Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Patch Notes 14/AUG/18

PatchNotes.png

• New: Skills at 99 or greater are protected from being lost upon death, excluding fighting and characteristics.
  • Change: The number of animals branded to a deed will now be displayed in village info.
  • Change: Freezing a surface tile with Path of Power now also freezes the cave tile.
  • Change: Blood from legendary creatures now displays which legendary dropped the blood on examine and when mailed will display in mouseover.
  • Change: A “Kingdom of”  permissions category has been added to vehicles.
  • Change: Added ability to plant flowers directly on grass tiles without requiring cultivating the tile first.
  • Change: The new armour system previously on Epic now applies to all servers:
    • Changes to base damage reduction rates for armours:
      • Leather from 45% to 60%
      • Studded from 50% to 62.5%
      • Chain from 55% to 62.5%
      • Cloth from 35% to 40%
      • Drake, Scale and Plate no changes (65%, 70%, 65% respectively)
    • Changes to movement speed modifiers from wearing armour:
      • Plate armour should be slightly faster when worn now.
      • Lowered the movement speed reduction from all helms.
      • Glimmersteel and Seryll armours now have a 10% movement speed bonus.
      • Adamantine armours now have a 5% movement speed bonus.
    • Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
      • Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
      • Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
      • Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
      • Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
      • Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
      • Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
      • Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
  • PvP Change: Special moves will now display a multicolor line in the Combat tab when one of either combatant starts to use a special move. This will also display an on-screen message for both clients.
  • PvP Change: The animal permissions window is now available via the body menu.
    • This includes all animal permissions as per freedom, with appropriate enemy kingdom allowances (Enemy kingdom members are able to do anything).
  • PvP Change: Improvements to the Kingdom window.  See list below.
    • Now shows land percent up to two decimals
    • Has a % sign to denote it is a percentage.
    • Capitalization for the headers in each column.
    • Now shows appointed success rate as a full number percentage.
    • In the event of a kingdom reset, the kingdom’s current land share will become their starting land share.

• PvP Bugfix: Zombies summoned through religious spells will no longer be hostile to same-kingdom players.
  • PvP Bugfix: Leaving a PMK through the Change Kingdom feature will no longer incur a 14 day cooldown.
  • PvP Bugfix: Valrei creatures with no kingdom will now be attacked by deed guards.
  • PvP Bugfix: Deeds under siege with exactly 10 guards should now properly spawn the guards in waves instead of one at a time.
  • PvP Bugfix: The lockpicking timer will no longer be reset by defenders locking or unlocking the door/gate.
  • Bugfix: Improving placed metal mine doors more aligned to improving those not placed.
  • Bugfix: You must be within a 1 tile range in order to bash a mine door.
  • Bugfix: You can remove inventory groups/subgroups with or without an item activated.
  • Bugfix: Reworded the profile toggling messages to be more clear when choosing to show or hide the pve death tab notices.
  • Bugfix: All two handed weapons should now properly use the two handed fighting animation.
  • Bugfix: PvE Death Tab will now report  animal conditions as well as type.  Ex. old raging Large rat, aged champion Black wolf instead of just old Large rat and aged Black wolf.
  • Bugfix: Unequip All now ignores items in equipped containers.
  • Bugfix: You must be on the same layer in order to repair house walls/fences.
  • Bugfix: Combat should now break repair and continue building actions.
  • Bugfix: Summer hats now have their previous defensive values as armour.
  • Bugfix: Leather armour now has a +30% archery/casting bonus like it should.
  • Bugfix: Leading a non-swimming creature into water will now allow you to lead it back out if it gets stuck and you automatically stop leading.
  • Bugfix: Open and close actions on containers on the ground should now be able to be  opened and closed when the right click menu gives the option.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer build/continue a fence or attach a mine door from inside a cave.
  • Bugfix: Rift jewelry will no longer take charges from items in the inventory if an identical one is equipped.
  • Bugfix: Prayers no longer count towards the daily 5 cap if you don’t actually gain faith from it, this scenario occurs when praying as non premium.
  • Bugfix: Prevent losing priesthood at exactly 30 faith when crossing servers.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented you from picking up your own corpse on a deed if you were carrying a creature corpse at the time of death.
  • Bugfix: You can no longer sacrifice any creature unless there is a current mission to do so.
  • Bugfix: Dropped corpses will now retain the last owner information so that they can be picked up again if dropped.

