Sign in to follow this  
Muse

Allow everyone to read recruitment board ads

As far as I can see, the current situation is, that the only players who are able to read recruitment board ads, are players who are not currently in a village.

This means that unhappy villagers wishing to look for a new home, must first either create a new alt to read the recruitment boards, or abandon the safety of their existing village by revoking their citizenship, before they can see if there are any recruitment ads at all. 

The latter effectively puts them in limbo.

I think this explains why people are using the forums rather than the recruitment boards in game.  Once you become part of a village - you are blocked from using this (actually pretty useful) feature again until you leave.

I think most players would be curious to see 'what else is out there', even if only to reassure themselves that they are already in the right place.

I understand some mayors would be against this, fearing the loss of their existing villagers to more glamorous deeds, but I think anyone offering a really good player experience is only going to gain from allowing recruitment ads to be read by everyone.

Are recruitment boards reaching their full audience? Does anyone actually read them? What do you think? :) 

It seems stupid to actually spend time to code in that some can't read it.

+1