Sign in to follow this  
EpicDude

Epic - Transfer Equality

My suggestion is simple : Give Epic the same skill system as Freedom and have transfer equality between all servers. Economy is separate since items are separate.

After that .. atleast people can then make gains on Epic without feeling they are wasting time gaining nothing. The new skill system doesn't do anything for anyone since the transfer is in place. It only makes new players start on freedom and any that start on Epic will quit once they realize they wasted two hours when they can skill gain on ALL other servers and still play epic.  It's getting old seeing new players quit when they find out about it. I've seen it happen so , many, times..... 

If you want people to play Epic - which you should - then it doesn't make sense to tell them to play somewhere else. Atleast give people to ability to play Epic.

• Like 1

This topic was touched since patch, wich introduced skill transfers. It was in november, if I remember correctly?

Since then, there were no visible signs of devs interested changing anything in that matter.

Even old dinos of Epic moved to freedom/Chaos couse of this. How on Earth any new player would be interested in starting and playing on Epic? Only one who is not aware of that.

ofc +1

• Like 1

Epic definitely needs a system to acknowledge the skillgains acquired when jumping to the Freedom cluster - needs a skill transfer (even if not easy to set it up and even if it will not be perfectly fair either) that Freedom -> Epic jumps already have.

No grinders on Epic -> no community to chat with on Epic -> no population on Epic.

-1, Epic needs to shutdown, too many pvp servers

Edited by Gladiator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

Chaos needs to be shutdown, and migrate the players to epic.

• Like 1

Why would you shut down Chaos to force everyone to pvp on the failed experiment?

If the Freedom grinding system were re-applied to Epic, I'd quit. That's a step backwards.

2 hours ago, Roccandil said:

If the Freedom grinding system were re-applied to Epic, I'd quit. That's a step backwards.

from what i understand, the epic system would be kept in place, but transfering to freedom would bring in some of your gains (probably with a conversion rate to be close to what you would have gained on freedom).

which, imho, should have been in place from the start... to not make the whole epic experience pointless.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Odynn said:

from what i understand, the epic system would be kept in place, but transfering to freedom would bring in some of your gains (probably with a conversion rate to be close to what you would have gained on freedom).

which, imho, should have been in place from the start... to not make the whole epic experience pointless.

I don't mind that, but Epic needs people who just want to play on Epic, and don't care about Freedom.

From my perspective, Freedom is a kind of legacy cluster, simply because if I started there I'd be years and years behind. Freedom already has the playerbase its going to get (or more precisely, its relevant accounts).

10 hours ago, EpicDude said:

and any that start on Epic will quit once they realize they wasted two hours when they can skill gain on ALL other servers and still play epic. 

if they leave epic to play on freedom just because their skills aren't transferred that sounds like they didn't want to play on epic at all, you get skills way faster on epic, especially characteristics so grinding on freedom just to bring them over to epic and not actually play on freedom is dumb.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:28 AM, Gladiator said:

Been thinking about this more, and honestly if you think wurm can afford to lose additional players that is fine with me especially if the servers incur costs more than the premium.

I am calling your bluff, lets close it. I don't mind watching the count drop more do you?

What is the situation now, exactly? Is skill grinded on Epic not saved when porting to freedom? Or is it the disappointment that comes with having your skill (and curve) converted to something less capable upon porting to freedom?

I'm a 100% freedom cluster guy, and I just came back after 20 months, so I don't fully grasp the present situation and why it is problematic. Perhaps there are others out there wondering, also.

54 minutes ago, Deathangel said:

What is the situation now, exactly? Is skill grinded on Epic not saved when porting to freedom? Or is it the disappointment that comes with having your skill (and curve) converted to something less capable upon porting to freedom?

I'm a 100% freedom cluster guy, and I just came back after 20 months, so I don't fully grasp the present situation and why it is problematic. Perhaps there are others out there wondering, also.

At the 1.6 update, all epic skills were saved and then converted with a penalty (minus stats and med) onto the freedom cluster.

After this point, skill earned on freedom freely transfers 1:1 to epic always.  Skill gained on epic goes nowhere

Either grind on freedom where you know your effort will stay and be respected and get skill on both clusters

-OR-

Grind on epic with practically no one to talk to, cannot take your skills to freedom, and you are essentially investing your time into a test cluster that for all you know your work can be just utterly defenestrated and become meaningless at a moments notice.

logical choice is the first one which is why epic has a grand total of 15-30 players across 4 servers at any time

On 8/8/2018 at 7:44 PM, Roccandil said:

From my perspective, Freedom is a kind of legacy cluster, simply because if I started there I'd be years and years behind. Freedom already has the playerbase its going to get (or more precisely, its relevant accounts).

You are terribly wrong there, year or two is quite enough to comfortably catch up on freedom, I know people who started over after selling skilled toons and felt very comfortable about it without any complaints or feeling that catching up is hard. You won't have 90 in all skills ofc but if you know what are you doing it's quite easy to become competitive whatever that means in wurm. When I started I was playing unpremmed for 4 months and was maybe the most interesting period of gameplay being capped at 20 skill but didn't felt left out nor it bothered me. And after premming the thing that kept me to Wurm and why appreciated it so much more over other games is because everything is so slow and hard and I had the feeling of true acomplishment. The point is that you need to decide to specialize on start, it's a very easy way to be competitive in short period of time even on freedom (talking about competitive from pve side, PvP is another story sadly)

On a side note I agree with Odyn that both ways transfer should have been implemented from the start with penalty when transferring skills grinded on epic to freedom ofc.