Sign in to follow this  
gorgian

Bashing or Demo Player owned vehicles

I'd like the option to bash any player owned vehicle, I for see a reason why it's not there.  So refer to 2nd option.

I'd like the option to demo player owned vehicles. 

You know we sometime we lose things, or even things get bugged, Instead of having to putting it ticket for simple things like this. Having an option of either bash or demo would solve this.

if you want to destroy/steal peoples vehicles chaos/epic ----->

6 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

if you want to destroy/steal peoples vehicles chaos/epic ----->

Think you miss read it "player owned"

As in i own a cart i want to bash it or demo it.

Edited by gorgian

why would you want to do that?

if you want to get rid of it, transfer the ownership

Probably cause there are 324917 carts in Wurm and even when abandoned they take ages to decay.  I've had one near my deed for almost 2 years once before it poofed.

I'd personally, like a rule for  "Bash cart okay IF cart on a deed owned by me AND player has been offline for a minimum of [days determined by devs]"

I can one click demolish 14 story house I OWN consisting houndreds of walls, also automatically any bridges attached to it.

But demolishing a vehicle I OWN? Oh NO, please NO, it is so precious. Please pass all vehicles to me instead of destroying those.

Save the vehicles!

ofc +1

if you own it, there is no reason for you not to have the ability to demolish it.  Should have a button just like we do for houses.  But for ones that we do not own, we should have have the ability.  Just like we cannot for a house.  It shouldn't matter if it is on my deed or not.  The GM's will move it off deed if it is bothering me overmuch.

Buildings are different, you cannot easily move a building out of the way if you need to terraform or use the land for another purpose. So you need a way to demolish or you cannot upgrade or improve your deed, or make a new building for a new citizen.  

There are lots of easy ways to get an extra cart out of sight if it belongs to you anyway. If you don't want to stick it behind a building or just give it to someone, just build a 2x2 parking garage or drag it out to the woods or ditch it in an old mine.  Too much potential for issues on demolishing carts, even your own. In some cases people abandoned them along roads with perms set to "Everyone", if they could demolish them years later from a remote location, it could cause grief for a new player who had picked it up thinking someone had intentionally "donated" it to the public, and filled it full of possessions -- which they still cannot secure/lock, but better than having all the carts contents suddenly burst all over a major highway, their bison run off, and no way to get themselves or their belongings home again, because someone decided it would be funny to demolish it from afar.  If you need to get rid of an old one that you misplaced years ago, just rename it to "PM ME IF YOU WANT THIS FREE" and transfer the ownership if anyone responds. 

Too little benefit for too much potential grief, to add a remote control demolition ability.

Edited by Brash_Endeavors

If you own a deed, you can bash a house.  Perhaps not the easiest of things to do especially if it is multi floor but it is doable.  I am a strange one in that if you are building on my deed, i keep the ownership of the building.  There has only been one exception and well she gave me the ownership before she changed servers. (Glad she is back too)  So that I can demolish if I need to.

this is like the least useful request of the month, and this does come up every few months, stick the cart in a corner of some abandoned mine and make rolf the owner

• Like 1

Lets remember it's a sandbox game. We should have the flexibility to do what we like to the vehicles we own.

Bashing - subjective argument (Due to rarity/rune system. One could argue a PvE's do not have the full use of the rarity/rune system as a PvPer's do. They could simply bash repair then imp over and over. PvE's can not do this.  Only thing that can be done here is use lava or decay option which takes time . Not everyone has lava it freely available.)

Demolition - no real issue here. (You own it, why not have the option just like a building.)

P.S I used carts only as an example in the opening thread. There are a few other types of vehicles in game where this would be useful for some not all.