Sign in to follow this  
Talor

Conquest server code dump

I am dumping the Conquest 2 code public in case it is useful to someone. I don't intend to offer any support for this code, nor do I intend to update it to work with the latest versions of WU. Credit to Sindusk for the supply cache code and Darklords for some of the dungeon code and the HOTA code. All bugs are my fault.

While a lot of it is reasonably well-structured, there are some really hacky parts, so check the code before using any of this on a live server.

All the code is available here: https://github.com/modsandstuff/conquest2

This mod includes:

• Mob spawners and loot carpets/chests used for building self-maintaining dungeons.
  • A number of new mobs and items
  • A reworked hota that uses the whole map
  • Trade tents that spawn trade crates that give money when delivered to the opposite trade tent
  • Athanor Mechanism for transforming star gems into enchant scrolls (moves randomly around the map)
  • Item-spawning structures (e.g. Plate Smithy, Iron Mine) intended for use as strategic points
  • A rework of the fog spider spawning code that doesn't cause server lag, and replacing fog spiders with fog goblins
  • Carts with barded horses move slower
  • Removes domination of uniques
  • Blocks the founding of deeds near no-build zones
  • Disabled karma teleport
  • Gives a huge egg when a player would otherwise win a key to the heavens
  • Allows 3 champions of any religion for each kingdom
  • Fixes a problem with generating new missions with the "/newmission Fo" command
  • Probably other stuff I've forgotten
  • Like 4

Thank you for this. It's always the biggest shame when great server mods from projects get left to rot. Having code available to the public helps new modders learn how it works, and gives experienced modders new methods to approach tackling specific problems. I find nothing but positive impact from these types of releases and hope that more follow in the future.

Just as a follow-up question, some of your code would make good options in mods such as Server Tweaks. Would you be willing to allow me to add some of your code as configurable options to Server Tweaks and my other mods?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Sindusk said:

Thank you for this. It's always the biggest shame when great server mods from projects get left to rot. Having code available to the public helps new modders learn how it works, and gives experienced modders new methods to approach tackling specific problems. I find nothing but positive impact from these types of releases and hope that more follow in the future.

Just as a follow-up question, some of your code would make good options in mods such as Server Tweaks. Would you be willing to allow me to add some of your code as configurable options to Server Tweaks and my other mods?

Yes, feel free, sounds like a good idea.

In fact anyone should feel free to use this code for whatever purpose they want.

• Like 3

if (msg.startsWith("/resethodor") && communicator.getPlayer().getPower() == 5) {

4039993.jpg

Couldn't resist, Nice release.

• Like 3

I have not been modding recently or even looking for new mods to add but this has caught my attention.  Awesome that you released it. I might have to break from my original work to pull some of this stuff in. 

Would someone please let me know how to use this, since it's not in the mods folder format I'm used to?  Need to know what goes where. Thanks!

any chance the same happens with Conquest 3 anytime soon? especially the part of the factories and fatigue anti bot measures