Sign in to follow this  
Lolabelle

LOG CABIN

can I ask why we do not have Log Cabins in game. Seems a logical addition really. Logs  or felled trees and mortar. Easy Peasy

• Like 1

Mostly because up until last year we were limited on wall types, and then issues with how it would render at corners and be seamless in it's placement.

It's a great idea, and one we'd like to see in, lots of things just pile up in the way 

(also, tar would be more logical with the logs, along with pegs) 

• Like 9

Good idea.

It is really good for players when a senior member of the team responds in the way that Retrograde has here whether it be affirmative as in this case or to simply say sorry no can do!

Thank you.

• Like 1

+1

It shouldn't really need any mortar type material. Maybe tar used on a finished log cabin wall to seal and protect the wood. But most log cabins don't need a mortar type material in RL.

10 logs per wall or 5 felled trees and a decent amount of tar should be all that's needed.

Edited by Madt

+1

And then, and then, and then can we add Tree houses? Lop off the top of a Chestnut or Oak, stick a log cabin up there with a rope ladder and some rope bridges connecting them? 

• Like 1

+1 For the log cabin and then...

+1 for tree houses as well... Like please please please... only I would love to do both log cabins in the treehouse as well as something like this...16089725184_ca149303c2_o.png

Edited by Selenity
  • Like 2

I don't know if I'd want them to require tar, if only because I see log cabins as something that are easy to build out in the woods but requiring a lot of materials, sort of like palisades.

Big +1

But construction should be of logs or felled trees with clay/grass mixture to be more in keeping with realistic and traditional construction methods.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:19 PM, Thalius said:

Big +1

But construction should be of logs or felled trees with clay/grass mixture to be more in keeping with realistic and traditional construction methods.

I get the realism but hear me out.

Clay - used in mortar and almost every construction project from towers to benches

Tar - you burn it, floorboards, misc things like boats.

Imagine you are out in the woods, and want to make a log cabin. Where is the clay? you think. 

But there is tar nearby!

20 minutes ago, FranktheTank said:

I get the realism but hear me out.

Clay - used in mortar and almost every construction project from towers to benches

Tar - you burn it, floorboards, misc things like boats.

Imagine you are out in the woods, and want to make a log cabin. Where is the clay? you think. 

But there is tar nearby!

Soil and grass would also be an acceptable and realistic method.

Perhaps a peat / sod roof to go with it?  Not as a requirement, but as an option.

Spoiler

a5e0068f768a01c3ddc46d531961fe722d28040f

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Trake said:

4da27588cdc98b68761daf566ae37499.jpg

That would certainly be nice to have!

Multiple story log cabins with different log color/texture by species could look fantastic!