Sign in to follow this  
Degrath

Some suggestions on things I would love to see

I have a few suggestions I would like to see revisited as I am sure they have been posted before, I felt a new thread instead of resurrecting an old years dead topic would be better.

1. Docks / Piers - a bridge type item without railing or maybe only on one side. Something to park a ship next to that can be higher for the cog / caravel / corbita or lower for the knarr / sailboat / rowboat without having to pile up a ton of dirt. The ability to embark / disembark to and from and the ability to load/unload cargo onto.  Add a bollard item place-able only on docks or piers that can be rented like beds so players can lease slips for boats to be parked for land locked villages to have a safe non-decay point for their fleets. I understand with the current land bridge dirt method some of these things are possible but not very immersive or even attractive and for some of us that's a big part of this game.

2. Animals that make animal noises,  Cows that say moo, dogs that bark,  horses that neigh, chickens that cluck, cocks that cockadoodledoo etc etc... Make it so people can toggle this on or off if they don't like it but give us the choice to hear them. It is my understanding that this once existed in Wurm so maybe the frame work for it still exists in code and wouldn't require too much to make it happen? Quite alot of folks I have talked to don't even play with the sound on but maybe if there was something to hear other than a looped ambient tied to a tile group they might.

• Like 1

1. absolutely +1. also I feel like "moor to dock" (or whatever the name is of those things they use to moor ships to) sounds like a missing wurm feature :) it could even "place" the ship along the dock, so bad ship parking would be a thing of the past XD

2. they actually did that at some point and I understood they wanted to bring it back also? but last time they did it was quite obnoxious around animal hoarders Xd

As long as there would be some form of controls over the animals sounds the level of obnoxious could be mitigated somewhat.

it is very hard to believe that hardly anyone else has any input pro or con about this issue

Edited by Degrath

I would like to bring this back up as something that I would like to see in Wurm Online. I understand a whole change to the bridge system might not be something that can be addressed at this time with everything else that is being worked on. So maybe a compromise? Add a new bridge choice to the list "Flat Wooden No Rails" reuse the flat wooden code/models just crop off the rails,  a little copy here paste there, some blender snip snip on some meshes and poof new flattop bridge option :)