Sign in to follow this  
Vroomfondel

Tables, Lamps

I have finally gotten around to making a new house and started decorating it.  After making some tables, I realized that we need table lamps to place on them in some places.  Could we please get some table lamps?  You could make the different metals have different styles like has been done with hanging lamps and street lamps.  I fell silly with the idea of putting a hanging lamp next to a table instead.  It would also be nice to have hurricane oil lamps. but we still don't have glass.  Could you also consider adding the extra minerals needed for glass and get the glass making  skill going?  Lots of things we could have with glass, from windows to drinking glasses and more.

Edited by Vroomfondel

we have lanterns, candles, oil lamps and probably even the wooden torches... not sure if it would your decoration purpose or if you want something more specific... a few pictures would probably help if you have something in mind.

What I am wanting is something other than a candelabra to place on the tables and instead of having tp place it next to the table, I want to place it on the table.  As an example, they could take the copper hanging lamp head and make it a lamp that can be place on the table, filled, and lit.  I've tried to use just the lamp head and it won't work.  You cannot do any of these things right now, except for the lantern and oil lamp, and the oil lamp is quite dim, even at high ql and painted with very high ql white paint.  Lanterns are ugly sitting on a table, I want something that looks better.  With the new metals they could work on different styles based on the copper hanging lamp head for a start.  If they ever got around to adding glass, we would have the material for the chimney of a hurricane lamp.  Glass existed long before medieval times, so it would not be wrong in the scene like some items, for instance caravels.

I put a metal torch on my table and it looks awesome. :) 

But I don't like the torches, and I would only consider them right for a dining table.  I am working on a bedroom suite and it just won't look right with all the  other, finer items in the room, such as the canopy bed and the wardrobe.  We have a lot of different lights, can't we have a few more to match the new furniture?