Sign in to follow this  
AshesOfRebirth

Ashes of Eden II - 3x/3x PVP

eden3.png

Here is our new map. Thread updated as well. 

Join us, and reinforce the kingdoms! 

To those who were with us previously, we regret the tower issues we had, but it was beyond our control, it was our rented service that did a terrible mistake. All is clear to go now, stable and bug free and no more wipe planned. 

Edited by AshesOfRebirth

On 10/30/2018 at 1:21 PM, emoticondnd said:

Ahahahahahahahahaha. Duuuude.. this is the 3rd-4th time you reset the server in like 1-2 months:))))

People.. stop playing on this server where none knows how to configure it :))

Hey Duuuude, the server development has had extra support from experienced players this time around, and I am happy to report the server has been going very smoothly since launch. No bugs present and no wipes planned. This is actually a really solid server now, and players from the last wipe were fully compensated. Hope new players will consider giving this server a try.

Edited by Draulius

Well this server has been borderline dead for a long time, in my opinion from a range of ineffective decisions on how it was run. A couple of days ago, Alefgard the admin of Eden (Who also is 90% of the discord's chat as his alt, Kaycha, because it's dead otherwise) put up a post saying he wanted feedback and advice on how to get the server in better shape. A couple of us who had already quit gave advice, talking about how he never implemented Quality-of-Life mods, a lack of updates ever since the server launched again, and some other points. The worst I personally said was that lack of updates was "a bad move". This prompted Alefgard to return and ban us for giving the advice that he asked for, despite not being hostile when giving it.

Here we have a screencap of him reacting to being given advice:

ON5ESuB.png

Some of us definitely did have fallings out on this server, but ultimately we gave advice to try and make it a better server so there's more good places to play WU. The admin does not want that.

So listen to the admin, boys and girls; Don't play on Ashes of Eden.

Edited by paterso
Correction of phrasing

So you asked for feedback and improvements for the server, saying that you will listen and whatnot. Apparently i was hateful and spreading ######? Please point me out the parts where i was hateful to you or to anyone in that channel. I'd post my full logs but alas i don't have access to them anymore. Maybe you could do that for me and post them here in this thread? If not, i will give a brief rundown of what i said.

I gave you a rundown of what i think is wrong with the server and what improvements there should be to increase the playercount, starting at saying how WU is pretty much dead in general.

Anyway I went on by saying that PvP in WU isn't the best for attracting players because it was never a huge thing in WO either as most people tend to play and enjoy PvE. I had people in the channel agree with me in that regard, telling me that they are not interested in PvP.

I said that "epic is garbage" (which it is, but apparently some people find this offensive, and insulting somehow?) and i also said that nobody gives a ###### about scenarios, missions and all that stuff like that (which, again is pretty much true unless you have a huge dedicated playerbase playing, since those are usually done by big groups of people, which you don't have) since you have been only talking about these in the "what's next part"

So then i went on and asked what has been added to the server since release apart from HOTA and minor bugfixes, and went on to say that you need events, or anything to bring the community together and to break up the montous grind. Add QoL mods, or more mods in general that has been suggested to you that you ignored.  I gave you examples with the sort of events that you could do that are happening on other servers, (troll slaying on Sklotopolis, christmas raffle on Revenant and santa going around giving us gifts) since someone in the discord told me to give you more examples, to which i asked if you want us to spoonfeed you. I also recommended that you get rid of the player kingdoms and add one kingdom only with HOTA and pve zones.

I fail to see we were hateful or saying ######. You didn't even bother with events, or anything for christmas. Could people even receive gifts? I don't even know. 

Anyway good luck for your server. Just keep in mind that if it wasn't for me bringing Traslogan on board who in turn brought your only GM at this point who doesn't even play on board, you would probably not even be where you are now. 

Edited by atazs
  • Like 1

Haters will hate. 

Sounds like some people are mad they got banned for raising shitstorms. 

Thanks for showing you still had an alt on the discord though. 

"Never implemented QOL mods" I don't see where I have the obligation to cater to all your needs. If you wanted easy mode, go play an easy server. Wurm is about the grind, and if you don't like it, go play on a 1000000x server if that is your thing. 

You didn't give feedback, you spewed out paragraphs of hate. All from people who seemingly have no clue on how to run a server"

HAHAHA what you think you brought the GM? You mean the GM who said straight up after you were banned that maybe you guys should start your own server if you knew so much? You are all giving yourself too much importance. 

Ultimately, you guys always made problems around here, and many many times people made complaints about how you guys were acting. Especially that you have SO MUCH insight on my server, when you both don't even have 2 hours of playtime :P

6 minutes ago, AshesOfRebirth said:

Haters will hate. 

