Sign in to follow this  
Oblivionnreaver

Client never unloads ram

Using preview client, about 10 minutes of sailing my client has gone from 1gb of ram up to 9gb already, quite often after a day of hunting i'm easily at 30-40gb ram used on a 64gb ram pc, even when the computer is at 100% ram used it'll never unload, often crashing my entire pc if i max out. Tried using normal and preview client and multiple versions of java tried, even tried on a fresh windows install and it still did it.

Interesting, I tested the Preview Client and mine only fluctuates between 1.2 and 1.5GB ram, depending on how populated the area is. Are you using the modern or classic renderer?

1 hour ago, Inventor said:

Are you using the modern or classic renderer?

Trying the modern render now, it's unloading properly and i'm hovering around 2gb on everything medium. Swapping back to classic render and it's endlessly eating ram, so it seems to be an issue with the classic render.

edit: 1h30m of sailing, at 5gb ram. it's still got an issue with ram, but it's much worse on the old render. ram usage generally drops 30mb then goes up around 50-60mb every 30 seconds or so.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver

Seems rather sporadic, but i have massive issues with ram running multiple clients, or having other java programs open when playing wurm, just having 1 client and nothing else java open it unloads ram just fine, but 2+ clients travelling around i can barely go 10 minutes before maxing out on ram.

Edited by Oblivionnreaver