Re-reading pages so thought I would make this point clear on its own rather than a response quote.

Dodge is a thing, cloth is very viable, damage reduction is not everything, movement speed + dodge bonuses make cloth bueno. 

• Like 3

EDIT: Found the patch notes.

Edited by Delakar

+1 to removing speed modifiers from armour and instead having stamina modifiers.

Edited by armyskin
  • Like 3

On 8/15/2018 at 1:11 PM, Delacroix said:

Interesting changes. I do have a question, though: with the changed deity demise enchants, you point out bonuses to elements--will Vynora's enchant give a bonus to Frostbrand-cast weapons, as an example?

@Retrograde@Sindusk

Be nice to get an answer regarding this.

Thank you so much for the inclusion of cloth in that chart!  Exactly what I needed to see.  Thanks to all the upvotes in comments for the use of cloth as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Delacroix said:

@Retrograde@Sindusk

Be nice to get an answer regarding this.

Ah sorry, I missed that question. Yes, the new jewelry enchants affects all outgoing or incoming damage while equipped. That includes damage from Frostbrand and Flaming Aura. The protection versions will reduce all incoming damage of that type. For example, with fire protection, it will reduce fire damage whether it's from another player's Fireheart spell, Flaming Aura enchant, or even just a Hell Horse kicking you in the face.

• Like 4

.....dont know whether i should be happy of the changes or not.. hmmm.. undecided.. great news about the brothers event.. hopefully my web works by then..

17 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

Dodge is a thing, cloth is very viable, damage reduction is not everything, movement speed + dodge bonuses make cloth bueno. 

Aye, same is true for regular (not-studded) plain leather.

I've been using plain leather since 2 or 3 years now for all my hunting. Sword & board, weapon skill 80, decent shield skill (55-ish), decent body control (45-ish), but low body strength thus fights take quite long (low damage output). Glance, block and parry rates are good. Pretty good chance that I get not hit at all during a fight with a troll. Thus I don't use an LT weapon but use Frostbrand instead, after all it makes no sense to use a healing weapon when you don't have any wounds that would need healing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Ah sorry, I missed that question. Yes, the new jewelry enchants affects all outgoing or incoming damage while equipped. That includes damage from Frostbrand and Flaming Aura. The protection versions will reduce all incoming damage of that type. For example, with fire protection, it will reduce fire damage whether it's from another player's Fireheart spell, Flaming Aura enchant, or even just a Hell Horse kicking you in the face.

Thank you for your reply. It sounds like a nice improvement.

Any idea if the jewelry enchantments will decay through use, or stay forever like weapon enchantments?

It's hard to value anything other than raw damage resistance when it's the only thing mentioned in any detail on Wurmpedia. I always figured dodge and glance were just fancy ways of sailing "failed on fighting skill roll" and not actual mechanics.

3 minutes ago, Darmalus said:

It's hard to value anything other than raw damage resistance when it's the only thing mentioned in any detail on Wurmpedia. I always figured dodge and glance were just fancy ways of sailing "failed on fighting skill roll" and not actual mechanics.

Parry and block are more important anyway:

- Parry: largely ruled by parry rate of chosen weapon and weapon skill.

- Block: largely ruled by shield ql and shield skill.

They don't figure in damage reduction because a successful parry or block negates all incoming damage from that attack, no matter what armour you wear.

8 hours ago, Eobersig said:

but low body strength thus fights take quite long (low damage output)

thats more because you're using a 1h sword which even the better of the two is absolute junk, even if you had 90 body strength it's bad.  a med axe or med maul would be heaps better even with the worse parry