Sounds like some people are mad they got banned for raising shitstorms. 

Thanks for showing you still had an alt on the discord though. 

I was there when this happened. They did nothing but provide constructive feedback for the server, and no drama erupted in the chat. A day later you show up pissed off and banned both of them permanently. A shitstorm is just the false label you are putting on it because you overreact constantly and have proven time and time again you are ill-suited to handle these situations. Beware to those who wish to join this server, things have not been looking good.

Edited by Draulius

We have no alts in your discord. We raised valid concerns, we weren't hateful about it. However your GMs are good friends of ours and 99% of the advice you've been given ever since you had to remake your maps has come from me through your GMs to you, every iteration of your maps was sent to me and advice sent back to you from me. The settings for skillgain and action timers was me, and when your GMs recommended Quality of Life mods, that was because I rejoined and gave insight into what I felt would help.

Stuff like "You need to be spoonfed", "'have your eyes checked" and other passive aggressive comment wasn't constructive at all. You can't give advice while being antagonizing and patronising, that will never ever fly. 

"have your eyes checked" was an argument between you and me on a totally unrelated matter when you started white-knighting for video game devs, pretending nothing was valid criticism (Quite the habit, no?). Nice try quoting all the stuff you delete to make it seem like it was in this instance. I never even said "You need to be spoonfed" so you don't even know who you're misquoting now.

Have you considered updating the server this year yet instead?

Of course I deleted it, I didn't need 29 paragraphs of passive-aggressiveness. Plus I did ask in #news to come in private to talk, but you had to start a propaganda and make a show. 

Just the way talked in your last comment, we can clearly see how antagonizing you are. So snippy comments like "Quite the habit, no" is something you do on a daily basis, and is not a way to talk to someone when you want to drive a point accross. 

You've sat in here and mocked any reply that comes your way by making a joke out of it, but you get on your high-horse over any retort to your own behaviour. Buck up and realize that kind of behaviour is exactly why Eden is dead.

I believe, though it is hard to check what with you banning people, that you said in a news post that you'd like people to come into a private chat and talk. I see no reason to believe that would have helped. You ban people for tame criticism, what's not to say you wouldn't ban them for the same thing in a private chat. Don't reword it as if you directly offered it to me and no one else in an attempt to sate the issue.

Edited by paterso

32 minutes ago, AshesOfRebirth said:

Stuff like "You need to be spoonfed", "'have your eyes checked" and other passive aggressive comment wasn't constructive at all. You can't give advice while being antagonizing and patronising, that will never ever fly. 

I never said the words "have your eyes checked" and the spoonfeeding part was a question directed at another person whose name i can't remember now. I merely asked him "unless alef wants us to spoonfeed him". I asked that because he seemed to be asking me to provide specific details on events, and go into more detail on my feedback. How is this an insult? Like, surely as an admin and creator of the server you are capable of making decisions for the server, and come up with specific/original ideas for events and or how to run your server and not have us tell you everything? I merely gave you a foundation of issues that what i feel like are handled wrongly and or are the reason for why there arent many people. What you build on those foundations is up to you,  hence the question

Edited by atazs

All you've done is dismiss any criticism, tried to laugh everyone out, and I bet you're still not going to do any updates. You're now criticising QoL mods as easy, but you're the one who said you'd look into them (Though of course you just don't do updates irrespectively).

I would like to reference your latest rant on your forums though:

"Please, don't be passive-aggressive or mean. We're all adults, we can talk, but I won't tolerate personal attacks. I know some of you thinks I banned Atazs and Traslogan SOLELY on what being said in general, which wasn't the case, clearly they are omitting certain information of certain things that was said in private. So no fear of being banned"

I haven't even messaged you privately since your 4K map fell flat on its face months ago. Keep trying to lie or joke your way out of it though.

Just incase we need more proof of you lying or making it into a "woe is me" tale:

zdyQHWj.png

I get that there are still 4 or 5 loyal players on your discord, but no need to lie to them too.

Edited by paterso

Yeah i can't remember when the last time i talked with Alef in private, probably before the server was released. 

The only thing i can't move on is being banned from WO and it's been 4+ years :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AshesOfRebirth said:

"Never implemented QOL mods" I don't see where I have the obligation to cater to all your needs. If you wanted easy mode, go play an easy server. Wurm is about the grind, and if you don't like it, go play on a 1000000x server if that is your thing. 

Lol,

Your main post lists your Quality of Life mods.
By your own admission you are literally an easy server.

You still won't buck up and just talk to yourself in your general chat on discord like you do all the time. There's no community because there's no updates and the only thing you've done relating to the server in the past month is ban people and joke about it.

Edited by paterso