Sign in to follow this  
Naiani

Strange crate making bug

I have been making crates since the last update, and have noticed a strange thing happening. I start a bunch of crates, get them in my inventory to complete them. I've noticed that when adding planks, it adds between 3-9 planks to the first crate, then removes that crate from the window, and starts adding planks to the next crate. This happens with each crate. I noticed because I was getting overburdened with so many partially completed crates in my window. I saw that I have 25 crates in my inventory, but only 15 in the window. I move the crates  back into the window, start adding planks again, and it finishes the partial crates. When I get to the end of the partial crates, it starts partially completing the crates again.

I have tried placing the crates in the left window, and in the right window, both make this happen.  The needed items also always stay at 15 planks even though I am adding planks. When I return the partially completed crates to the window, the counter shows the correct number of planks needed to finish the crate.

I noticed this topic as I've only just finished making some crates.

I was completing the crates on the ground as usual by right click adding them to the crafting interface as I go, and there were no problems with the crafting interface, each crate completed normally.

I make a lot of crates, but I've never yet continued crates from the inventory, so this is interesting to hear. Thank you for this post. :) 

I have noticed this happening when you change the type of wood plank you are attaching. It changes the craftable item ( crate, chest, anything with a wood type ) as you go along. So if you attach 5 birch planks, it's an "uncompleted birch large crate". If you then attach a cedar plank, it will change to an "uncompleted cedar large crate" and drop from your crafting window. If you then attach a pine plank, it'll change to an "uncompleted pine large crate" and once again drop from  your crafting window. Very annoying and very much acting like a bug.

Actually I like this new behaviour outside of crafting window, makes large batch creations easier and more streamlined if you use keybinds. Only place it is annoying in is the crafting window. I would be glad to see a solution where only the crafting window is fixed...

Edited by Jaz

I'll need confirmation from the dev team whether this is a bug or intended behaviour so I'll get back to this once I have it 

I have this when creating anything, it just removes it from the crafting window between 1-7 things added. If this is meant as intended behavior i think someone needs some serious talking to.

5 hours ago, Skarra said:

I have this when creating anything, it just removes it from the crafting window between 1-7 things added. If this is meant as intended behavior i think someone needs some serious talking to.

It happens every time it changes wood type, which happens any time you use a wood part that's of a different type than what you used before.

"easy" fix: Remove wood type from item type while being created since wood type always changes to the last piece added.

3 hours ago, zethreal said:

It happens every time it changes wood type, which happens any time you use a wood part that's of a different type than what you used before.

"easy" fix: Remove wood type from item type while being created since wood type always changes to the last piece added.

that is not the case here as i am using the same type of planks on the crates and bsb.At first i also thought it was due to wood type, so i started doing it with the same type of wood no matter what i did, and it still keeps happening and has for a while now. So in this case wood type have no effect :(