36af1x9.png

<Fabricant> Keenan does his deeds like he does updates. It's going to take three attempts. - Upon seeing Null Point founded three times.

Hi Everyone!

Been a huge weekend with the friendalong on pristine, and I hope everyone had a lot of fun attending! The GM's and I got plenty of kills, and enjoyed terrorising you all.
Coming off last weeks update there isn't huge a huge amount of new things to discuss, but we'll do a little recap

but first..

Patch Notes:

Spoiler

Additions:

• New: Added ability to display compound titles.
    • In the titles menu players may choose to display two titles together.
  • New: Village Name and Village Role will now show on player mouseover.
  • New: Profile options added to customize these additions.
    • Show Other Player Titles – Allows you to show/hide other players [Skill Titles, Meditation Titles and Sorcery Titles] text.
    • Show Other Player Villages – Allows you to show/hide other players “Role of Village” text.
    • Show Own Village Titles – Allows you to show/hide your own “Role of Village” text. This overrides the above option, and will not display even if the viewer wants to see it.
  • New: A PvE death tab has been added and will record player deaths on your server.
    • Deaths will be recorded for players with at least 1.5 body who are also premium players.
    • You can opt-out of your name appearing in the death tab in your profile.
    • You can opt-out of seeing the death tab in your profile.
  • New: Unequip All has been added to right click body which will unequip all armour.
  • New: You can now add Sub Groups inside Groups in your inventory.
  • New: Get Price now displays a rough amount of favor from sacrificing.
  • New: Unicorn offspring will now have names.
  • New: More titles have been added.
  • New: All trees now have normal maps
  • New: King robes have a unique look

Changes:

• Change: Amount of source salt requires to create potions from bloods has been raised from 0.001 to 0.01.
  • Change: You can no longer erupt a tile next to a cave entrance.
  • Change: Disintegrate bonus now applies to all warrior gods instead of just Magranon.
    • Warrior gods are: Magranon, Smeagain, Nathan.
  • Change: Dragon sorcery drop chance has been increased and tomes that drop from dragons will now be a single charge.
  • Change: Mine a star gem personal goal change listed below:
    • The personal goal Mine an Exquisite gem has been replaced with a new goal Recreate a statue from fragments.
    • If you already completed the Mine an exquisite gem, it will not change.
    • If you happen to mine an exquisite gem before recreating a statue from fragments, you can log out and back in and your personal goal will show Mine an Exquisite gem as completed (green).
  • Change: In order to ensure all unique bloods result in different potions black, red and blue dragon blood will now make new potion types.
    • Existing bloods of these creatures will make the new types as well.
  • Change: Market stalls will now take more damage when bashed.
  • Change: Sea Serpents  are no longer  on the endangered species list and may be sighted more often.
  • Change: Alcohol strength and drinking changes listed below:
    • Alcohol now gives 100% to 150% effectiveness based on QL.
    • Players can now drink alcohol regardless of thirst level, similar to source.
    • Consuming less than the full 0.2kg will scale the effect of alcohol down to the amount you’ve consumed.
  • Change: Oil of the Weaponsmith will now work for the Weaponsmithing skill instead of just the weaponsmithing sub-skills.
  • Change: Merchants who pack up and leave due to no business transactions for a while will send items which do not fit in backpacks separately.
  • Change: Height checks for accessing containers and objects will only occur inside buildings. (this addresses the items on high slopes and underwater issue)

PvP work:

• PvP Change: Chaos server now has a maximum Locate Soul range of 500 tiles.
  • PvP Bugfix: King regalia material type has been changed and will allow healing.
  • PvP Bugfix: Change Kingdom option on right click body should work as intended.
    • The feature is designed to allow a player to leave a PMK and join the default template kingdom.
    • Note that on Chaos, white light PMKs will join Freedom Isles since template MR and JK were removed.
    • The change kingdom option will not be shown if player is not in a PMK.
  • PvP Bugfix: Kings can no longer expel champions from their player made kingdom.
  • PvP Bugfix: PMKs should now be able to bash their template kingdom towers and vice versa.
  • PvP Bugfix: Fixed an issue which prevented HotA statue material from changing based on number of wins.
  • PvP Bugfix: Player god champions should now be able to bash and destroy pavement.
  • PvP Bugfix: Mycelium now stops CCFP reduction for Libila followers.
  • PvP Bugfix: Artifacts should no longer get lost in floors or roofs when dropped upon logout.
  • PvP Bugfix: HotA statues will now have various colors beyond red for alliances with more than 30 wins.
  • PvP Bugfix: Fix for Scale of Libila untaming when unequipped but not dropped.
  • PvP Bugfix: Fungus Trap now correctly applies a poison wound instead of crush wound.

