Sign in to follow this  
Wurmhole

Mine large shards

I've always been bugged by shard combining to make a big shard.  I think this idea is probably going against QoL, but I'd like to see a special mining action for extractinng a chunk of marble big enough to make a fountain or table.  Slabs should be mined, not combined.  Stone mine doors should either looks like combined chunks of stone or a single mined slab that looks like solid rock.  If the items being created is really large, then the chunk we excavate should be larger and then be loadable in a cart or wagon/crate/bsb.

Realism vs QoL.  As long as we can easily load and transport them, it should not impact QoL much at all.

I'd also think mining skill, combined with stone cutting would be taken into account on the success rate of getting the size chunk needed.

• Like 1

I see where are you going with this, and I get it, but I think I could be too much realism and would pointlesly add another action that is really not needed...

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, kochinac said:

I see where are you going with this, and I get it, but I think I could be too much realism and would pointlesly add another action that is really not needed...

Altough would make making bricks easier, just chopping bricks out of large shard instead combining shards before.

18 minutes ago, Wilczan said:

Altough would make making bricks easier, just chopping bricks out of large shard instead combining shards before.

Tbh combining was always strange and counter to realism in wurm, you can't combine wood and need large enough felled tree to make mast for example but can magically glue stones to make fountain, not to mention that fountain should be made out of bricks instead of one shard in the first place :). I agree it should be opposite you break large shards to get smaller ones, only thing that makes sense to combine is maybe clay and dirt/sand, metal lumps would needed to be resmelted to make larger lump not convinced that heating them would allow gluing them together either at least not without a power hammer :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wurmhole said:

Realism vs QoL

pssst, when do we tell him about unicorns not being real? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

What

It's obviously a bit absurd to be combining rock shards in order to create a slab, but that sort of gameplay abstraction is necessary when the alternative would be unnecessarily complicated. That's my take on it, anyway.

• Like 1

+1 - i'd like this option on rock type resources if only to make it a little easier to clear said rock tiles from my mine.  You could even make it more difficult to do skill-wise (maybe +10 to vein diff?)

Actually, keep it for metals too, why not.  would allow you to stick more in a smelter.

On 8/9/2018 at 5:29 AM, Retrograde said:

kx23aNu.png

It would be nice, however to have an added option of "Mine 100kg" so you can get larger chunks if you wanted them.