Sign in to follow this  
christopher

wurm wont play

played on old laptop for last yr , bought new gaming flashy laptop for wurm new, can do everything but play the game.  yes installed java hit play button and opens jnlp file send me to    view downloads internet explorer   says do I want to open or save this file and that's all I can do just doubles file when I do anything    ,asus tec x64 basedpc windows 10 decktop rm39bt7

Edited by christopher

this might sound stupid but relogged/rebooted after java install? (normally not needed but you never know)

have you tried saving the file and running as admin?

when viewing the downloads oyu can go to folder ,what happens when you open the file from the folder there?

just flashes when hit open button and downloads writing appears when u hit save button says wurm client[13jnlp 520 kb downloads

and as admin? 

if it just flashes, I presume it either does not have permissions or doesn't find java? although I'm not knowledgable in how wurm works, so take it with a grain of salt.

Sounds like your system thinks it needs windows edge to open it, not java

Right click > open with, and go to C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_181\bin and find javaws.exe, selecting that should launch it

• Like 1

right click n open what and then I will try the rest sorry I'm dumb.i have the geek guys coming tomorrow to work it out if I cant tonight .soon ill get on old laptop were I can play for a few hrs thanks for trying to help me guys or girls lol

Edited by christopher
adding to

Right click and open the .jnlp file that you save from the main Wurm Online website and open it with the javaws as Retrograde explained.