Bug fixes:

• Bugfix: Fix for soul stealer necklace not having an effect.
  • Bugfix: Examine message for spears has been changed to remove the mention of it being a steel spear and instead will examine as ‘A sturdy spear’.
  • Bugfix: Had a chat with garden gnomes and they’ve agreed be more selective in their activities. (They will steal less items)
  • Bugfix: Merchants no longer accept placed merchant contracts.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue which caused mission rituals to appear on a settlement token menu.
  • Bugfix: You will now receive an error message when a Vynora priest tries to cast Wisdom of Vynora on a Nathan priest instead of just nothing happening.
  • Bugfix: Planting of Banners, Kingdom Banners, Flags and Kingdom Flags is now limited to 4 per tile instead of 1.
  • Bugfix: Fixed inconsistencies with combing items inside a container.
  • Bugfix: Large anvils should now be enchantable again.
  • Bugfix: Fix for some incorrect pluralization of text in missions.
  • Bugfix: Fix for potential max height error with a meditation tile.
  • Bugfix: Fixed a stamina drain issue with digging with an exact 5.0 sec timer.
  • Bugfix: Converts from Nathan and Tosiek to Fo will now ignore alignment and convert properly.
  • Bugfix: Fix passengers of vehicles not being checked for attacks from creatures if a Fo priest is commanding.
  • Bugfix: Actions performed achievement should now trigger properly.
  • Bugfix: Wooden benches now properly change last owner when loaded and unloaded.
  • Bugfix: Another attempt to fix an issue where sometimes you cannot tame another pet once your tamed caged creature leaves the server.
  • Bugfix: Uniques should no longer spawn on deed.
  • Bugfix: Fixed an issue with beds not giving a proper menu and error message for guests of a house with a wall down.
  • Bugfix: Normalized stamina loss from gardening
  • Bugfix: Logs of all woodtypes should now form a pile of logs instead of a toolbox model.
  • Bugfix: Various text, grammar and spelling fixes.
  • Bugfix: The ‘Be premium for 3 months’ personal goal should now trigger properly if you have met the requirements.
  • Bugfix: Crafting window will no longer default to an item in the list.  Exceptions listed below.
    • If only one item can be made it will be in the crafting option by default
    • If you have previously had the crafting window open during the same session with that item crafted, it will auto default to that item again
  • Bugfix: Unfinished items must be repaired before being continued.
  • Bugfix: Items placed on top of altars will not get sacrificed with items placed inside altars.
  • Bugfix: Stealthed players are no longer hidden from village and alliance player lists.
  • Bugfix: Daily faith reset is no longer offset by 5 minutes.
  • Bugfix: Items on a destroyed bridge will now drop to the ground below the bridge.
  • Bugfix: A bug with deity death item protection and death protection (skill) has been fixed for player gods.  See notes below for deities affected.
    • Prior to this fix, player gods with the “death protector” attribute would have both the item protection and skill protection chance on death, while player gods with “death item protector” obtained no benefit. These attributes now function as they should, and certain player gods may lose their item protection on death. Other player gods will “gain” the item protection on death from this change.
    • Tosiek loses the ability to keep items on death.
    • Nahjo loses the ability to keep items on death.
    • Nathan gains the ability to keep items on death.
    • Paaweelr has no change to abilities.
    • Smeagain has no change to abilities.
    • Gary gains the ability to keep items on death.
  • Bugfix: Toned down the unicorn spawn from the last update a bit.
  • Bugfix: Imbue on items now ignores “must be on ground” conditions. This allows Large Anvils and other ground objects to be imbued, which never worked before.
  • Bugfix: Wagoner contracts can now cross server if they are not planted.
  • Bugfix: Unfinished creature cages will now properly be named “[Empty]” when they are completed.
  • Bugfix: Dirt will no longer be disposed of when dropping it above a mine entrance.
  • Bugfix: Trader placement and citizenship mechanics have been adjusted to occur at the time of placement, rather than the next server restart.
    • Traders will become a citizen of the deed where they are placed immediately, instead of after a server restart.
    • Traders placed in the wild will have no deed associated with them and will not generate upkeep for the deed of the placer.
    • If a deed is placed over a trader in the wild, the trader will immediately become a citizen of that deed.
  • Bugfix: Archaeology statues can now be improved.
  • Bugfix: Wooden left arch, right arch and arch T now display the correct parts quantities remaining in the crafting window and the examine window.
  • Bugfix: When a transported creature dies, it will be removed from all servers so as not to remain on your manage animals list.

