Sign in to follow this  
wipeout

(PVE only) ability to get rid of reinforced tiles in a mine

So there are 2 ideas that popped up in gl-chat on getting rid of reinforced tiles that are off deed

1. Let the major mine out reinforced tiles in perimeter at 500 actions per tile or 1k actions in a small radius around the perimeter if there is no other deed/perimeter nearby/touching that perimeter(good example neighbours not being able to grief each other's just off deed mines)
2. Make reinforcements go away if all surrounding tiles are caved in(all 8 surrounding a reinforced tile/wall) as it would be a clear sign of an abandoned mine(this would include looking at both ends of say a reinforced walkway and collapse the edges every time)

Mine pollution on the old servers is slowly starting to get worse and worse and nothing is worse then running into a row of reinforced tiles/walls that would require 10s extra to be spend on expansion of a deed and then shrinking it back just to get rid of them as an example

Again to state this would be pve only just to stop either of the 2 idea's from being able to be abused in pvp situations period

So what do you guys think of either idea and which one do you like more and what would you want to add to either of them?

Also sorry if it sounds a bit off this was written up rather quickly if there is a better way of wording this do share it

Edited by wipeout

Either of these are not the greatest of idea's (-1), we already had a easy way to remove these and then that got stealth nerfed with no reason given at all.

And what way is that then? expand the deed at the cost of 10-20 or more silver just to get rid of some reinforced walls/ plant a new deed if far enough away from one?

Why should something like a reinforcement have to cost silver/real life money to get rid of when if on deed it can be mined out?

If there is a other way to for sure get rid of them do share

I already spend hours mining out low ql veins, no need to add more of the same.

5 hours ago, JakeRivers said:

Either of these are not the greatest of idea's (-1), we already had a easy way to remove these and then that got stealth nerfed with no reason given at all.

Being able to use Erupt on reinforced mines was a bug, as far as I'm able to tell.

4 hours ago, wipeout said:

If there is a other way to for sure get rid of them do share

The Disintegrate spell.

Changes are upcoming that should make removal of reinforcements easier in the future, but no details are available at this time:

Edited by Ostentatio

1 hour ago, Ostentatio said:

Being able to use Erupt on reinforced mines was a bug, as far as I'm able to tell.

How can you tell it was a bug? Especially since no one has given a reason to this date why it was suddenly nerfed last year.

It was a feature used for years and since this part of eruption was changed it has since become very buggy and problematic where eruptions can re-appear and cause more collapses of reinforced walls.

As far as telling it was a bug, that was just my impression from what I had seen in Wurm Unlimited code a long time ago: That there was a check for reinforcements that simply wasn't working. This was from my own research, long before the change. I absolutely can't say for sure what the original intent was, though.

Sindusk explained the change in the thread I linked: Reinforcements aren't meant to be that easy to destroy off-deed. I'm not sure what else you want.

As far as it being "very buggy and problematic" since then, I'm not aware of anything like that, but if you are, please report it in the Server Bugs subforum.

Edited by Ostentatio

Well if a good way comes around thats fantastic but the 2nd option would still allow for a natural way for them to disappear think old forgotten mine that isnt used in years it would be nice for that to still be cleaned up thus such a feature would still be useful to have around

2 hours ago, Wargasm said:

Deed it.

which is fine when you are not limited by perimeters or buildings

If it's someone's perimeter, you definitely shouldn't be able to so easily remove the reinforcements.  

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Wargasm said:

If it's someone's perimeter, you definitely shouldn't be able to so easily remove the reinforcements.  

What about if it's your perimeter?

The change to disintegrate is so limited as to not be any better than before. Even giving all priests the option is still a crap shoot trying to remove them. Maybe change it so each cast does 10% or 5% damage, rather than purely random. Reinforcement decay is greatly needed though in abandoned areas. All buildings, signs, even fences can be long gone and reinforcements are forever. So much emphasis is put on deeds slowing/removing decay, yet a reinforcement never on a deed never decays.

22 hours ago, Wargasm said:

if its your own perimeter you should be able to remove it

3 hours ago, Kelody said:

The change to disintegrate is so limited as to not be any better than before. Even giving all priests the option is still a crap shoot trying to remove them. Maybe change it so each cast does 10% or 5% damage, rather than purely random.

I agree: I'd make Disintegrate like transmutation: each cast "terraforms" the reinforced wall a small amount. (That amount can, of course, be balanced. I note that transmutation is different on PvP versus PvE.)

On 8/5/2018 at 9:26 AM, Kelody said:

What about if it's your perimeter?

On 8/4/2018 at 8:57 AM, Wargasm said:

Deed it.

Problem solved.

On 8/4/2018 at 11:29 AM, JakeRivers said:

when you are not limited by perimeters or buildings

On 8/4/2018 at 11:33 AM, Wargasm said:

This.

Cave systems are ways for us players to obtain resources. If I spend hours on end creating a mine system,  making reinforcements and securing the place by deeding the entrance, I dont want you to just show up one day, mine out a reinforcement, seal my entrance with a reinforcement of your own, and keep all my hard labor for yourself. There is a reason why I placed reinforcements, and thats to keep you out.

If the mine is on your perimeter or near, extend your deed. If the mine is far, drop a deed over it. If its near someone else's deed, then sorry but you need to leave it alone as its not yours.

If its blocking your tunnel project, then get a Mag, Nathan, or Smeagain priest and spend the hours needed to blow that sucker away. 

If none of these apply or you dont want to do it, then deed and move elsewhere. There is a whole server of untouched land for you to play on.