Sign in to follow this  
skyefox

Large Ship Navigation Warning

This is a warning for any player planning to travel the northeast section of the Inner Sea via the Darkenstone Canal  and Samling Fjord. 

The section of water between Rufflehome and Pest Harbour is obstructed for deep draft ships by an abandoned causeway project that was attempting to join the large island in the northeast arm of the Inner Sea with the island just east of Rufflehome ( 33x, 22y). It is possible for shallow draft boats (rowboats and sailboats) to pass over this underwater causeway,  larger boats will get bogged down.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1j3vu0SLTOuMl7q9SIqHVLKfqZvKkBR9z

To travel north or south through this region, take the Pickle Island canal that passes between the islands that were once Pickle Island.  For more details, consult the Albia Roads Map of Indy in this forum for details of the area.

Skyefox & Hughmongus

Co-cartographers of the Albia Roads Map of Indy

Edited by skyefox
Provided the canal name, and it is only 1 island
  • Like 2

yea, I complained a lot about this last year. I was told "follow the channel and there's no problem". Except that the channel isn't marked. 

I actually started dredging a huge portion of it, but that caused a war...

• Like 1

Sounds like "Pest Harbor" just wants people to leave them alone, so they built a wall in the ocean.

RL has kept me busy, so catching up on a back log of forum stuff.

Yes, Skyefox is correct.  It was the owner of the large island in the NE Inner Sea (as pointed out in the above message's reference) who made that long, barely submerged causeway south to Pickle Island.

No work has been done towards completing that that bridge / causeway project in over a year, so I would hazard a guess that it is dead.

Food for thought.

Cheers, Hughmongus

Cartographer of Indy

Co-Administrator - The Albia Roads Map of Indy