Sign in to follow this  
Angelklaine

Archeoloy Times

So I went to Xanadu to raise my woodcutting skill. I decided to go to my old stomping grounds, an area on northern Xanadu where no one lives, so I could peacefully deforest the place. I filled up a crate cutting all the trees on an old ruin I used to live near, and then it hit me... I could actually find out what the place had been!

And this is when it started for me. I dropped my hatchet and mailed myself a metal brush and a trowel. I collected something in the realm of 40 fragments and started identifying them. Found a lot of junk, and a couple statue fragments, which I kept of course. Then I noticed something about recording stuff in a journal. This lead me to the wiki to see how this all worked (Yes I read the patch notes when they were released, but I didn't really care much for it.)

Armed with the knowledge of how it all worked, I mailed myself some ribbons, leather and strings, and started making myself the materials I needed. Keep in mind I am in the middle of nowhere, next to disbanded deeds and nowhere near my home. I made myself a press, and used the string and my first page to make my book. From there I finished making my journal, and started making the 22 pages necessary to have a full journal. This whole process to most of my gaming night, but I still had some time to play with it a bit more.

The first settlement I discovered was Port of Jericho. I don't have much information about it yet, just a name, but I will continue working on it. I can't remember anything about Port of Jericho, so it seems to be from before my time. After a little more time searching the area, I got another hit for Windy Shores. Now that settlement I remember. It was an open deed that was under construction when I lived in the area that annoyed me inmensly because it would trap horses that wandered into its deed (or your unbranded horse if you got off it on deed. Had to drag my cart because I lost my horses to the deed once.)

So this is my first timer Archeology story. Why do I share this you ask? Because I had seen a lot of complaints about Archeology. People always complain that they don't get the fragments they need. I guess they are after rewards only. But for me? It was a good experience. I got to play the game as its meant to be played, taking a glimpse at what little lore there is to be garnered from this activity. What I got made me curious, and now I want to know more. So I will be busy for a while, like a kid with a new toy.

Do anyone here know anything about those two settlements? If so, please share below!

Edited by Angelklaine
  • Like 7

is your avatar a dead dog?? excuse my ignorance if there was or is an attachment to said animal..

ps port of jericho is on my alliances deed map i think though cant say for certain and i cant login at the moment to double check..

Edited by Psalamon

Perhaps a renamed/moved deed? Thats what Archeology says the place was named.

And no, its a stare dog. Only a very select group would understand its meaning.

20 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

And no, its a stare dog. Only a very select group would understand its meaning.

*chuckles softly*

=Ayes=