Sign in to follow this  
Niki

Meditation Path Change Proposition

Everyone on a PvP sever will say to a new recruit, "Hey! Get shield of the gone or you're going to die a lot!" They're not wrong. You're gonna have a bad time if you don't.

What if you could have two meditation paths side by side, with the ability to activate the one you want per day, or have them both on at once. You'd need the meditation levels and still have question timers of course.

What do you think, I personally don't find this that broken especially if they plan to fine tune SoTG anyway.

Thoughts, concerns, feedback? Please post thanks.

• Like 5

+1

i'd prefer having PoK on freedom and PoI on chaos tho, as a mechanic, like have different paths on different servers if you choose to

• Like 1

mostly +1 to this.  I almost posted a very similar idea a few days ago, about having multiple med paths.  I never liked Sotg being mostly a requirement for pvp.  Why bother having it at all if it is required to succeed?  So having 2 paths would give you more range of play with a pvp account.  The only thing I would say that MUST happen is to have the path choices being one aggressive path and one passive path, then tune the paths so the agressive and passive combo isn't always just the same combo for everyone.  Honestly, the other option is just removing meditation and making the med path bonuses a bunch of mental skills you can train - much like training for different fight styles and weapon types.  Maybe make mind and soul stats play a part in the effectiveness of each of those mental skills?  Just spitballing ideas...

This would be nice. Another approach would be to allow players to use the "Change Path" mechanic regularly, with a short cool-down of days to weeks. 

• Like 3

+1. Could even throw some silvers needed for switch, and ofc at least 24h colddown, but definitely much needed. Currently is pretty pointless unless you dedicate to just pure PvP, pure crafting, which is very boring.

It reminds me of WoW when you could have bought dual spec for large amount of gold and thus switch between roles often, wurm needs something like that

That would be awesome, missing out a lot of skill gain when being sotg. +1 for some sort of system allowing to have 2 med paths.

This could work as a decent stopgap until they can rework meditation properly. +1

Edited by williamwierd

I'm okay with this. +1 

I'd rather see SotG be rebalanced to something less powerful than Damage Reduction (which obviously makes it a PvP Standard)... but if we could switch every 24hours or something that would be cool. 

If we wanted there to be some legit Lore though for this ... frequent switching, we could make it so that path switching (and keeping your level) can only be done if you are on the new path tile. Kinda like requiring a successful path question window to come up, with the option of switching paths if it is not your current one.

Just an optional add in.