Sign in to follow this  
Prophetears

The State of Raiding

Well i don't blame Panda for not taking the fight vs TC here, like why would they? They have zero chance of winning and just a lot to loose.

Problem is that you more or less have to have gear worth over 100€ to even be viable in PVP unless you have the numbers and right now TC is the kingdom that outclass pretty much all other kingdoms on chaos when it comes to number and gear. Not their fault tho more impressive that they managed to keep people around really.

Implement the Epic armour code and balance raiding more n cause to be able to repair from inside a mine for example shouldn't be possible. I mean people will be way mroe careful to pvp when it is 100€ worth of gear on the line...

To make raiding a lot more easy wouldn't make any difference part from the big kingdom being alone cause constantly rebuilding deeds sucks and people would just give up and leave.

Im glad Panda is around on Chaos even tho it sucks to try to raid them they do come out at times, they went to our deed in the middle of the night for most of us and stole boats etc, they are just like other kingdoms and choose their times. Wouldn't make much sense for them to attack us when they know we would have a lot more numbers then them..they would just end up dying and losing their gear if so.

Edited by Meep
  • Like 6

@FranktheTankYou're right, dying and losing high end gear is too expensive of a loss. I think thats another issue that needs to be dealt with, lower end weapons and armour need to be cheaper to produce and made more effective. The example I made was just an attempt to try and show how it frustrates those who want more pvp.

Edited by Madt

Sounds kinda unlikely though, due to RMT.

Anything that'll drop the paypal value of stuff on Wurm gets summarily shot down every single time.

24 minutes ago, Madt said:

Tbh, can you blame the frustration? Why would you want to have people on the same pvp server as you if they refuse to pvp? You'd kick a player from a tf2 or some other FPS match if all they did was sit in spawn and not actually play and fight.

What does account sharing have to do with anything?

i cannot, but like frank said, other fps games doesn't involve this kind of money what we have to use here to compete.

Account sharing... well if that was banned from game. That would mean there wouldn't be 10 year old accounts ready to dominate everyone in game and that way we get slightly easier targets in game as you have to grind your way up yourself. "PvP ready" would mean lesser accounts in stats and faster pace to get people into PvP. That would also mean there wouldn't be high end accounts 24/7 available or 3 champions constantly on guard when 1 "main" dude is online ready to log in all the major dudes or kingdom priests able to spam locate or reinforcements all the time during raids etc.

More strategics are required after that like how would you place your 3 champions in kingdom, all in same timezone to dominate there or 1 to all timezones for equal defense/attack power or place kingdom priests only for most active pvp times to be ready for raids etc. ... just few examples since it affects everything on pvp.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mordraug said:

Sounds kinda unlikely though, due to RMT.

Anything that'll drop the paypal value of stuff on Wurm gets summarily shot down every single time.

It would have that effect, but for the sake of improving the quality of the game I'd say that's a fair consequence to have to endure. Wurm isn't supposed to be a RL money making machine. It's a perk, but not a vital part of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Meep said:

Well i don't blame Panda for not taking the fight vs TC here, like why would they? They have zero chance of winning and just a lot to loose.

Problem is that you more or less have to have gear worth over 100€ to even be viable in PVP unless you have the numbers and right now TC is the kingdom that outclass pretty much all other kingdoms on chaos when it comes to number and gear. Not their fault tho more impressive that they managed to keep people around really.

Implement the Epic armour code and balance raiding more n cause to be able to repair from inside a mine for example shouldn't be possible. I mean people will be way mroe careful to pvp when it is 100€ worth of gear on the line...

To make raiding a lot more easy wouldn't make any difference part from the big kingdom being alone cause constantly rebuilding deeds sucks and people would just give up and leave.

Im glad Panda is around on Chaos even tho it sucks to try to raid them they do come out at times, they went to our deed in the middle of the night for most of us and stole boats etc, they are just like other kingdoms and choose their times. Wouldn't make much sense for them to attack us when they know we would have a lot more numbers then them..they would just end up dying and losing their gear if so.

