Sign in to follow this  
Nomadikhan

Ability to withdraw from upkeep

Just what the title says, I'd find it helpful quite a bit.  I generally set back coins in a chest and then sink everything else into the token only later to want 1c for the mail.  I'd hate to break that 5s coin just for a 1c mail cost.  I'd rather take it from upkeep.  What if villagers donate regularly to your upkeep and you'd like to withdraw 1s for a prize to someone or maybe to cover that crate of dirt for deed expansion?

Ofc, set limits such as minimum of 30days must remain after withdraw, so you can't accidentally bankrupt your deed.

EDIT:  After thought, either only allow mayors to do this or add a specific permission role for citizens that mayors can toggle.

Edited by Nomadikhan

I think it might be useful in such cases where you accidentally put too much on upkeep and can not get it back.

It may be worth thinking about.

• Like 1

I think this would create a lot of issues with the traders and coin return systems already in place since that coin comes from the things like upkeep. 

But it’s no skin off my back if it was changed to allow this. However I would say mayor only, no permissions to allow it for anyone else. 

16 minutes ago, Xor said:

I think this would create a lot of issues with the traders and coin return systems already in place since that coin comes from the things like upkeep. 

But it’s no skin off my back if it was changed to allow this. However I would say mayor only, no permissions to allow it for anyone else. 

That's a good point. Maybe set the withdrawl limit to 90 days minimum upkeep. Then only allow the 90 day of upkeep to circulate via traders and foraging?

I think the very first thing mentioned is a reason to vote no to this.  If others are donating to the upkeep, that is what they are donating to.  If they want to donate to a prize, they can do that otherwise.  I can see a bunch of villagers donating to the upkeep and then the mayor coming along and saying hmmmm.  Bank!  Let's take it out.  Just do not think this is a very good idea at all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Pashka said:

I think the very first thing mentioned is a reason to vote no to this.  If others are donating to the upkeep, that is what they are donating to.  If they want to donate to a prize, they can do that otherwise.  I can see a bunch of villagers donating to the upkeep and then the mayor coming along and saying hmmmm.  Bank!  Let's take it out.  Just do not think this is a very good idea at all.

For a democracy that's a good point. On an autocratic deed, this risk may be more "acceptable", so maybe limit it to the latter? (That's mostly what the hermits are in anyway who have noone to rip off.)

In either case, it should be visible in some history, so abusers can be properly called out; cashing out on your villagers contributions is a dirty reputation no respectable player would want.

Neutral on the suggestion itself. Can overall do without it, even though I can see situations where it would have benefitted me in the past, it's nothing that actively bothered me.

• Like 1

I would consider a pop up '10 silvers? - Are you sure? YES/NO' when adding coins to upkeep.  I'm sure most of us have done it - added silvers when we mean coppers, and for some very unlucky people: adding 1 gold when they meant 1 silver. 

A simple pop-up would only affect the person donating at the actual time they donate, and give them a reasonable chance to correct the mistake.

I think Pashka has a point, but there's nothing to stop the mayor disbanding and taking the lot anyway.  

A simple 'Are you sure?' would lessen the need for the mayor to have to put his hand in his pocket, or even disband and re-deed due to his own, or his citizen's mistakes.

I would like this for my own deeds, but think it is probably a bad idea for reasons mentioned above.

It would lead to a lot of problems of people yanking out too much and deed goes poof.

Also folks kicking in funds for upkeep are doing just that, if they want to pad your own pockets let them give you the coins directly.