servers

There is a void now on Epic servers, no eagles, no drake spirits, no gumps... that is sad and despite the threat I miss them.

I would like to see them spawn again. They  were a great additional spice to the servers.

• Like 1

+1 i wanna see them.on Chaos again, maby just make so not 20 spawn in a cluster. 

I don't play on Epic or Chaos... when did they get rid of them?

they still spawn on chaos, at least I know folks that have seen them even in the last few days

Aren't they the last of a nearly extinct group of species? I can no more bump into Sol demons, the ugly deathcrawlers and uttachas on Elevation and Serenity. Quite sad.

[00:40:44] You target a venerable eaglespirit.

Hopefully not the last one....

• Like 1

Are the 3 players on epic going to actually kill them or just let them build up again till they need to be removed?

• Like 1

did you see anyone on epic complaining to get them removed?

Yes I have.
Do you play on Epic? If you don't, why does it hurt you that valrei creatures live on Epic?
If you do, are you afraid of them?

The answer to Too Many Of Them should not be  None Of Them. Now it seems the toning down was too successful, a little adjustment may be needed to find a balance.

Edited by Jaz

They spawn as a result of completing a mission at a small chance, completing missions will increase the chances of them spawning 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Retrograde said:

They spawn as a result of completing a mission at a small chance, completing missions will increase the chances of them spawning 

+1

Increase the missions chance from small to medium chance?  Used to be a good way to try to get moon metals also.  Since armour changes it would be nice to have more options at moon metals again.

-1 to the long lines of drake spirits in water with champs though.

-1 to the gods spawning creatures on you while pvping in groups.

Edited by nicedreams
  • Like 2

To be honest, I wouldn't mind seeing them on PVE, provided their numbers were culled a bit. The only experience PVE has of them is when they spawned en-massé inside players deeds and went on a murderous rampage everywhere.

I killed two Avengers of Light (spawned for a mission that was reset) and an Eagle Spirit yesterday. Killed a Drakespirit that wandered into my village day before.  They are still on Afflication in sufficient numbers, if your bored I can tell you where to go to find them.  But they are not as numerous as they were prior to the changes. But, I run into them almost every time I venture forth to do missions particularly in the map border lands. And, for the most part, still worthless to kill. Spirits don't drop anything of value, ever.

SOL Demons are another matter.  Have not seen any of those in a long time.

Sol Demons are the most appealing models for me btw.

8 hours ago, nicedreams said:

-1 to the gods spawning creatures on you while pvping in groups.

this always makes for exciting pvp, I have seen it happen numerous times

The eaglespirit or nogump cluster spawns right on top of you used to be fun:-) and added an element of surprise to the game.

56 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

this always makes for exciting pvp, I have seen it happen numerous times

For someone that doesn't PvP has seen this numerous times?

These massive one way God spawns just make PvP stop in it's place and makes it one sided within an instant.  Go into an even battle 5v5 then a god spawn happens and pvp is done.

We got a Champ (might have been king) kill this way too.  Eva from Panda was trying to rescue someone that random teleported on accident.  We figured it out from massive locates and went looking for them.  We only won because of the god spawn drake spirits on both of them and we were a boat full of noobs at the time.  (I think I remembered this correctly.)

I like the concept of the god spawns, but should be maybe 1 champ OR a couple of mobs and not an entire group of 8-10 mobs plus a champ at the same time.

Edited by nicedreams

6 hours ago, nicedreams said:

lol at this comment

If you were a noob when Eva was already in Panda then you are to new to know that she and Jake were in same kingdom before.

Edited by Cecci
  • Like 2

I am pretty sure Jake has PvPed and played this game long before you @nicedreams

so i find your comment hilarious as well.

Althought he hasnt in awhile.

Edited by Themystrix

19 hours ago, nicedreams said:

https://niarja.com/players?utf8=✓&search=jakerivers

and as I was curious:

https://niarja.com/players?utf8=✓&search=nicedreams

Global Spell Casts
Nothing to see here!
Conquered Towers
Nothing to see here!
Champion History
Nothing to see here!
Kingdom Titles
Nothing to see here!
Mission Constructions
Nothing to see here!

Edited by JakeRivers

Valrei mobs spawning in large groups in one spot was a bug that was fixed, as well as their numbers were tweaked.  This means they should exist but will be scattered randomly around the map so they may be harder to find, especially since a lone mob might die to tower guards

https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&vertical=default&q="sends forth" from%3Avalreimoon&src=typd

These messages don't show on the individual server twitters/events anymore since the valrei update.  I always assumed that was feature to cull spam since its on valrei twitter, but I suppose there is always the chance that they are not spawning because of some bug?  I don't actively play epic anymore to have any experiences