One thing though, we took the fight. We defended the deed, I've spent my vacation rocking 30 + hours spamming bricks and mortars.

I personally stayed up 48 hours straight making sure we didn't break and we didn't.

For you who didn't know the raid took part for six days straight with a max of 8 hours of break to as little as 2 hours break per day

An argument that often shows up that people like to paint is that this was easily done  , I can assure you that it was not.

This took blood , sweat and a lot of long hours for us to pull together.

lzC5Exo.png

One of many on our discord channel , ofc not everyone is like me , but don't say it was easy defending this.

ADDITION : Many more people in Panda did a simular thing , I was not alone doing this.

Edited by Sn00
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, Themystrix said:

Aye, TC has stated multiple times that they will disband all other kingdoms except WU and VD since they are not pvping, i guess now that VD ain't doing much in eyes of TC, it has changed to only WU and TC to hold their hands under the moonlight so they would remain the 2 last kingdoms aaaaand now they are failing to disband pandas... well, its only obvious to whine about it. ......

1 hour ago, Madt said:

Tbh, can you blame the frustration? Why would you want to have people on the same pvp server as you if they refuse to pvp? You'd kick a player from a tf2 or some other FPS match if all they did was sit in spawn and not actually play and fight.

1 hour ago, Madt said:

The example I made was just an attempt to try and show how it frustrates those who want more pvp.

so how does removing kingdoms from the map encourage more pvp, frustration is just a justification and nothing else

I didn't see much raiding on wild so I cannot comment there.  Early epic and the first couple years, raiding was pretty simple, we only had the goal of a drain as a "win", and we only destroyed as much as one wall per house.  We looted only what was an upgrade, or fancy stuff like gems.  If someone died to us we outright told them we aren't interested in camping them or killing them a second time so we wont seek them out but if they attack us obviously we will kill them.  We had friendly conversations in local with many enemy.  I've even spent time in irc talking to enemy afterwards giving tips and ideas on how to improve their deed or better tactics to defend.  Somewhere along the line this slowly turned into every side adding in more and more griefing and looting to the point where we in mr nuked a deed with wrath of magranon in retaliation to make it stop happening to us.  The change in raiding ethics along with the sheer boredom of it completely turns me off to it.  But ofc it still happened, and often as the main groups of players deeds got stronger, the targets for raids became the easy pickings of noobs/newer/inexperienced players which while people will sit there spiting chips crying how you don't pvp if you say this is bad, it's very bad.  It's outright toxic to player retention, and in practically every situation I've seen, its the aggressors claiming it's to encourage them to pvp

I don't care how legit intentions are by anyone of any kingdom in this thread or otherwise.  If you make it faster to raid legitimately, such as removing war deeds or just simple drains, the fact of the matter is that it flat out will be abused in toxic ways

• Like 12

just some points id like to make clear that some people overlook.

gear now is less valuable than its been in a long time

current raid mechanics encourage more destruction than necessary because in most cases it is necessary to proceed. (e.x. destroying 40 house walls instead of 2 to be able to lower the dirtwall to a sufficient enough point to proceed.)

also @whereami, we own no older, existing deeds in the south outside of two. One is a random one that none of us understand the point of that was dropped by someone who then went to freedom and hasn't come back since, and the other we simply used to found the PMK originally and we haven't put any upkeep in since. I'm not really sure what you're talking about, as none of us ever even go down there, and most of us haven't even seen those deeds since we founded. Look at our living areas south of HOTA.

1 hour ago, Prophetears said:

just some points id like to make clear that some people overlook.

gear now is less valuable than its been in a long time

current raid mechanics encourage more destruction than necessary because in most cases it is necessary to proceed. (e.x. destroying 40 house walls instead of 2 to be able to lower the dirtwall to a sufficient enough point to proceed.)

also @whereami, we own no older, existing deeds in the south outside of two. One is a random one that none of us understand the point of that was dropped by someone who then went to freedom and hasn't come back since, and the other we simply used to found the PMK originally and we haven't put any upkeep in since. I'm not really sure what you're talking about, as none of us ever even go down there, and most of us haven't even seen those deeds since we founded. Look at our living areas south of HOTA.

