Sign in to follow this  
Quostin

When you...

4 hours ago, Gumbo said:

No matter how you try to frame it, the PoK folks don't get as much as non-PoK people.  You're attempting to justify this to people you're giving the shaft to. You want to make it fair for every premium player, then only implement the "major perk" that saves folks from losing their Body stats, then tell everyone else if they want to protect their skills, change to PoK.  Once again Wurm makes a move to chase away more players who feel screwed over yet again.  If you haven't noticed in the last year, the premium player numbers are down 800, a whopping 25% drop.  Now,  I'm all for updates and new content etc,  but when you implement things that aren't equal for everyone, you create a negative atmosphere. Wurm has been bleeding 2.2 premium players every day, for a year.  Perhaps it's time to stop screwing over your core player base, by belittling the accomplishments they worked years to get.  Unless of course your business model is to lose 25% of your customers annually.

You are already enjoying a massive boost to skill gain with PoK, and will still be ahead of everyone that does not follow this path.

You were all for the nerf to Sotg, easy to make those calls when it don't affect your game play.

Edited by JakeRivers

17 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

You are already enjoying a massive boost to skill gain with PoK, and will still be ahead of everyone that does not follow this path.

You were all for the nerf to Sotg, easy to make those calls when it don't affect your game play.

What are you talking about?  I'm not sure I even know what that SotG nerf was.  Are you just making things up? Because I don't think I even made an appearance or comment in any SotG threads.

1 hour ago, Gumbo said:

I'm not sure who you may be referring to here, but just in case it's me, I will requote myself because maybe you missed it and I wouldn't want people to get the wrong impression about me due to your lack of reading comprehension.  If it's someone else you're referring to, then pls ignore.

"Now,  I'm all for updates and new content etc,  but when you implement things that aren't equal for everyone, you create a negative atmosphere."

Not necesarily just you, Gumbo, but many other players in general. Its a common sentiment for older players to want to halt releases and loudly complain about change because "they did it the hard way". Changes like those who allowed Epic players to join us on Freedom are loudly complained about by those most entrenched. I am not attacking any player directly. Instead, I am speaking against the overall sentiment. 

Any meaningful change to the game will impact someone negatively. When the Food changes were released, players complained about how now they had 4 other things to worry about. My best friend was one of those. Newbie Angelklaine at the time could not understand why the change was bad for him. It gave bonuses to those who decided to use the new mechanics, while not changing a thing for those who didn't. Yet "it made things easier". Armor changes from Epic are being stopped from going live on Freedom because "the market will be affected." Even my favorite change of all, Iron Plate, was recieved with mixed feelings, with many old time plate smiths complaining that new players dont have to do the steel grind to make use of it anymore.

Its all smoke and mirrors.

Every game needs changes. Changes will invariably change the status quo, thats why its named "change" and not "addition". Games such as World of Warcraft make your gear completely worthless with each expansion, or games like EVE Online make your entire ship doctrine worthless with each release. We players need to be prepared for these changes and adjust, and look for better ways to make the best of whats new. If we don't welcome the changes and push against them, then the devs will stop making them and the game will go into maintenance mode, and eventually will die more faster than it will by a couple of dinosaurs leaving with a tantrum over some silly thing very few people care about.

I don't know about you, but I rather not see the game die.

On 8/11/2018 at 12:59 AM, Angelklaine said:

Not necesarily just you, Gumbo, but many other players in general.

All I asked for, was a free Refresh to compensate for getting nothing. 

Imagine going to go to a movie, buying a drink and popcorn then sitting down.  Moments later, the theatre manager steps up and says "hey all, free drinks and popcorn for everybody, oh except for anyone who purchased a drink and popcorn before you came in, you get nothing." 

Well I feel ripped off, and a minor gesture on behalf of the staff, such as something pretty meaningless as a Refresh would have removed my feelings of being ripped off / excluded.  They decided not to comply, they are the ones creating a poor atmosphere.

Edit: tiepo

Edited by Gumbo

as sindusk said, adding refresh to PoK will cheapen it for those who took PoL, creating the exact thing you feel slighted by, someone else getting something that was a factor in your meditation path decision.

PoK gives all stats and skills bar fighting protection, which covers 130+ of your list, as opposed to those without PoK and 99+ in a skill, which would likely be 1-5 of their skills IF they even have a 99 in something, it would really be silly to grind something to 99 to save it vs going PoK, meditation to 50 is way quicker. 