Client changes:

The modern renderer is now an available option:
To enable the modern renderer, in the launcher settings (not ingame) go to the graphics tab, and under renderer select Modern, Legacy will be the old renderer.
The modern renderer contains a vast amount of changes and improvements, namely:

• It can display unlimited amount of lights on the screen (addresses light flickering).
  • Trees and grass should no longer slow the client down on older machines.
  • Performance is overall better than the Legacy renderer.
  • Traditional antialiasing setting does not work with it, use the FXAA postprocess option.
  • New (and future) graphics features and changes will often be only available using the new renderer.

Titles and more
Last update saw the new titles come in, along with the surprise of double barrel titles, AND village role showing! We hope it generated some excitement to see, and certainly enjoyed watching you all work out which titles corresponded with what skills, as well as showing off your best combination (I'm still a fan of Tim the toolman tailor). It's awesome to see people working together to figure things out (as long as it's not unbalancing to not know) and it was fun for us too, I'm still working towards Sturdy Light Bastion myself! 

Friendalong
wWeSn4G.jpg

Vynora overlooks a foal as white as milk

The pristine friendship bay impalong, or friendalong, was on this weekend, and it was fun! I dropped in several times, and managed to score a total of 9 kills! (Sorry elsa and tomatoes). It's fun to see everyone working together and helping each other, and some of the fights were pretty fun! I let pingpong win a fight against me, once I actually tried though we decided to call it a draw before i turned him into pingpong paste. 

I also received an offering from our Valrei Entertainment Network streamer Fabricant! 

Priest and spell overhaul
Along with a discussion about the PvP changes that went live last update, Sindusk mentioned that he is currently working on the long desired priest overhaul. It's still a major work in progress, but the aim is to touch on almost every facet of priests and each spell individually, as well as how they fit on the whole. 

It will soon be entering internal testing, where we will focus on balance and mechanics working, before opening to public testing for players to jump in and see how it feels and flows. We'll keep you all updated on how this goes, but in the meantime, feel free to share your thoughts on rite spells in this thread here:

Modern renderer
The new modern renderer is now live, and what a difference it can make! The biggest current one is in lighting, with much improved systems that enable more lights with better performance! It's not all the new renderer brings though, and we'll be working hard on realising our goals with it, changing the visual landscape of Wurm greatly. This, along with saromans work on normal and specular mapping as well as various other projects are a concentrated effort not only in updating our rendering systems, but improving the visual feel of the game as a whole. 

To enable  the modern renderer, in the launcher click on the gear icon, and go to the graphics tab, selecting modern from the rendering options will enable the new renderer upon launching the game.

Just popping in 
As part of our ongoing visual works, Samool has been working on reducing the "pop in effect" of trees and objects. The pop in effect is when an object goes from distance rendering (e.g. the 2D images of trees) to the 3D models, this is quite sudden and makes it painfully obvious what is happening. 

To help eliminate how jarring it is, we'll be introducing a fade in effect that is less sudden and hopefully makes it a little less in your face:

That's it from us this week, I know it's a little light on all the juicy things but I'll be working with the dev team on making sure that there's plenty more to come, so stick around and stay tuned, and as always, keep on Wurming! 

Retrograde &  the Wurm team.

Oh wait, there IS one more thing:

DNd2M1A.png

Until next time! 

Edited by Keenan
Retro can't punctuate.
  • Like 21

5 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I also received an offering from our Valrei Entertainment Network streamer Fabricant! 

THE POOR NUGGETS, i witnessed that murder, you will pay

• Like 3

Indeed Retro, that was an awesome Impalong. You nearly had us with that Avatar of Libia boss fight at the end.

1 minute ago, Lisabet said:

BABY UNICORN!! ?

OMG Lisabet you were seconds faster than me. ?

• Like 1

please have them go in before mine give birth!! :P

• Like 1

I promised more information about the priest overhaul, so I'll mention a couple things specifically regarding spells (there's many aspects of the overhaul outside of just spell changes):

There will be new spells - Completely new spells with new mechanics are being introduced across all deities.

Some spells are getting full reworks - For example, Tangleweave now has a completely different purpose and role in the game, despite having a similar effect.

Linked enchant favor being reduced - Venom, Mind Stealer, and Life Transfer will require 100 favor after the update, so they can be cast without linking by those who have perfect faith. New spells will follow the same format.

Offensive spell rebalance - Offensive spells now scale differently against PvE and PvP targets. This will mean hitting a wolf with Fire Heart and decent channeling should take a proper chunk of their health compared to a Troll.