Pretty much none of this is correct.

• Like 1

Are we supposed to just take your word for it or can you prove that?

6 hours ago, Maxthx said:

Pretty much none of this is correct.

Uh...

Scale and drake is more common than ever, its cheaper than it was a year ago.

Moonmetal is more common than ever, and continues to become more and more common.

Valrei tomes were introduced, and become more and more common every day.

Rare prices are steadily dropping, you can pretty much get anything you want for 2s, because again, more and more common.

By common, i mean, more and more are being produced every day, and we get maybe 1 new player a month, if that who may not have those items.

The second is pretty much fact, i'm not real sure how you would possibly dispute that

Whether or not scale and drake is a bit cheaper than it was a year ago, not many are interested in dropping 100-250-300 euro on armor that will get ganked off of them in the first few pvp battles.  When numbers basically win in a pvp fight, and plate is pretty damned near a death wish in those pvp fights, there isn't much fun to be had by anyone except the side with the numbers.  You may consider 100-300 euro to be cheap but I'm sorry I do not and many folks I know would agree.  If you want to push any changes, push for epic armor balances to be added to chaos.  Push for the epic loot system for enemies in local.  Why haven't I seen that pushed by TC? 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lisabet said:

If you want to push any changes, push for epic armor balances to be added to chaos.  Push for the epic loot system for enemies in local.  Why haven't I seen that pushed by TC? 

This is a joke right?

I mean, I am clearly not a defender of TC by any means, but they are the #1 pushers for Epic Armor changes and code changes to chaos, there are countless threads with them asking for that.

I know because I am almost always in opposition to it.

This post is pretty pathetic considering the confidence you showed less than a week ago.

Propheteer Last Wednesday at 9:47 PM
panda
why did you blow up your longhouse
and
replan them
smaller
so they are easier to destroy
you guys man.. come on lol
we aren't even seriously raiding yet

[01:49:03] <Gavin> u guys wanna merge with tc
[01:49:05] <Gavin> final offer
[01:49:17] <Gavin> this is going to be every day

Propheteer Last Thursday at 8:01 AM
we are removing their deed
because they dont need access to hota

I mean, shouldn't the "most important PVPer ever" (or however you describe yourself) have seen this coming? I guess this is just part of your usual scheme - rambling on.

Propheteer Last Thursday at 7:33 AM
i talk because im bored

I was a little bothered about this post at first. Perhaps this guy carries some weight in this community? Some people do respond positively to self-importance. But nahh, who can take you seriously Poop?

Propheteer Last Thursday at 8:00 AM
u know i have no investment in this game anymore

Hah, yeah right. I think this is more about your need to be top dog on the server than any regard to the server.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

This is a joke right?

I mean, I am clearly not a defender of TC by any means, but they are the #1 pushers for Epic Armor changes and code changes to chaos, there are countless threads with them asking for that.

I know because I am almost always in opposition to it.

Not a joke; yes I've seen the epic armor changes mentioned so I'll give them that.  But where are the requests for the epic loot code? I'd judge that they haven't asked for it because they're all about the loot.  This is the kingdom that's pushing for taunting merchants, when they fully admit to having 30 in their capital alone.  Last I checked Panda might have three, tops; and those might even be from folks that have gone inactive.  I can't speak for the other non TC kingdoms, nor will I try (I'm not like TC) but it seems that the onus of 'abuse' of merchants lays mostly on their own kingdom.

I know what an efficient raid looks like, and to me it kind of looked like half of TC was just sort of standing around.

Edited by Johnston

Ah those messages are enlightening, TC still pushing their forced eugenics program of "lets just have two kingdoms that would be best".

You people are sick.