The post Patch Notes 14/AUG/18 appeared first on Wurm Online.

• Like 14

Congrats to Chaos for finally getting some love.

Any ETA 'till server equality for Epic?

Any ETA 'till marketing so there will be players to PvP?

Complete silence is only wasting our time.

• Like 1

The devs have really turned a corner this year, listening, applying, talking back and the last few updates have just been awseome. 

The armour change was one of the most popular changes wanted on chaos, and pretty much out the blue, I'm sure a lot of us will be needing to wear our pee pee pants reading this list.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, manthium said:

Are you kidding??? Why not just remove armor smithing from the game if you're going to make chain and plate UTTERLY worthless?? 

that is BASE DR, DR is still modified by damage types, as well as glance types. 

This means that armours are still quite different, they just have a closer base. 

Body strength alone will account for a far larger difference in DR than armour type. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, manthium said:

But a plate of metal and a tanned hide have more than negligible armour differences.. I get you're trying to balance pvp but remember you have other types of players and from base DR alone you've made plate far less worth the added effort and weight even with the increased movement

It also has higher glance rates and higher DR against other attack types (the outlier being crush, which is a little obvious) 

It can also be made from other metals, which boosts the DR as well, being a significant advantage over studded, which cannot take the bonus DR from steel and such

Iron plate will still be a bit basic compared to others, which is what those values are for. 

EDIT

Realised I missed a bit that would have explained that

• Changes to damage type damage reduction modifiers on armours (lower % means less effective against that damage type, 100% = no modifier):
    • Leather: 90% vs bite, pierce and acid; 110% vs slash and burn damage; 100% vs others.
    • Studded: 90% vs slash and acid; 105% vs bite; 110% vs pierce and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Chain: 92.5% vs pierce and cold; 107.5% vs bite, crush and burn; 100% vs others
    • Plate: 95% vs crush and burn; 105% vs bite, slash and acid; 100% vs others.
    • Cloth: 80% vs bite, slash and burn; 120% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Drake: 95% vs slash and acid; 105% vs crush and cold; 100% vs others.
    • Scale: 95% vs crush and cold; 105% vs pierce and burn; 100% vs others.
  • Like 2

The aim of the armour rework isn't just PvP related, it's PvE related too. 

Drake and scale have long been considered the best armour, for pretty much every reason, DR, glance rate, movement speed. and was limited in its availability

Their initial balance system was based around limited availability, with only one of each dragon/hatchling type existing per server. This meant there was a finite amount of hide out there, which changed when we released respawning uniques, and added more dragon types. 

Now you have an armour that is better across the board, with more sets entering the market every week, meaning that it goes from being something higher tier, to something that is more common each day, and still extremely better than other armour types. 

The aim of this is to buff the lower less used armours to shrink that gap between them and drake, and we'll continue to work on ensuring that the more commonly available armours are viable in PvE. 

PvE should be choice, not meta. 

• Like 4

While studded and chain have the same base damage reduction now, there's a significant advantage to wearing chain: material. You can make chain and plate out of steel or moon metals to increase the DR further than what's presented here. If we were to keep leather and studded at lower DR values they would never be useful. It's also key to note that a 2.5% difference in DR is not "2.5% less damage taken" - these values need to be compared to eachother. 100 damage versus 62.5% DR is 37.5 damage. When it's 65% DR, it's 35 damage. You divide the two and end up with 37.5 / 35 = 1.07, or a 7% damage increase when going from plate to studded. What Retrograde mentions about the damage effectiveness, combined with glance, is exceptionally important now. Here's one of my spreadsheets (which was available from my datamining spreadsheet before i was a developer) that should demonstrate the difference rather clearly:

2jVvxkI.png

The "Evaluated" section is the key point here, which demonstrates a full evaluation of each armour against all damage types, including the glance rates and damage effectiveness. It's also important to note that chain and plate are iron in this chart. Steel and moon metal materials will change them to potentially be better defensively than drake or dragonscale, but that's when the movement speed penalty kicks in.

At the end of the day, every single armour that wasn't drake or scale got a buff. This means every player that doesn't own a set is going to be better off than before.

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

The aim of the armour rework isn't just PvP related, it's PvE related too. 

Drake and scale have long been considered the best armour, for pretty much every reason, DR, glance rate, movement speed. and was limited in its availability

Their initial balance system was based around limited availability, with only one of each dragon/hatchling type existing per server. This meant there was a finite amount of hide out there, which changed when we released respawning uniques, and added more dragon types. 

