Sign in to follow this  
JakeRivers

QOL - Meditation

13 minutes ago, Reylaark said:

but is rather that the OP doesn't feel like moving... that's not QOL.

What do you mean its not QoL? The very act of moving 10 tiles for a 2 minute task from a activity you have set up is very disrupting and very much a poor quality.

There is a reason for this and it falls under the same system as fatigue is designed for, nothing more.

If its so crucial for wurm immersion then make the priests move 10 tiles between each prayer they do.

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

+1 im glad i got 80 meditating ages ago so i dont have to deal with that garbage

Be nice to get 90, but I just can't stand moving 10 tiles.

If meditation mechanics are annoying, the skill (like any other) can be simply ignored.

Yep, I did just this for many years. Plus the long timer thumb twiddling interval of the actual meditating added further annoyance. Finally about a month ago I decided to take up the skill and just avoid the thumb twiddling by logging into a few WU accounts and doing the prayer for faith thing meanwhile. Thumb twiddling meditation defeated! but yeah there is still that 10 tile movement thing to deal with, so I wouldn't mind seeing that requirement removed. A few WU servers have actually done this too. Sort of regret not doing meditation years ago but I didn't have the patience for it when I could continually be doing other things that are more conducive to meditative thought...

=Ayes=

On 9/21/2018 at 8:47 PM, JakeRivers said:

Be nice to get 90, but I just can't stand moving 10 tiles.

You know an alternative is to leave world and it resets that. So if you are on deed a quick relog and you are good. 

8 hours ago, Egard said:

You know an alternative is to leave world and it resets that. So if you are on deed a quick relog and you are good. 

The only reason I do not want to move ten tiles is to have all my container windows closed that I usually have open when I am crafting.

2 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

The only reason I do not want to move ten tiles is to have all my container windows closed that I usually have open when I am crafting.

but then why are we still talking about meditation instead of solutions that let you keep the windows you choose open when you choose to keep them open?

You didn't seem remotely interested in that, even though it would serve you beyond just the ten-tiles-for-meditation problem.

I think the people giving you a +1 misunderstood the problem you're having.  Might make more sense to lock this thread and open up a thread about how to keep your multiple windows open when you need to step away for only a brief moment.

8 hours ago, Reylaark said:

but then why are we still talking about meditation instead of solutions that let you keep the windows you choose open when you choose to keep them open?

You didn't seem remotely interested in that, even though it would serve you beyond just the ten-tiles-for-meditation problem.

I think the people giving you a +1 misunderstood the problem you're having.  Might make more sense to lock this thread and open up a thread about how to keep your multiple windows open when you need to step away for only a brief moment.

I like my windows closing when I move away from them, if this did not happen you would have to manual close windows non-stop all the time. Others may have a different opinion on this, but this is my preference.

This topic is not about container windows being open or closed, it is about having to move 10 tiles for no good reason at all to meditate.

Edited by JakeRivers
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

I like my windows closing when I move away from them, if this did not happen you would have to manual close windows non-stop all the time. Others may have a different opinion on this, but this is my preference.

This topic is not about container windows being open or closed, it is about having to move 10 tiles for no good reason at all to meditate.

My bad, I should have bolded the part where I say (again) you can choose which windows stay open and when.   It's pretty simple to lock and unlock windows right?  Similar type of thing.

Of course, now it's not about the windows anymore.  It was, literally two posts ago.

14 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Since it's not about windows for the moment...

Instead of having to move ten tiles, add a mini-game that requires attention for the two minutes of meditation rather than having to move.

Maybe maintaining a flame within a circle of random diameter using your mouse. (random to each meditation)

Not unlike the way some people meditate IRL.

2 hours ago, Reylaark said:

Since it's not about windows for the moment...

Instead of having to move ten tiles, add a mini-game that requires attention for the two minutes of meditation rather than having to move.

Maybe maintaining a flame within a circle of random diameter using your mouse. (random to each meditation)

Not unlike the way some people meditate IRL.

If you want to talk about windows staying open all the time, make a new thread.

This is about ending the nonsense of walking 10 tiles away, my reasons are my own and everyone else has there own, it is something that adds ZERO to the enjoyment of playing the game.

• Like 1

Still no actual reason from the other side to ending this tedious extra step in the waiting game that is meditation.

I look forward to an actual argument being made aside from "I like to go outside" and "It was that way forever so it must be good!"

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

If you want to talk about windows staying open all the time, make a new thread.

This is about ending the nonsense of walking 10 tiles away, my reasons are my own and everyone else has there own, it is something that adds ZERO to the enjoyment of playing the game.

I'm merely answering your stated problem.  The reason you stated for wanting to change meditation is not a reason to change meditation.  It's a reason to fix your problem,but for some reason you don't want to do that.

6 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

Still no actual reason from the other side to ending this tedious extra step in the waiting game that is meditation.

I look forward to an actual argument being made aside from "I like to go outside" and "It was that way forever so it must be good!"

The "other side" you're talking about is the devs.  They implemented it as it exists.  Their reasoning would obviously be interesting but I don't think we're owed an explanation.

As I've said before though, "PITA" has been a good enough reason to change something in the past though so who knows!  Could happen.  I wouldn't be all that surprised if it did, would you?