Sign in to follow this  
stickher

So far this is my skill progression

https://www.niarja.com/skill_compare/StickHer

ive been playing casually on and off for under two years. expecting lvl 80 med before the month is over. 

some aspects im pretty happy with my character and sometimes i look at it and i feel like my skills are just completely worthless.

im curious of what you guys think of my progress and what would you guys do to the character if you owned it.

(update) Leveled past 80 meditation on my way to 90. Gained 50 Animal husbandry, 60 prospecting, 70 larger shield, and 70 animal taming, and 66 BS since the last skill dump.

(update) Mid 80s digging to 99.6 digging.   88.6 meditation.  90 mining,  over 50 mind logic and over 40 body stam. Nearly 50 body str. 96 HFC and 66 -> 73 BS.   Now that im done with digging i am not sure what to focus next.

Edited by stickher
  • Like 1

It's ok.

DEPENDS WHAT YOU DO and WHAT YOU LIKE TO DO in wurm.

As you seem to LOVE terraforming.. i'd get a coc shovel and dig deep into tar pits until that number starts looking like 90.0*, low ql shovel with a cast and YOU watching to not break it(100% damage) should do the trick in a week-2.

Your mining is decent.. both tools with a gathering rune.. should get you to good ql materials.

Farming's ok if you dont have a priest or plan to sell soon, AH - get that 70!(you're so close).

As you seem to like bows and arrows.. get that 70 for a start.

Rest.. keep asking around.. every time you hear something 'bad' about your abilities, pick one.. and work on it if you feel like it.

It's a game, keep it fun.

o7

• Like 1

5 hours ago, stickher said:

some aspects im pretty happy with my character and sometimes i look at it and i feel like my skills are just completely worthless.

Your character, your choices. The skills reflect what you like to do, no need to change what you like unless you want to change it.

• Like 1

You are really good with the discipline needed to raise your meditation. You should raise your lockpicking while at it. Just put a lock on a lunchbox or a small wooden chest and take some lockpicks with you. Everytime you med, lockpick.

Another think you should work on that will be helpful anywhere you go is animal husbandry. Very useful to make your own horses or even care for more creatures if thats not your thing.

Finally pick a profession and stick to it exclusively until you hit 50/70/90 marks. Do it one at a time until you reach a level you feel comfortable with. Set your own limits based on what you want to do 

• Like 1

More balanced than me.

If you don't really have anything you really want to focus on, doing everything seems fine...

But meditation probably be your friend once you get higher skills.

https://www.niarja.com/skill_compare/Toriyo

Edited by Quostin

Honestly, I jump all over the place. I am very heavy on the nature categories, but some days I feel like grinding BS (79.x), some days it's NS/Alchemy, beverages, or even very very occasionally mining/prospecting.

I hate grinding the same thing day after day. By "going where the wind blows" I have avoided burnout.

• Like 4

I wouldn’t worry about comparing your progress to others. 

Some sre grinders who own or have access to top level priests and can do a 1-90 run so fast it will make your head spin. 

Some prefer to never grind any skill and only achieve through construction or normal tasks they give themselves. 

I usually grind in small increments for a purpose. Like wanting to be able to provide myself high QL crops for cooking or sac material. Farming was my first 90+ skill, or getting a couple more points of carpentry to finish the last floor of my castle. 

Just enjoy the game and play your way. :) the skills will come on their own then. 

• Like 4

What Xor said. The only reason why I did 100 bowyery is because I wanted to be the first person to hit 100, and have my own title. Simple things like that just drives you.

It's not a bad chr at all,

Note: Two skills I personally would work on are.  Hot food cooking. Get that up to 60 . 70 would be better. And animal husbandry to 50. But that's just me :) 

On 8/6/2018 at 1:37 PM, Quostin said:

What Xor said. The only reason why I did 100 bowyery is because I wanted to be the first person to hit 100, and have my own title. Simple things like that just drives you.

?? diddyness was the first to hit 100 bowery like 5 years ago

On 8/5/2018 at 2:51 AM, stickher said:

*Looks at 70 taming skill*... I can see why you'd say that :( got hell horses and unicorns to look forward to though. Also I see you adopted a hunter style, which does feel useless unless you work with a group to fight the strongest creatures with high rewards. If you just see yourself going around hunting casual things, then the best you are going to get is bulk meats to grind cooking skills, bulk body parts to grind alchemy, and pelts. Are you in a deed feeling useless? Or are you just feeling like you aren't progressing in the game with your skills?

IMO don't make comparisons what others claim as success in wurm make you feel like you are not succeeding. Their success is not your defeat. Your true success in Wurm is doing things you enjoy doing. With that you will become a true master and really win in this Game.    In short find your happy place.

Edited by Snarkin
  • Like 2

Stickher is in our deed. He is kinda useless tbh ... ?

No but really, he has an aversion to imping stuff so he does mostly creation skills/non imping skills. We keep telling him to imp for skill and over a year later he finally picked up blacksmithing. 

The account is pretty good for the time he has spend on it. He finally hit 80med and he has over 40 body. Not amazing, but its a great point to start from.  I think what he needs is advice and guidance on what to do next from someone other than us. So if you guys got any ideas on what he should work next, post them below!

Natural substance skill is pretty useful if you don't like imping, maybe botanizing, butchering to go along with it.

Great account, if this was my main i would spend some time panfilling for a bigger action queue

I'm the self-sufficient sort of guy. The most important thing is being able to create and imp your own tools. That means woodcutting, mining, carp, fine carp, and blacksmithing should all be reasonably high. Perhaps even your leading skills.

So if I were you, I'd grind up those skills to 80 first.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hailene said:

Perhaps even your leading skills.

Whats a leading skill?

work on the following weapon skills: 

Staff. 
Med maul
Large Maul
Spear
Longsword

Staff/med/large/spear are GREAT for body strength, pretty much the best gains and very fast. You'll probably be high 40's by the time this is done.

Then work on Archery for body control gains.

Then work on chain smithing/plate smithing and black smithing, it's always nice to be able to imp your tools/armour, let's you cut down on alts or other services.
Then leather working for that drake/saddle imps. 

[also great for body]

If you raise your animal husbandry up to 50 in between, in the end you'll have a pretty self sufficient account

Edited by Mclavin

5 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Whats a leading skill?

when necroe says "just jump in" at a raid at level 10.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mclavin said:

when necroe says "just jump in" at a raid at level 10.

LOL

this account progress is good

my personal recommendation (and a lot of people will disagree with the method)

farm yourself or buy a BUNCH of garlic or other crop, make an oven with 47 pottery bowls, drop 1 garlic per bowl while oven is running and mine sandstone/dig tar at the same time all day

pretty good gains all around with sb

the whole panfilling 10k at a time is obviously better for mass hfc related gains, but if you're going to be mining or digging anyway while using SB, why not panfill too? =D

i do it while doing literally any skill that doesn't require movement

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

Whats a leading skill?

Highest skills.

49 minutes ago, Hailene said:

Highest skills.

I like mclovin's explanation better. ?

• Like 1

Updated the niarja. I dont know if i i want 70 or 80 BS to imp my own tools.