The entire meditation rework is on the cards, we understand you are personally frustrated by this change  but that's not a good enough reason to refrain from adding a major QoL thing for players who spend the time and dedication grinding to 99, I think they'd be nuts to do it without the 25% bonus, and it's likely not to be a factor in anyone choosing any path over PoK, but it will provide some minor benefit to those who havent made the right choice months ago  (personally I'm not even at 50 meditation, but im bad at this game)

That said, this is obviously a change to the overall benefits of PoK and the no skill loss system, so when the meditation overhaul does come, it will certainly play a factor in the balancing of it all, and may be an opportunity to adjust some things for PoK too, but it's just not a big enough change to warrant spending time adjusting it now. 

• Like 1

I was one of those nuts who grinded to 100 without the 25% bonus... or even an affinity in it...

• Like 2

Just now, Quostin said:

I was one of those nuts who grinded to 100 without the 25% bonus... or even an affinity in it...

you're a nut

12 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

as sindusk said, adding refresh to PoK will cheapen it for those who took PoL, creating the exact thing you feel slighted by, someone else getting something that was a factor in your meditation path decision.

You seem to be forgetting that PoL folks will be getting their 99 skills protected, so they aren't being slighted as you say, if a Refresh were to be given to PoK folks.

25 minutes ago, Gumbo said:

All I asked for, was a free Refresh to compensate for getting nothing. 

free refresh?

change over to love then or eat a rock like everyone else does

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JakeRivers said:

free refresh?

change over to love then or eat a rock like everyone else does

Uh huh..  did you find any comments of me in any SotG threads yet?  How about you prove the accusation you made against me before moving on to something new.. either that or retract the BS you said about me.

Take it to pm guys, no one cares.

@GumboWhy do you pay attention to Jake? Just ignore him. Everyone knows he feeds off forum bs like a Sea Cucumber.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Gumbo said:

Uh huh..  did you find any comments of me in any SotG threads yet?  How about you prove the accusation you made against me before moving on to something new.. either that or retract the BS you said about me.

Alright, it was just a shot in the dark, I paint all jk with the same brush.

My point though is this, there has been much bigger changes to other meditation paths that actually made them less effective, this change does not even affect anyone who follow this path or is a change in the path itself, it is more like the bigger changes of the epic accounts for freedom. 

Wurm has so many dumb ways to get die, you could just be digging or mining, or accidentally log into rock, never mind getting killed off by a burst of lag or any other of dozens of methods. I recently lost nearly 2pts of my over 90 skills on one death, rng can be a true kicker once in a while. I would not be opposed to having the over 90 skills protected, but its nothing compared to loosing .25 of a 100 skill. If it happened often enough I myself would change over to PoK, but I do try to keep my mishaps to once a year or so.

I did took PoK because falling to my death from my mountain sucked on 90+ skills...

Deaths are a once in a while now... but maybe we could see protected fighting skill on the PvE side only... because it has nothing to do with PvP, more a matter of stupid disconnections, bugs or random uniques.

Now, that being said, the 25% boost is still nice to have.

• Like 1

I went PoK because I have an embarrassing affinity for death. I'm still able to do a dance of happiness over the change allowing any skill over 99 to be protected.

I'm still happily staying PoK because I want to protect my lower skills, and have the skillgain bonus. I still die embarrassing deaths (fyi: don't afk near a champ croc without a LT weapon), I still benefit from PoK.

As will you.

• Like 4

i should read up on POK i am one of the sheep that jumped over to love because i have a future plan of a deed..  ma-be we should have a qol change to make it easier to change paths from a higher path level and at a consequentlee higher meditation level.. this would make switching less time intense just make it skill intense so u get more frequent meditation attempts while doing ur switch like it was below 20 skill..or before all ur half hour slots are used.. what do u g/g think??

I am thinking about whether i should keep pol or switch i was told pok was useless besides scanning the horizon.. for creepies etc...

4 hours ago, Psalamon said:

i should read up on POK i am one of the sheep that jumped over to love because i have a future plan of a deed..  ma-be we should have a qol change to make it easier to change paths from a higher path level and at a consequentlee higher meditation level.. this would make switching less time intense just make it skill intense so u get more frequent meditation attempts while doing ur switch like it was below 20 skill..or before all ur half hour slots are used.. what do u g/g think??

I am thinking about whether i should keep pol or switch i was told pok was useless besides scanning the horizon.. for creepies etc...

useless?  No skill loss and permanent 25% skill gain, I don't think that's useless, depending on your playstyle.  I have an unsubbed PoL alt I use for enchanting grass tiles.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:00 PM, Retrograde said:

I've spoken with the dev team and protecting high skills has been something that's floated around for a while. 

While there's no direct ETA on it, we will be looking at introducting protection for high skills, likely 99+ from loss upon death 

Late to the thread but.. thank the player gods.  My 100 LMS grind will be less stressful without worrying about crashing/disconnecting during combat.

In my current small village, the mains have PoK, PoI, PoH.

The priests (alts) all have PoL to able to make lots of enchanted grass everytime we build/rebuild a deed.

• Like 1