Body Strength to Soul Strength - Spells will use Soul Strength instead of Body Strength for DR calculations in both PvE and PvP.

It's nearing completion. Once it enters testing, we'll start opening the floodgates for information, and you'll see everything it has to offer.

• Like 13

6 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

I promised more information about the priest overhaul, so I'll mention a couple things specifically regarding spells (there's many aspects of the overhaul outside of just spell changes):

There will be new spells - Completely new spells with new mechanics are being introduced across all deities.

Some spells are getting full reworks - For example, Tangleweave now has a completely different purpose and role in the game, despite having a similar effect.

Linked enchant favor being reduced - Venom, Mind Stealer, and Life Transfer will require 100 favor after the update, so they can be cast without linking by those who have perfect faith. New spells will follow the same format.

Offensive spell rebalance - Offensive spells now scale differently against PvE and PvP targets. This will mean hitting a wolf with Fire Heart and decent channeling should take a proper chunk of their health compared to a Troll.

Body Strength to Soul Strength - Spells will use Soul Strength instead of Body Strength for DR calculations in both PvE and PvP.

It's nearing completion. Once it enters testing, we'll start opening the floodgates for information, and you'll see everything it has to offer.

Well, this will be very interesting...

• Like 1

Oh my goodness. Look at that babby unicorn! And the priest stuff from Sindusk!

Very exciting stuff, can't wait to see it live.

Also, I just want to mention that I did bring Nuggets to Aion. The Nuggets were cared for and protected, despite Aions animal form. A benevolent deity who will be worshipped.

Retro, on the other hand, wasted no time on ripping hearts out. There was also the time he tried to kill me which was a bit rude. Your actions against the Nuggets will be remembered.

#SaveTheNuggets

• Like 2

?I'm an Illuminated Dreamweaver. ?

Edited by Wiolo

4 hours ago, Retrograde said:

Oh wait, there IS one more thing:

DNd2M1A.png

This would be great if the new addition included some tasty recipe's.

unicorn on a stick

bebecorndogs

roasted unicorn

unicorn pot pie

candied unicorns

unicorn cookies

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Lisabet said:

please have them go in before mine give birth!! :P

you can use runes to keep it as baby 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tamat said:

you can use runes to keep it as baby 

dont think so, could only turn the clock back ever so slightly on my hell horses

those runes suck really

9 hours ago, Retrograde said:

<Fabricant> Keenan does his deeds like he does updates. It's going to take three attempts. - Upon seeing Null Point founded three times. 

01:01:26 <@Keenan> [01:00:45] The settlement of Null Point has just been founded by Keenan.
01:01:59 <@Keenan> Budda: I named my deed after your coding style
01:02:23 <@Budda> rude

• Like 11

8 hours ago, Sindusk said:

I like all the new changes mentioned, thoe i am curious, can we expect to see some sort of changes that will make the now likely defunct Vynora and Nahjo battery useful for something else, or should I expect some really cheap priests soon, and a drop in subs?

I'm rather hoping we'll get a free switch in religion, with no faith loss...

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Roccandil said:

Hoping the same thing, really just because I don’t want to see functionality moved from on a character I’ve invested a lot of time into to a different religion I would have chosen in the beginning. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roccandil said:

Major changes like this will come with a faith swap. 

The full details are not yet concrete, even sindusks comments are not 100% set and subject to change which is why we haven't shared specifics, but we will once it is all up for public testing. 

• Like 9

12 hours ago, Sindusk said:

priest in its current form, no matter how powerful the offensive spell is, is useless with the slow rate of favor regen, no one is going to spend hours filling gems with favor to just go around nuking puppies and trolls

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Retrograde said:

Major changes like this will come with a faith swap. 

Oh my s***ness thank you so much, I hit 100 faith a week ago and was a tad nervous.
Thank you dev team.

Edited by Wiolo
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Sindusk said:

Very good idea. However, it might be difficult for Fo priests to grind soul strength on the freedom cluster. On the epic cluster, digging gives soul strength already, so perhaps make this true for the freedom cluster also?

• Like 1

this has nothing to do with anything mentioned but i bring it up every couple months:

can we please get client launcher thats from 2018? for instance the blizzard launcher I'm sure most people are familiar with is an app that you use to launch WoW and other games made by blizzard

the application itself is persistent and stays open even if you've launched a client, updates on its own without needing to be closed and reopened and would just be a huge QoL if we could get something like that for wurm (given how many times per day people launch clients)

is something like this not achievable with java?  is it just too much work or not something the team is interested in having for the game?

• Like 1