Sign in to follow this  
Enlightened_One

Unfinished Eastern Canal - Map 1

Hey, all.  I started mapping that unfinished canal I referred to before.  You can find my original post here: 

I started mapping the abandoned canal so people could get a better idea of what is left to be done.  I'm going to be mapping further sections of it over the coming days and weeks.  If anyone wants to mine some rock and ore and contribute to the completion of the canal, they're more than welcome to come on down.

The first pic below shows the location of the western entrance.  Keep in mind that the tunnel does not follow the line I originally drew on the pic.  I only just now realize where it goes as I started mapping it.  But the western entrance as indicated on the map is exact.  (Not the yellow X.  That's my settlement.  The western entrance is at the start of the green line.)

THEX6AA.jpg

OYV4YCJ.jpg

I started mapping the southern tunnel which is accessed through the southern-most of the 3 mine entrances (black squares), as this seems to be the one that was worked the most.  There is another tunnel which is accessed by both of the northern entrances which I will explore later.

This is what I have so far.  It doesn't run along the route that I originally thought when I made the first pic at the top of this post.  But I will leave that first shot as a reference for finding the tunnel.

So far it is all on dry ground, so carts can wander through without a problem.  Iron veins are noted in red, mine entrances in black, and open space is in yellow.  So far all tiles are in precise measurement, so the iron veins are exactly where they are depicted.  There is also some sandstone and rocksalt that I have seen, but only 2 or so blocks of each.  The horizontal and vertical lines across the top and left side are tile markers in 10's, with the longer lines marking 50's.  These markers use the mine entrance as tile 0,0.

I will periodically add to the map over the coming days and weeks.

Edited by Enlightened_One
  • Like 4

PS... I explored the northern-most 2 mine entrances and found them to be part of a small mining cavern some 20 x 10 tiles in area.

Edited by Enlightened_One