Sign in to follow this  
Gylnne

Game freezes at start screen

Hi folks,

Been holding off on updating Java for a few weeks and noticed my disconnect rate was getting higher. This could actually be that my isp is in the process of upgrading the system for increased speed. 

But I decided today to upgrade Java from 171 to 181. Downloaded the 64 bit from their web site, went into the control panel on Windows 10 and deleted the old one. Installed the new one and hit my short cut to Wurm. Found Wurm's site and then game up with the small Wurm logo with the words underneath it as follows. "This seems to be your first time playing the game" Which did not make sense to me as all I did was upgrade the Java. So I changed the settings in Java to direct connection instead of through my browser and that did nothing.  Downloaded a new stable client and that did nothing.

So I am stuck on Windows 10 with the small wurm logo with this underneath "This seems to be your first time playing the game"

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.:)

Curtis

Simply hitting enter on that window should do the trick, it's likely being cut off due to high dpi settings. As to why it would lose the install dir due to a Java upgrade I'm not entirely sure.

Thank you Saroman,

I will try that once I get back on my windows machine, using linuxmint atm.

Appreciate your reply.

On a side note to let you know Wurm plays quite well on Linuxmint for me.

Edited by Gylnne