As JNLP is somewhat outdated and java is looking at moving away from it so are we, but it's a while off

4 hours ago, Talor said:

Very good idea. However, it might be difficult for Fo priests to grind soul strength on the freedom cluster. On the epic cluster, digging gives soul strength already, so perhaps make this true for the freedom cluster also?

I'm 97% sure soul strength gain from digging was removed when body stamina was re-added

I haven't seen soul strength gains from digging on Epic, just mining.

High Mind stealer cast on hell horses and unicorns is the best way to grind soul strength anyway, those things give a crazy amount even at 50+

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

High Mind stealer cast on hell horses and unicorns is the best way to grind soul strength anyway, those things give a crazy amount even at 50+

Just killing them with the MS cast? Do you know if they have to be wild?

bred animals give no FS or skills so i'd assume they wouldn't  give MS procs either

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Oblivionnreaver said:

bred animals give no FS or skills so i'd assume they wouldn't  give MS procs either

I don't think it actually matters, but it would be worth testing.

1 hour ago, Xor said:

Just killing them with the MS cast? Do you know if they have to be wild?

The way Mindstealer on a weapon works is, it chooses a random skill (including characteristics) that the creature has (so no stealing Small Medium Shield from a seal). Then it compares that skill value to your own, and if yours is lower, it awards a skill tick based on the size of the difference and the power of the Mindstealer cast. Hell Horses have 70 Soul Strength, so they tend to give you a lot of it.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, VirusMD said:

and a drop in subs

I think our concern is more for the experience and enjoyment of the players, and not how many subs we can force people to get just to use the features.

• Like 11

34 minutes ago, Keenan said:

I think our concern is more for the experience and enjoyment of the players, and not how many subs we can force people to get just to use the features.

+1

Any hookups for the people that just switched faith last week, and had over 70 faith?  I knew there was going to changes to priest so I ditched my Paaweelr (I think had 77 faith) to changed to Smeagan for PVP to start preparing for the long faith grind.  Now with faith transfers I'm screwed again.  Thanks!

Edited by nicedreams

4 hours ago, nicedreams said:

Any hookups for the people that just switched faith last week, and had over 70 faith?  I knew there was going to changes to priest so I ditched my Paaweelr (I think had 77 faith) to changed to Smeagan for PVP to start preparing for the long faith grind.  Now with faith transfers I'm screwed again.  Thanks!

Unfortunately not, but this has not yet even entered internal testing, with a decent sermon schedule you're likely to be back at 77 beforee this goes live 

On 8/1/2018 at 6:58 PM, Lisabet said:

BABY UNICORN!! ?

Yep, KILL THEM ALL!!!!! ??

I like what I just read...... 

Now it MUST be asked, guessing there's a dev betting pool for it and all...

Any plans for kawaii hell horse foals? *grin* 

Horses already take forever to grow into usefulness, please don't add to that by adding more useless foals its bad enough with regular horses

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Roccandil said:

I haven't seen soul strength gains from digging on Epic, just mining.

Yes, soul strength gains are from mining. I dug a lot and do not remember any tick from digging, if there are any, then must me dramatically low.

11 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Unfortunately not, but this has not yet even entered internal testing, with a decent sermon schedule you're likely to be back at 77 beforee this goes live 

That works then.  I was thinking this was going live next week or next.

Edited by nicedreams

On 8/2/2018 at 12:48 AM, Retrograde said:

Major changes like this will come with a faith swap. 

The full details are not yet concrete, even sindusks comments are not 100% set and subject to change which is why we haven't shared specifics, but we will once it is all up for public testing. 

If there is a faith change with no skill loss, please make it one time only.   Otherwise everyone will just keep changing religions and make the whole point of priests useless. 

• Like 1

On 8/1/2018 at 1:07 PM, Sindusk said:

I promised more information about the priest overhaul, so I'll mention a couple things specifically regarding spells (there's many aspects of the overhaul outside of just spell changes):

There will be new spells - Completely new spells with new mechanics are being introduced across all deities.

Some spells are getting full reworks - For example, Tangleweave now has a completely different purpose and role in the game, despite having a similar effect.

Linked enchant favor being reduced - Venom, Mind Stealer, and Life Transfer will require 100 favor after the update, so they can be cast without linking by those who have perfect faith. New spells will follow the same format.

Offensive spell rebalance - Offensive spells now scale differently against PvE and PvP targets. This will mean hitting a wolf with Fire Heart and decent channeling should take a proper chunk of their health compared to a Troll.

Body Strength to Soul Strength - Spells will use Soul Strength instead of Body Strength for DR calculations in both PvE and PvP.

It's nearing completion. Once it enters testing, we'll start opening the floodgates for information, and you'll see everything it has to offer.

I just may have to re-prem my priest squad again!

On 8/1/2018 at 1:14 PM, PandyLynn said:

Well, this will be very interesting...

What about Libila (Without Myc) on PvE? Every Priest can pray on Freedom, only Libila not.

• Like 2

Just please don't nerf nacho priests.  They're the ultimate pve utility char, and given how long they've been in, it'd be pretty jarring for that to change.  Buff other stuff rather than nerfing.

Will there be change these personal goals: make 5000 liters of wine, defeat another player using a crush weapon/defeat another player using a knife(cant do that on pve). I am lucky one to have both these defeat mission.

Defeat goals can be done with sparring. Find a friend or alt, strip down and takes 15 seconds.