Sign in to follow this  
Quostin

When you...

Afraid to come back to the game without premium in fear of dying and losing  your 100 bowyery skill. :(

I don't think there any guard towers where I am. I don't even know if the village I'm in exist... and my boat probably rotted. Last played was before christmas 2016 I think after the yearly christmas mass gathering thingy happened and when I hit 100 Bowyery.

I just wish 100 skill = can't lose it.

Yes, I know there is that thing you don't lose skill on death... but one death and hitting 100 = 6+ months to get to 100 again...

Just log in and don't move, you'll be invulnerable. Or just reprem. 

4 hours ago, Quostin said:

Afraid to come back to the game without premium in fear of dying and losing  your 100 bowyery skill. :(

Where did you log out at? Someone could meet you there and provide guard duty. ;)

Or just prem a character to not risk losing weeks of grind

What is your server? We could coordinate your safe rescue. Locate soul and bucketloads of patience say we can.

I guess those are good options. I may jump on to see what around me, and then probably jump off real quick if it get dodgy. I honestly have no clue what equipment I have on...

If only there was an easy way to get all your skills back up to their normal level, perhaps by paying some nominal fee...then you wouldn't have to worry about getting ganked by random passing wildlife.

I just really need to get the meditate passive so I don't lose skill points... still a ways away from it last I remember.

10 hours ago, Wonka said:

If only there was an easy way to get all your skills back up to their normal level, perhaps by paying some nominal fee...then you wouldn't have to worry about getting ganked by random passing wildlife.

Hey man, wildlife has to grind their fight skill too!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

DOGGO2.png.2061feb19ccb86dd25bcdb1325338c0f.png

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Angelklaine said:

That's just crazy talk!

meat_eaters.jpg

• Like 5

Anyways... What did I miss between christmas 2016 to now 2018? Anything major I should know about or be scared about?

Haha. I decided to log on and notice most of the village is gone.

Someone must have gotten rich with the 150+ bows that was 95 quality or higher.

funny i dont recall any bowery fire sale.. but i was away for a few months

Well, it happened probably.. mid 2017? It is also possible that they just decayed and broke apart. My whole house went poof with everything in it, other than a table and food storage.

At least my two boats still exist... Thank god I keep my Supreme bow set in my inventory.

I never thought about it until reading this thread, but the -0.25 hit to skill is ridiculous at high levels.

Going from legendary to 99.75 is a loss of more than 2/3 of your total skill, in terms of the time and effort to get there.

With with the 3x bonus, grinding 99.75 back to legendary is the equivalent of grinding 1 to 99.07 all over again.

Even -0.01 at legendary takes away almost half of your total time spent on the skill.

The skill loss penalty really needs to scale down with level, because losing that much time is really dumb.

• Like 11

Yep. If I lose the .25 from my 100... that's basically 3-5 months I have to grind to get it back.

I remember how fast I got to 99. I thought people was joking when they said the final 1 point would be just about as long as the 99, or even longer. It was worst than that...

That's why I always felt that hitting 100 should be an auto lock in. No loss on that skill. No need to sacrifice meditation line just so you don't lose a skill on death. I'll easily take the .25 from 99.9 and below. No problem. Be a week worth or so to get back. But taking .25 from 100... Yeah... Thank god you don't lose titles for going under the requirement to get the title.

I can understand people telling you to get a meditation to a certain skill to not lose skill points, but that takes months to get to. During those months, are you really going to coward from everything in fear of losing your 100? What if I wanted to raise my archery? I would be terrified to go out in the field and fight with a risk of dying. Sure, that death may not hit bowyery. I had a panic attack when grinding. I was at 99.9995 and died because my game crashed and pretty sure you don't get logged out right away. When I logged on, I was dead. I had to walk away without looking at what I lost. I was so angry that I may have just lost 3+ months of work because of a crash.

Edited by Quostin
  • Like 2

If the risk of loss is putting some people off logging in, that can't be very good for the player, the game, or anyone.

I hope you find some friendly civilisation soon Quostin, so you can work on your meditation in relative safety. :) 

They do. Yes. I understand dying should have a punishment, but isn't it already punishing enough to avoid literally anything that moved or looks like a big drop just to get to 100? You already risking loss time trying to get to 100. Other than a pretty title that you can choose (unless you didn't get to it first), it should be locked not to go down!

We will see what I do. MHW comes out tomorrow and probably play that for a bit until I'm bored and come back here.

I've spoken with the dev team and protecting high skills has been something that's floated around for a while. 

While there's no direct ETA on it, we will be looking at introducting protection for high skills, likely 99+ from loss upon death 

• Like 13

20 minutes ago, Retrograde said:

I've spoken with the dev team and protecting high skills has been something that's floated around for a while. 

While there's no direct ETA on it, we will be looking at introducting protection for high skills, likely 99+ from loss upon death 

Code's done. ETA next patch.

• Like 22

Oh my. This may actually let me play a bit more aggressive if this is the case!