Sign in to follow this  
Kelody

Unannounced nerf to smelting pots

Smelting pots are still reducing ql and weight by 10%.

Being able to up smelt lump ql by improving and smelting stuff is a usefully feature. I certainly hope Wurm isn't planning to kill it by leaving that 10% ql loss nerf in place.

2 hours ago, Halebel said:

wts pitchforks and torches hmu

Ql and any enchants? Sorry but I only lynch in style.

Having both the weight and ql loss in place sounds like en overkill to the smelting process. It does not really address the original issue (except at high qls and higher weight items), but punishes legit use of smelting pots.

Is there an ETA for a change? I have some unwanted high ql items where I would terribly want to reuse the metal.

Never quite understood the arbitrary use of smelting pots. Imo there should be a skill attached to it, whether its blacksmithing or metallurgy or something. Lower skill has a higher chance of "ruining" the lumps and lowering the quality.

Unless I am talking out of my rear chute and thats how it works...? Its been a while since I have used a smelting pot.

On 8/1/2018 at 1:33 PM, Sindusk said:

Hey now, put the pitchforks away. There's no conspiracy here.

This was a change done in response to the smelting exploit immediately after the recent issue regarding the QL increase on creation. It was done prior to the July 10th Hotfix which reverted the change. The original idea was to counteract that QL increase with a QL penalty on smelting pots, which would essentially render the QL increase from imbues useless for exploitation at higher qualities. The code was done for it, but there was flaws in execution: it impacts players without imbues and who use smelting pots legitimately in a negative way.

Fast forward a bit, the problem has been resolved (the change was reverted), and we've done a bunch of work for the recent patch and that change was left unattended and basically forgotten for the July 26th patch. As of this post this is actually the first time we realize the mistake. We'll be reviewing the change and we'll update you when more information is available. In the meantime, sorry for the miscommunication.

Been a month and no "update". Has this been changed? I didn't notice it when I read patch notes.

my own recent Smelting pot test(61ql pot) 30.42ql 3kg shield turned to 24.71ql 2.60kg lump......20% loss on QL and about 14% loss on weight