Sign in to follow this  
Heboric

Add neutral traits to Genesis.

It would be great to have a mod that added the removal of the neutral traits - Fight Fiercely, Tough Bugger, Keen Senses, Certain Spark - to the Genesis spell. Ideally done with a properties file that could allow for server owners to add them individually by a true/false switch. If anyone has the inclination to make such a mod I'm fairly sure it would be appreciated by many!

• Like 1

+1000 

Oh, and inb4 the 70+ AH players raise a stink.

Edited by Wargasm

I'd like to keep Spark (it keeps my ebony 5-speeds alive when I take an extended break) but I certainly agree -- I'd love to have the option to get rid of Fierce Tough Keen and S&H, as I often kill off any horses with these traits, and consider them much worse than neutral traits for breeding fast horses.

Spark is much more valuable than Strong & Healthy, to me. Especially since so many WU servers now truncate the early ages (foal, young, adolescent) which cuts about 2-3 months off a horse's total lifespan. Foals aren't as big an issue (though I personally miss the cuteness of they skipping around a pasture) but Young & Adolescent horses get a lot of their working lifespan removed, and Spark at least helps keep them going longer as elderly horses. 

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

That is why I suggested the properties file - then servers could decide themselves which traits they wanted removable by true/false settings.

Edited by Heboric

+1 times ten.

One of the worst things are the so called neutral traits.  You go over 50 AH and all of a sudden you get hit with these "neutral" traits instead of speed traits.  In reality, I would like to get rid of the whole lot.  It is why people don't grind AH over 50, because then you risk systematically breeding yourself out of five speed horses, with no way to get rid of the non speed traits.

I think I have this sorted, but I need to test it. Also it has been added to a few other mods which were server specific to Cavus Nostra and all rolled up in one mod. I don't have an issue with releasing it all, but I just need to check with the person who wrote it that it's OK. Will let you know later.

Edited by Heboric

We are in the midst of the priest overhaul as well, and this is a sensible idea that could bring added usefulness to genesis and improve breeding as well, so it may come to WO too, good idea! 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Brash_Endeavors said:

I'd love to have the option to get rid of Fierce Tough Keen and S&H, as I often kill off any horses with these traits, and consider them much worse than neutral traits for breeding fast horses.

The default properties files adds Fierce, Tough, and Keen. It's easy enough to add S&H if you want......just add it onto the traitIds line: "traitIds=0;2;7;20"

Edited by Heboric

Does this give you a choice of which trait to remove? That seems like the optimal solution for me.

I'd also lean more towards a non-magic option as the whole priest system is pretty stupid. I mean in WU we can remove all the restrictions but I'd almost rather just remove them and add abilities that replace what they once did.

the mod I sent him makes it so the server admin can decide exactly what traits to have marked as bad, so yeah you can pick any traits you want. it doesn't just affect the genesis spell, it affects all aspects of the game that uses traits.