Sign in to follow this  
lelovito

Ingame Timers for Meditation Skills

I'm proposing adding a command or a list in your profile to add visible timers or a notification you can use to see when your meditation skills such as Refresh, Random TP, Recall Home etc. are ready to use again. More quality of life than anything else, think it would be nice to have a timer you could just look at to tell when these are ready to use again.

• Like 7

More feedback about this stuff in the interface is always appreciated.

Also: Prayer counts/timers, meditation skill opportunity counts/timers, etc.

• Like 1

+1 would be cool if it was similar to sermons where it told you when you tried to do that action

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lelovito said:

I'm proposing adding a command or a list in your profile to add visible timers or a notification you can use to see when your meditation skills such as Refresh, Random TP, Recall Home etc. are ready to use again. More quality of life than anything else, think it would be nice to have a timer you could just look at to tell when these are ready to use again.

or you could use wurm assist, also wurm does have a timer built in https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Custom_timer

Just now, JakeRivers said:

or you could use wurm assist, also wurm does have a timer built in https://www.wurmpedia.com/index.php/Custom_timer

The point of this would be so you don't have to mess with 3rd party programs, I agree that wurm assistant is a good alternative, but it would still be nice if you didn't need to use an alternative. Like I said in the post, quality of life things.

• Like 1

Timers are good, but they aren't automatic, and you can't really have enough of them to replicate all the functionality this suggestion is asking for. Like, I could easily have one for the 30m meditation timer, another for the longer meditation timer, another for prayer, another two or more for meditation-related ability cooldowns, plus the 10-minute timer I have for healing ticks and whichever other ones would be useful that I'm forgetting.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ostentatio said:

Timers are good, but they aren't automatic, and you can't really have enough of them to replicate all the functionality this suggestion is asking for. Like, I could easily have one for the 30m meditation timer, another for the longer meditation timer, another for prayer, another two or more for meditation-related ability cooldowns, plus the 10-minute timer I have for healing ticks and whichever other ones would be useful that I'm forgetting.

Maybe read the wiki, you can make up to 5 custom timers, there is even a picture showing 2 timers.

5 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

Maybe read the wiki, you can make up to 5 custom timers, there is even a picture showing 2 timers.

Timers are good, but they aren't automatic, and you can't really have enough of them to replicate all the functionality this suggestion is asking for. Like, I could easily have one for the 30m meditation timer (1), another for the longer meditation timer (2), another for prayer (3), another two or more for meditation-related ability cooldowns (5-6), plus the 10-minute timer I have for healing ticks (6-7) and whichever other ones would be useful that I'm forgetting (7-8+???).

They're also a bit error-prone in the sense that there's absolutely no way I would remember to reset all these timers and counts every time I meditate, pray, log onto the client, etc. Am I always going to remember how many times I meditated last session, or when my last alignment tick was? Probably not.

This suggestion is just a convenience/QoL thing that would give players this info more reliably than is currently able. Nothing more, nothing less.

Edited by Ostentatio

Ok, I can get behind the idea of auto-timers.   I use the ingame timers a lot, but often forget to start them, and the longer timers need to be able to keep going when you go offline.  How about an auto-timer with a selection of actions that you can select if you want the auto-timer to be functional for it.  For me most of those 21 hour timers would be there, along with the meditation and prayer timers.

I would like automatic timers for cooldowns. You could just make them a spell effect... but that's just a thought. Would want to make sure they cannot be dispelled... if it were to become a spell effect.

+1 Plus anytime you restart or log the client it resets the timers and won't be persistent, Wurm Assistant does help with this but its QoL eitherway.