Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Sandstone, Marble, Slate equipment

Sandstone, Marble, Slate forges, ovens, altars, coffins, tables...

Could even be creative, heat faster, burn longer, hold more or other perks.

Also a use for those pesky rare sandstone shards and bricks ?

• Like 11

I would love to see an update similar to the metallic items feature update, but for masonry.

In other words, being able to craft most stone items out of regular stone, sandstone, slate, and marble, with advantages and disadvantages to each. Basically the exact same thing you're saying.

Unfortunately, it would probably require a bit more than an RGB shader to distinguish them visually.

Edited by Ostentatio

I mean, sure why not +1.

But keep in mind that these rock types in real life are sedimentary turds, I mean slate legitimately comes out as a flat cleavage and I am surprised we can form it into bricks (google slate brick, there is a reason wurm comes up first).

On 8/5/2018 at 8:46 AM, Kelody said:

Sandstone, Marble, Slate forges, ovens, altars, coffins, tables...

Could even be creative, heat faster, burn longer, hold more or other perks.

Also a use for those pesky rare sandstone shards and bricks ?

+1

On 8/7/2018 at 10:41 AM, Ostentatio said:

I would love to see an update similar to the metallic items feature update, but for masonry.

In other words, being able to craft most stone items out of regular stone, sandstone, slate, and marble, with advantages and disadvantages to each. Basically the exact same thing you're saying.

Unfortunately, it would probably require a bit more than an RGB shader to distinguish them visually.

I've wanted this for quite some time myself, mainly for marble, but, would love to see it for all the masonry materials, one of the main ones i'd love to see is guard towers, but we could even add a wood variant for that imo :)

• Like 1

I need roofs in more rock types! Let's have sandstone and marble shingles! 

• Like 1

+1
Slate, marble  and pottery brick open fireplace! I would like these.

I agree that it doesn't make much sense, more wouldn't really work as well as regular stone, but it's wurm and we need the extra options.

+1

+1 for this, would love more furnishing options and shingle types.

Bump! we NEED to be able to use Slate, Marble and Sandstone for the same things Stone Brick is used for

I can understand why some people may think this shouldn't be done, For example Standstone isn't a good choice as it reacts badly to heat and tends to explode around fire pits, but then as said above we have slate bricks.

So to allow a little realism but offering people more choice in game, make the rocks that can explode in real life take more damage when used as a forge or oven so yes we get the new design but it has a little drawback. The idea above to give all stone different properties is a good one and would add to the game.

We also have concrete in game, I would love to see that used for more stone items, to get a "plain effect" this could be made by using a concrete brick mold ( made out of wood ) to produce concrete bricks. I like the rendered effect housing and being able to have my oven match in would be fantastic.

I would also like to see a "firepit" which could be an upgraded version of the campfire ( using stone ) make it last a little longer ( could also add a range of new recipes for cooking under the "barbeque tag"  like barbequed pork, chicken etc, using the fire pit plus barbeque rack ( made from metal )

Also different coloured gravel from the stones would be great also.

I think the op's idea to give current items in game more options a valid one, getting new stuff is always nice, but giving current items more uses makes a ton of sense to me.