Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Is it winter yet?

Hey, all.  Is winter due to begin soon?  I don't see any snow on the ground yet, but I recently changed my graphics settings, so I don't know if I turned snow off (if we can turn it off, that is).  I was hoping to collect a whole wack load of snowballs this weekend.

Edited by Enlightened_One

You can't turn off snow graphics so that's not something you need to worry about. When the season changes to winter the graphics won't reflect it until a relog though.

Great.  I guess I'm a little early, then.  So when does winter start?  Should it be soon?

Hey!  How about that!  It just snowed, 3 minutes ago.  Winter!  Snowballs!  Fast silver!

2 hours ago, Samool said:

You can't turn off snow graphics so that's not something you need to worry about. When the season changes to winter the graphics won't reflect it until a relog though.

Will we be able to soon?

If not, I'll continue to get all my real life duties completed during this time. 

Really wish I could just replace the winter textures with the fall ones. 

• Like 3

You won't be able to disable it, but we're working on making winter look better - it got better terrain textures a couple updates ago and we're currently working on the lighting to make the snow look less blinding.

• Like 3

All I ask is to make 'grass' not look the same as roads, to make road travel actually possible (instead of guesswork of where the road is).

• Like 2

Maybe I have my settings a certain way, but I can make out the cobbled roads by their gray lines between the bricks.  Maybe all they need to do is make those lines a little darker so people can see the road through the snow a little better.  I'm referring to the outlines of the bricks on the roadway.  Just make those a little blacker.

Or maybe they could do what they do with packed dirt tiles.  Snow doesn't accumulate on packed dirt tiles, sand tiles or tar tiles.  Maybe they can adjust it so that it doesn't accumulate on roads either.  Or just not as much.

Edited by Enlightened_One
  • Like 1

Come to WU we have nowinter mod ... and cookies! :D

Been there, done that. Too many servers died. 

• Like 2