Now you have an armour that is better across the board, with more sets entering the market every week, meaning that it goes from being something higher tier, to something that is more common each day, and still extremely better than other armour types. 

The aim of this is to buff the lower less used armours to shrink that gap between them and drake, and we'll continue to work on ensuring that the more commonly available armours are viable in PvE. 

PvE should be choice, not meta. 

In PvE EVERY armor (well maybe not cloth at lower levels) was viable even before the change. Drake/scale have been always a luxury item(and they still will be even after the change), which have been nice to have, they never been a necessity.

Sod it I dont pay to have to sit here trying to work raising concerns if it makes them useless I'll just leave the game with all my alts and deed and you can continue doing nothing to draw people in

Edited by manthium
Sick of talking

5 minutes ago, manthium said:

chain for instsnce shoul have a high buff against slash.. thats what it's for.. not saying dont change the armours but don't make them have barely any difference

Chain takes 3/5 of the damage from slashing compared to studded.

Studded takes 3/5 of the damage from crushing compared to chain.

Plate takes 1/3 of the damage from piercing compared to chain.

These are not minor differences. The armours still have unique identities.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, manthium said:

Sod it I dont pay to have to sit here trying to work raising concerns if it makes them useless I'll just leave the game with all my alts and deed and you can continue doing nothing to draw people in

Make sure to take your attitude with you when you go.

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Chain takes 3/5 of the damage from slashing compared to studded.

Studded takes 3/5 of the damage from crushing compared to chain.

Plate takes 1/3 of the damage from piercing compared to chain.

These are not minor differences. The armours still have unique identities. 

To make decisions on damage type depends completely on what creature you are fighting. One fight you are against crushing, next is piercing, next after that is slashing. To take advantage of the different types of armor you would have to carry all the sets with you and change them based on what you see. And do you really think people will take 3 armor sets with them on hunts. Wanna bet, that people STILL will choose armor which offers most overall damage reduction and go with that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, manthium said:

Okay. See: 

Edited by Keenan
Pashka was really mad and scared me.
  • Like 6

32 minutes ago, rixk said:

In PvE EVERY armor (well maybe not cloth at lower levels) was viable even before the change. Drake/scale have been always a luxury item(and they still will be even after the change), which have been nice to have, they never been a necessity.

Ehh... I've been roving around in plate for a very long time. I've been looking for drake or scale, but I still twitch at the idea of paying real money for things in Wurm. I've been on board for these changes for some time, but it's more been no one has really been able to take the time to make them AND test them.

I'm all for this simply because it brings more options to both players and crafters. Material types have a bit more say, so as Sindusk pointed out - it's not completely making one path or the other useless. It just means if you simply don't want to be one-shotted, you have more choices.

The only crafter to have raised an issue so far has ignored the points made by Sindusk and instead decided to "sod it".

• Like 7

3 hours ago, DevBlog said:
  • Change: The number of animals branded to a deed will now be displayed in village info.
  • Change: Freezing a surface tile with Path of Power now also freezes the cave tile.

Is there a limit to branded animals?

Why is there still no means to get rid of reinforced perimeter tiles?

Just now, JakeRivers said:

Is there a limit to branded animals?

I could be outdated here, but branded animals have always counted towards citizens, no? Forgive me if I'm wrong on that front.

Just now, JakeRivers said:

Why is there still no means to get rid of reinforced perimeter tiles?

Probably because it hasn't bubbled to the top as an immediate need so far. There's implications to consider, such as people griefing with deed placement. Though I suppose that's already possible. Why not expand over the section and bring it back in when you're done? That's what I'd do. Then again I also blew 40s on placing a deed three times.

Essentially, this is one of those areas where there could be an argument for or against what permissions should be a part of the perimeter of a deed. Seeing as perimeter is cheap compared to actual deeded tiles. I'd have to look to see if a precedent is already set to allow for more than undeeded actions on a perimeter tile, seeing as the only functionality intended for perimeter right now is to reserve the space. Not control it entirely.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Why not expand over the section and bring it back in when you're done?

When your boundaries are locked in with deeds all around this is not possible, sometimes its merely a building next door that could prevent this as well.

11 minutes ago, Keenan said:

Then again I also blew 40s on placing a deed three times.

I have spent far more than you have in fixing tunnels with dropped deeds over the years.

Sign in to follow this